Timber Ridge Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Location is worth the drive   Great for locals seniors playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Excellent In Every Way! Do Not Miss This Course."

billwunder's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I played this course occasionally when I lived in Greece NY. It was a farm course and often in rough condition. I moved to Florida 5 yrs ago but had a chance to revisit the course a week ago when visiting relatives in Churchville. I was aware new owners had purchased the course about 5 yrs. ago.

The transformation is incredible! Beautiful tee boxes, fairways and greens. Beautiful new landscaping enhances the visual experience at nearly every hole. Every hole looks like a photo opportunity and was perfectly cut the day I played.

Some holes have been modified either in length, layout, or both. The difficulty level is moderately challenging. And the prices are more than fair.

This course conditions exceed a number of private clubs I have played . Decent new clubhouse with good food at reasonable prices.

Don't miss this course. Highly recommended. Well done Timber Ridge!

"A much improved course"

glerck's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I had not played the course in 8 years when it was still under the previous ownership. What a surprise we had in store for us. From the moment we drove in, it was noticeable that the new owner had spent some money to make your first impression a positive one. The buildings all had new exteriors and the interior of the club house/pros hop, while small, was remodeled very nicely. The electric golf carts, while older, were solid and performed very well. The course was the real surprise. Tee Boxes: Very good shape although some had slight crowns which could be flattened; Some previous tee boxes which were in poor shape due to too many trees, were now opened up to allow sun and circulation and grass to grow. Fairways and Rough: Again very good. Trees trimmed up enough to allow you to return errant shots to the fairway or green. The Greens: Nice size but somewhat crowned or slopped in many cases. Speed about average, overall condition above average. Sand Traps: Very fluffy sand. If you fly the ball in, expect a fried-egg lie. No coarse sand, stones or pebbles to mark your wedges. A big plus in my book.

There are more improvement coming such as a new green on the 11th hole to replace the badly slope one. This will become a very challenging Par 5 with a little dogleg at the end and ponds in front of the green.

This is not a long course from the white tees, but still requires some course management on the golfer’s part in order to score well. A driver is not always the right club off the tee on many par 4's.

Over two days playing the course, we averaged just at or under 4-hours playing time with a foursome in carts. Kudos to management for scheduling tee time 10 minutes apart rather than 7-8 as other courses do to pack the course with as many golfers as possible. Very pleased with the pace of play. We will be back!!

"I'll be back"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I have NOT played at Timber Ridge, since the New Owners took over. My wife Lori and I planned on playing 18 holes but due to this and that, we only played 9. Steve, the owner, being the Real Man, he really is, gave us a ticket to come back and play the back nine, when we can. The course, owner, satff are GREAT and WE WILL go back.

"Fried Eggs"

bbailey037's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course was in great condition and was a blast to pay. I'm calling it fried eggs because this course had the best sand traps I've ever seen, unfortunately I found out first hand. The staff was friendly as well as the patrons who couldn't stop talking about how far this course has come in the past 5 years. Not your typical "grab quick" menu at the turn but their Rubens are well worth the 5-10 min wait.

Look forward to playing this course more often 5 Stars

"Excellent value"

brhahn's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I'd heard nothing good about this course when it was under previous ownership (Cardinal Creek). My foursome were all very impressed with our experience, especially at $21 pp to ride 18 on a holiday Friday. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were in excellent shape. Little things like paved cartpaths for the entire loop and working ball washers on every hole were nice. Fully electric carts were in excellent shape. Course is moderately challenging, not crazy difficult. I liked that the practice green is less than ten feet from the first tee, allowing you to warm up right up until it's time to tee off.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to have a better experience at a sub $25 price point. We'll be back.

"Well maintained"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2015

very nice course Well maintained excellent greens and fairways would go again carts are very nice

"Nice layout"

Massey199's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2015

tough driving holes but fair. Greens are in great shape. Fairways are good despite all the rain. Will definitely play this course again.

"Great Challange"

drrambo1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great course in very nice shape,, The greens were domed and very fast.. The key is be selective of the tee and be prepared to go with a fairway wood hybrid or iron when necessary

The fairways and greens are very well maintained definitely worth a play. Finished my round in 4 hours.<br/> .

