Timber Ridge Golf Club

Scorecard for Cardinal Creek
Blue M: 68.9/125 421 373 384 379 172 387 444 161 324 3045 334 530 315 202 256 159 385 360 518 3059 6104
White M: 65.5/110 W: 70.2/117 409 342 346 323 121 310 430 150 313 2744 327 439 311 143 245 155 370 341 419 2750 5494
Red W: 66.5/106 367 261 262 272 85 282 411 134 265 2339 264 394 249 127 230 133 184 280 401 2262 4601

Year Built 1993

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New York (2015 #7)

Playing Multiple Courses 6

Excellent In Every Way! Do Not Miss This Course.

I played this course occasionally when I lived in Greece NY. It was a farm course and often in rough condition. I moved to Florida 5 yrs ago but had a chance to revisit the course a week ago when visiting relatives in Churchville. I was aware new owners had purchased the course about 5 yrs. ago.

The transformation is incredible! Beautiful tee boxes, fairways and greens. Beautiful new landscaping enhances the visual experience at nearly every hole. Every hole looks like a photo opportunity and was perfectly cut the day I played.

Some holes have been modified either in length, layout, or both. The difficulty level is moderately challenging. And the prices are more than fair.

This course conditions exceed a number of private clubs I have played . Decent new clubhouse with good food at reasonable prices.

Don't miss this course. Highly recommended. Well done Timber Ridge!

A much improved course

I had not played the course in 8 years when it was still under the previous ownership. What a surprise we had in store for us. From the moment we drove in, it was noticeable that the new owner had spent some money to make your first impression a positive one. The buildings all had new exteriors and the interior of the club house/pros hop, while small, was remodeled very nicely. The electric golf carts, while older, were solid and performed very well. The course was the real surprise. Tee Boxes: Very good shape although some had slight crowns which could be flattened; Some previous tee boxes which were in poor shape due to too many trees, were now opened up to allow sun and circulation and grass to grow. Fairways and Rough: Again very good. Trees trimmed up enough to allow you to return errant shots to the fairway or green. The Greens: Nice size but somewhat crowned or slopped in many cases. Speed about average, overall condition above average. Sand Traps: Very fluffy sand. If you fly the ball in, expect a fried-egg lie. No coarse sand, stones or pebbles to mark your wedges. A big plus in my book. There are more improvement coming such as a new green on the 11th hole to replace the badly slope one. This will become a very challenging Par 5 with a little dogleg at the end and ponds in front of the green. This is not a long course from the white tees, but still requires some course management on the golfer’s part in order to score well. A driver is not always the right club off the tee on many par 4's. Over two days playing the course, we averaged just at or under 4-hours playing time with a foursome in carts. Kudos to management for scheduling tee time 10 minutes apart rather than 7-8 as other courses do to pack the course with as many golfers as possible. Very pleased with the pace of play. We will be back!!

I'll be back

I have NOT played at Timber Ridge, since the New Owners took over. My wife Lori and I planned on playing 18 holes but due to this and that, we only played 9. Steve, the owner, being the Real Man, he really is, gave us a ticket to come back and play the back nine, when we can. The course, owner, satff are GREAT and WE WILL go back.

Fried Eggs

This course was in great condition and was a blast to pay. I'm calling it fried eggs because this course had the best sand traps I've ever seen, unfortunately I found out first hand. The staff was friendly as well as the patrons who couldn't stop talking about how far this course has come in the past 5 years. Not your typical "grab quick" menu at the turn but their Rubens are well worth the 5-10 min wait. Look forward to playing this course more often 5 Stars

Excellent value

I'd heard nothing good about this course when it was under previous ownership (Cardinal Creek). My foursome were all very impressed with our experience, especially at $21 pp to ride 18 on a holiday Friday. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were in excellent shape. Little things like paved cartpaths for the entire loop and working ball washers on every hole were nice. Fully electric carts were in excellent shape. Course is moderately challenging, not crazy difficult. I liked that the practice green is less than ten feet from the first tee, allowing you to warm up right up until it's time to tee off. I think anyone would be hard pressed to have a better experience at a sub $25 price point. We'll be back.

Well maintained

very nice course Well maintained excellent greens and fairways would go again carts are very nice

Nice layout

tough driving holes but fair. Greens are in great shape. Fairways are good despite all the rain. Will definitely play this course again.

Great Challange

Great course in very nice shape,, The greens were domed and very fast.. The key is be selective of the tee and be prepared to go with a fairway wood hybrid or iron when necessary The fairways and greens are very well maintained definitely worth a play. Finished my round in 4 hours. .

very good

very good and moved right long loved the pace of play i would play here again

A lack of customer service

I recently used GolfNow and found that the manager of the course, Timber Ridge Golf Club near Rochester, NY, did not want to honor the rate of $12 per player(payable to the course). In fact, he was overly hostile, claiming " why would I accept a $12 fee when the going rate was . . ." After a discussion that seemed to draw a bit of attention, he agreed to let us play for the rate noted on the reservation confirmation. He tried calling GolfNow but did not get through at that point. As you might imagine, we were not pleased with this reception. In addition, it should be noted that there are about 50 courses within easy drive time, many of which would appreciate our business.

Rochester, New York