Newbattle Golf Club

Type Private
A round at the Newbattle Golf Club kicks off on St. Davids, a par 4 that measures 363 yards and requires a tee shot toward the left of the fairway to set up an approach to the protected green. The chance for big hitters to open up their games comes on the 13th hole, Lucky Dip, a par 5 that measures 566 yards. The hole requires a second shot that gets you around the dogleg for a mid- or short-iron to the green. The final hole at the Newbattle Golf Club, Hame, is a par 4 that measures 354 yards and requires a straight shot to stay inbounds for a mid- or short-iron to the green.
Newbattle Golf Club
Mens 69 5912 yards
Ladies 72 5363 yards
Scorecard for Newbattle Golf Club
White M: 65.9/113 W: 72.3/123 363 262 177 371 438 423 330 169 330 2863 359 171 296 546 236 364 368 362 347 3049 5912
Red M: 63.0/110 W: 70.0/117 347 249 152 267 410 406 306 151 315 2603 288 160 271 439 225 349 358 337 334 2761 5364

Year Built 1934
Architect H. S. Colt (1934)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes, during the summer months

Excellent course

I booked a four ball here & the staff on arrival were great. The course is in fabulous condition & is a good test of golf. I’ve played here a few times now & the greens are consistently in fantastic condition. Well done!

Wet day with slow play

Great price for a round through golf now. However the weather was wet and the pace of play was extremely slow. I was held up by a threesome who had very high expectations of their own golf, exceeding their abilities unfortunately. I don't know if they were members or not, but I had to walk off after 11 holes because waiting on every tee for 10 minutes before teeing off got too much and I was no longer enjoying the round. Will consider giving it a second chance in better weather. Didn't use the clubhouse but looked pretty nice.

Still as good as I remembered

It's awhile since I played Newbattle golf course and it is still as good as it was back then - if not better. Despite the hot and dry summer the course was in excellent condition. Was round in three hours which was a bonus too. Highly recommended.

Excellent Value

A very interesting layout very well prepared and made to feel welcome.

A parkland course

Found this course quite challenging............greens in excellent condition but hazards around fairways quite difficult if you don't know the layout

Rewarding Course

Lovely greens and overall condition was top class. Very enjoyable course, not too punishing if you’re a little wayward. Plenty of variety on the holes. Very pleasant round.

God condition

This was an excellent course and very flat apart from the 17th (very hilly). Would recommend this coarse to high handicappers as there are wide fairways; Catering excellent.

Newbattle

I had a nice round with my dad. Course in good nick and is suitable for higher handicappers. Played at the end of medals which dragged on the round but other than that really enjoyable round.

Disappointed not to be told of temporary changes when we booked

Got to say that I nearly walked off the course before I even got onto the 1st Tee, was advised in the pro shop that we would be playing holes 1-5 then 13,14,11,12 then onto 7-10 followed by 15,16,17 and 18. Those looking closely will see that this is only 17 holes, the 6th was out of play and the 17th which to me is the best hole on the course was reduced to 2 par 3’s. also the 13th is another par 5 was playing as a par 3. If I had known all these issues when it came to book I would have gone elsewhere but possibly through no fault of the course we were not made aware until the money was taken and we turned up to play. It was busy and really wet underfoot but the burgers made up for it.

Winter Round

Played this course at the beginning of November, was very impressed with the quality of the course. Fairways and greens in excellent condition. 1 winter green in use and it was of good quality too.

Very good mix of holes with some tricky par 4s and some shorter holes.

Course could probably benefit from more signings directing between holes, especially going from 2nd to 3rd.

My round.

I played this course with a friend of mine, James Patterson, and we found the course to be in first class condition, the challenge of the par 5 and overall, although it was the first time we had played Newbattle golf course, we found it to be a great course. I would recommend this course to anyone who hasn't played there yet. Finished the round with an overall score of 113 and a nett score of 87. James finished with an overall score of 108 and a nett score of 86.

Nice greens

A picturesque course and mostly an easy walk with superb putting greens but beware going in rough, some of it is very deep.

Beautiful course

Fortunate to play on a hot Sunday afternoon and the course was in beautiful condition. A few really nice holes which have some really nice approach shots. The greens were fantastic too. Lots to think about which is good too (I found a fair few bunkers!). Highly recommended.

Newbattle

An enjoyable evening panting golf in Midlothian. Course is relatively easy and leaves room for eeeo when teeing off if you have a slice but not so much if you have a tendency to hook shots. Greens were in great condition and can be challenging at first. The par 5 14th par 4 17th and the par 3 15th are challenging holes but great.

The club shop was closed and unfortunately I couldn't purchase some much needed driving tees. Was able to get scorecard from clubhouse and use facilities.

I haven't played for many years here but I would go back at discounted price if 15 pound. Would I pay 30+, most likely not.

Thanks, Tony

Newbattle great little course

Greens are in great condition as was the rest of the course with lovely surroundings.

The course is shortbut still a challenge, an easy walking course.

A really nice track

We have been visitors to Newbattle on several previous occasions, the course always looks well, the staff, and professional are always really welcoming, and were again on this visit. Looking forward another round here sometime soon.

Winter greens

We played at Newbattle on 12th Oct.There were 18 temporary greens and 3 or 4 plastic mats instead of tees.Its a shame because I'd played there a few times before but my two colleges had not.we would not have booked if we knew it was playing the course about half its normal length and putting on fairways.

Great course very nice

Played with my 2 sons great course had a great round of golf

Bonnyrigg, Midlothian
Musselburgh, East Lothian
Gorebridge, Midlothian
Musselburgh, East Lothian

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.