Dalmahoy Hotel, Golf & Country Club - West Course

The Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club's shorter golf course is the West Course, which measures 5,168 yards from the white tees. That just makes the par-68 golf course a different kind of test, as it features squeezed fairways and little greens, requiring accurate play. The golf course demands extra accuracy at its end if you're going to find your way around the Gogar Burn's waters. A round of golf on the Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club's West Course kicks off on Caw Canny, a par 4 that measures 269 yards from the white tees. Coming in at over 10 percent of the course's length is the 13th hole, Lang Dalmahoy, a 536-yard par-5. The final hole is Douglas Hame, a 314-yard par 4. The Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club offers several stay-and-play packages, as well as golf events and instruction.
Dalmahoy Golf Club (West Course)
White 68 5168 yards
Yellow 68 5051 yards
Ladies 69 4777 yards
Scorecard for West Course
White M: 62.1/104 269 275 127 375 309 270 261 435 180 2501 170 362 343 536 312 339 116 175 314 2667 5168
Yellow M: 60.9/102 267 269 121 375 306 267 255 422 167 2449 161 359 339 531 307 327 110 165 303 2602 5051
Ladies W: 63.9/103 265 262 112 366 290 261 245 412 155 2368 156 330 334 447 294 311 97 155 285 2409 4777

Year Built 0
Architect James Braid

Carts Yes - £35

Great Sunday afternoon

Enjoyed our round yesterday. Had a slow three ball in front of us who refused to let us through but to be honest, we weren’t rushing. Fairways pretty burnt, but apart from one or two greens, the course is in good condition.

Excellent value for money..

Very enjoyable round. 4 ball got round in 3.75 hours. Course in good nick - good value for money.

A fine evening

We tee'd off at 16.26 as a pair and with no-one in front and no-one pushing us from behind, a light breeze and sunshine, we finished just after 19.00 - only 2 hours and 40 mins roughly. The West course is a little short, with a number of Par 3's and only one Par 5, but is still interesting. Staff were great, booking easy, I'll definitely play this course again.

Just a brilliantly laid out track !

We played course on the coldest day this year in a force 5 gale with frequent showers and still had a great game. Greens slightly bumpy but didn’t detract from the pleasure of playing this brilliant course .

West Course

Excellent layout, good challenge for MEDIUM handicap players

Wonderful Dalmahoy

Played this the day before tackling the bigger championship course and it was an absolute gem. Both the greens and fairways were in fabulous condition for the time of year. The shorter holes provided a great game of competitive and exciting golf for our group and neutralised the benefits of the bigger hitters in our group. Staff were both helpful and courteous. Would recommend playing this one first as a warm up to the championship course and staying at the hotel for the weekend as it’s a fantastic experience.

Good Course

The West Course is much shorter but provides different challenges. We played a 2 ball and got round in 3hrs 15mins, so a great course if you don't want to spend most of the day there. Course in good condition given the time of year, and the greens were good, but as they've been cored they needed ironed and/or rolled to straighten out a few bumps. Good value...will def return.

Worth playing

Played the east course the following day and found that the west course was the better one to play the greens were better the fairways were. In better condition and it was quieter. I felt the staff were not as friendly towards us as we were.paying less than their full green fees. ( remember I paid the full fee the following day)

dalmahoy get it together

3 guys and a young lad teed of before me ,as I played behind them I could not believe they were letting the young lad run across the greens and in and out of the bunkers the bunkers were never raked and the guys were members if that is there standard of some members I would never play here again, I feel sorry for other members who enjoy this course, course being ruined by idiots.

Decent Course But Issue

We were staying at the Hotel and tried booking the Course. West wasn't available so booked to play East at £75 each. Checked online with Teetimes.co.uk and found that West was available at £23 each. We cancelled our booking with the hotel direct and informed the guy on desk of the rate we got. He was like "they get better rates" in other words couldn't care less.

When we went to check in at the Golf Desk the same guy asked to see my confirmation as he said that it sounded too cheap and is usually £35 on teetimes. Before that he tried to charge us £50

they were making up the charges at the time knowing we were staying at the hotel. Other than that the hotel and courses are Great!

Good practice or learners course

Short par 4s and only 1 par 5, some decent length par 3s, interesting holes...

Ideal for getting the swing going at start of season, enough hazards and rough to make it interesting and not too hard for inexperienced golfers...

Mats on Par 3s and short par 4s, greens in good condition...

The West Course at Dalmahoy Golf & Country Club

Exceptionally fair weather sunny January day at Dalmahoy West Course. 18 normal greens operative and greens were good for this time of year. Course was presented really well. Only issue was that all winter tees. Whilst I don't mind playing off winter tees which are after all designed to protect the normal tees during heavy frost and perpetual rainy conditions, I do however take exception to playing off winter tees which are up to 30 yards ahead of the normal tees. Upon inspection there is ample teeing area adjacent to the normal tees without creating considerably shorter winter holes. Unnecessary in my opinion,. Perhaps you might consider creating winter tees closer to the normal tees? Apart from the above my friends and I enjoyed the course and a great days golf. Robert Cooper MBE

Very good condition even in January

Despite the breezy and Windsor weather there were a lot of people on the field. But all went easy, no waiting. Hard ti loose the ball. Course not difficult, Easy to have fun.

Ratho, Edinburgh City