"very good"

emgeiss's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

very good and moved right long loved the pace of play i would play here again

"A lack of customer service"

rockst's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I recently used GolfNow and found that the manager of the course, Timber Ridge Golf Club near Rochester, NY, did not want to honor the rate of $12 per player(payable to the course). In fact, he was overly hostile, claiming " why would I accept a $12 fee when the going rate was . . ." After a discussion that seemed to draw a bit of attention, he agreed to let us play for the rate noted on the reservation confirmation. He tried calling GolfNow but did not get through at that point. As you might imagine, we were not pleased with this reception. In addition, it should be noted that there are about 50 courses within easy drive time, many of which would appreciate our business.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Beautiful scenery"

Lainey18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2014

In spite of the rain all morning, it let up when we started. Course was understandably wet in areas but the views of the fall foliage were pretty, and the sun did peak out. Had a great time. Golf manager is a very nice guy.

"well manicured"

Jeff5355791's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2014

I like to play 2 new courses each year. I've attempted to play here twice before without a reservation and showed up when tournaments were scheduled. One of the shorter courses from the white tees but enjoyed playing it and was worth my 35 minute drive. Impressed with the fairways, the nicest fairways I've played, especially in this price range. Greens also in great shape. Nice bar and dining area and accommodations for company / fundraiser events. Parking lot was a bit cramped and also bring water there were no water stations on the course.

"Koodo's to the new owners !!!!The course was prestine ,from tee to green.Table top greens(lightning fast!)The food was great,as promised."

palmer59's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Improvements to this course have been exceptional!For the average golfer play the blue tee's.A definite yes to add this course to your tour mix!<br/> Great time Timber Ridge!

"A514chic"

A514chic's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2014

First time at this course. Course was in great condition. Marked it as somewhat challenging because of the narrow fairways and smaller greens. If you hit a good straight ball, you won't get into any trouble. Would definitely like to play it again.

"Great course"

newmanrd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2014

Staff is very friendly<br/> Resturant food good - reasonable with quick friendly service<br/> Course in excellent condition<br/> Crowed parking lot but few on course--- played in less than 4 hours<br/> Nice variety of holes with water sand and hills<br/> Nice distance between holes

"Great hidden secret"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2014

This course was in great shape . As we were playing the guys were spraying weed kill on the fairway area . Show a commitment to keeping it nice. The putting surface was very challenging for me .

"Great conditions!"

Pat4Pars's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Playing a tournament here not playing here befor I did not know what to expect. but I was immeadetly pleased right off the 1st hole. I entered the awesome new clubhouse and was amazed then hit the range and the putting green. pretty nice. then when it came to my tee time I was shocked awesome fairways awesome greens with holes that had character.this was fairly wide open being way out in Brockport and you could recover most bad drives but the price I saw online for 18 was like pocket change and this public course was way above my expectations

"play smart golf"

budbryan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

i was 5 min late for my tee time due to road repair,i alowed one hour to drive 20 miles.when i arived i was treated rudely and impolite.i told the manger about it, and his response was "i was late and got to play very cheep and he was not going to use golf now any more.needless to say i will not return

"Timber Ridge is a super value course"

rickgroth's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2014

I can't recommend it much higher. Course was in great shape, fast pace and super value. Playing it on a Sunday couldn't have been better.

"rude staff and easy course"

paradisedan's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2014

Showed up 20 minutes before the tee time i paid for. Was told i could go right out because no one else was there. My wife and i put our shoes on and loaded up our bags. We stopped to go to the bathroom and took all of 10 minutes to get ready. We were at the putting green when we were told that we should have tee off already because "we have other people coming". All of this is still before the tee time i paid for. If your going to be rude to me before i tee off i guess its a good thing i only paid $16 for the round.

The course was actually very nice. Short and very friendly for women or seniors. Kept well and the greens rolled out true, but a few of them were inconsistent in their speed. Maybe some got watered and others didn't not quite sure.

Overall its a value course. Nothing special but an ok place to get in a cheap round. Just make sure your early !

Quality of food & beverage: Average