Camillus Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1962

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code No tank-tops or cut-offs

Bar, Restaurant

It's in really good shape

The place did a real 180 from the conditions it was in earlier in the year, its in very good shape right now. Pleasantly surprised how the fairways looked with the drought, they have been watering them a lot and they look great. Greens were in good shape, a little slower than other years. Overall very well maintained.

Birthday golf

Took my wife here for her. Birthday and she absolutely enjoyed it. We were a twosome and came up on two sets of foursomes. We were just playing casually but both groups offered us to play through. We played through and had a great day. I say extremely challenging because we are used to flat ground in Florida, and this course is extremely hilly. Great layout but a lot of blind drives. Makes it very challenging for seniors ha. Greens and tees were in great shape, but the drought that is going on is taking a small toll on the rough. Fairways were in pretty good shape considering the drought. Course personell were very friendly. We did not use any amenities....COVID. ! All in all a great day, and we will definitely play it again while we are here.

Commented on 07/13/2020

We're happy your wife had a great birthday celebration here at Camillus! We're glad you chose to play here during your visit and look forward to having you both out here again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2020

u8825691, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Camillus Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hi, chefadam21. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Camillus Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Home course

Great course. Always is very good shape; fairways, greens, etc. Sand traps were a bit wet from the storms last night.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, 88bogeyman! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Camillus Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Camillus Hills Golf Club!

Back home

Camillus HIlls is basically my home course. Javi always does a great job, and this is especially true now, even with limited players.

Commented on 06/19/2020

We're honored Camillus is your home course! We look forward to seeing you out here again soon!

The rough was so long you couldnt find your ball...

$48 to play this place and they werent mowing the rough because of "staff issues with coronavirus" ok... It was 10-12 inches high in some spots... good luck finding your ball... also were not taking any of the recommended safety protocols. Greens were in decent shape, slower than normal though.

Too many blind shots.

There are several dangerous holes that have blind spots off the tee. Be careful.

Commented on 06/05/2020

Escape from doing nothing

Course was in good shape except for the rough which was too high for the average golfer.

Commented on 06/08/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Camillus Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another stellar experience!

Commented on 06/30/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u933200645! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi u029831367. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Camillus Hills Golf Club!

Camillus Hills

Great course. Glof fees are high for this area and the prices in the club house are too high

Cold Sunny Day in October

Pulled into the parking lot at 7:45 AM for a 8 AM Tee Time. There were no other cars in the patrons lot. I wondered if because of the cold weather and recent rain the course might be closed. After I put on my shoes and started walking towards the clubhouse I was relieved to see a golf cart parked by the practice green. That’s when I heard a voice call out, do you have the 8 AM Tee Time. I responded yes. The staff member said that carts for you the course is yours when your ready. I proceeded to take some practice putts with that staff member. After teeing off I noticed that the 1st fairway and green had been blown free of leaves and grass and recently mowed, by the 2nd hole I knew why.
The grounds crew was out in front of me. The rest of the round the grounds crew kept 1 to 2 holes ahead of me and at one point even gave me a couple balls they found.
The fairways and greens were in excellent shape in spite of the wet conditions and morning dew.
As I played the course I didn’t see another person playing the course until I was on the 17th hole.
It felt like I was playing my own private course.
The hospitality I received this day was exceptional and the course was in great shape.
I had a great day and golf experience.

great course but lousy unfriendly staff

I have played this course recently and found it to be in very good condition fairways through greens. Very hilly course with hardly a flat lie anywhere. The hole #1 green is a freaking challenge and you don't want to be above the hole as if you don't hole out you will probably find your ball rolling off the green. The carts seem new and are comfortable, but they could use a GPS attached. That is the positive.

Now to the negative: The pro running the pro shop is not the friendliest dude and gives you the impression you are bothering him. The owners on the other hand are friendly and very welcoming!

But even with bad experiences with the pro, I would still recommend this golf course.

An enjoyable course.

Last played in fall of 2019. We drive down to Syracuse several times a year from Canada to play the course and have been doing so for the past 15 + years. Looking forward to again playing once the border reopens. It is my wife‘‘s favourite US course.

Great overall. Expire Don’t miss this gem

From the ease of getting a tee time to playing and after golf amenities this course has it all. The course is challenging but fair. Any level player will have a good experience. From the Pro Shop to the Bar and Restaurant facilities this is a top notch course. I will play here much more and will most likely become a member. Highly recommend it.

A great course and the clubhouse and restaurant is fantastic. The owner is usually there and always friendly. Try it you will love it!

Marcellus, New York