Pine Ridge Golf Club

Pine Ridge Golf Club was carved from pine forests in central Long Island. Located in Coram, the course's player-friendly layout is a popular choice for all skill levels. The narrow, tree-lined fairways demand accuracy and the greens are fast and can be hard to read but it's not an overly punishing golf course for high handicappers. The risk-reward opportunities will test your course management and strategic thinking skills. If played smartly, you could find yourself with a birdie, particularly on the two driveable par 4s on the front nine. Several bunkers lurk throughout and water comes into play occasionally as well. You'll also face several sharp doglegs, both left and right. In addition to the golf course, Pine Ridge also offers a practice facility that includes a driving range, putting green, and a large grass teeing area.
Pine Ridge Golf Club
Scorecard for Pine Ridge Golf Club
Black M: 72.5/137 361 471 385 312 207 461 161 554 307 3219 192 589 451 494 526 176 387 164 409 3388 6607
Blue M: 70.1/132 W: 75.2/133 341 428 357 278 196 439 130 513 300 2982 173 571 421 440 510 142 361 141 394 3153 6135
White M: 67.9/123 W: 72.1/126 309 392 314 251 188 380 114 467 277 2692 155 525 400 417 475 122 332 123 371 2920 5612
Gold M: 63.6/108 W: 67.7/113 267 331 286 210 161 354 101 434 244 2388 114 460 314 343 428 107 327 103 284 2480 4868

Year Built 2006

Dress code Proper golf attire is required and is left to the discretion of the General Manager. No denim, cutoffs, tank tops, or halter tops.

After reading some of the reviews me and my friends were hesitant to play. We paid 63 bucks on a Saturday morning w a cart. We were skeptical to play considering the course had been aerated 10 days prior. The greens were in good condition. Fairways were fine. Tees were fine. I really don’t know what these other people who reviewed were looking at. Everything about the course was great. Rate of play was excellent. Friendly staff. I would consider the course slightly challenging which made it fun. A lot of dog legs and a few water hazardous. I will definitely try to play atleast one or two more times this fall.

Beat uo

Nice layout thru the woods, but the course was really beat up. Tee boxes had no grass left on them, sand traps had grass growing in them, and the greens had tons of unrepaired ball marks and a few burnt spots. There were a few areas of ground under repair that looked like they had not been touched in weeks. Place need alot of TLC.

Horrendous

This is the first review I ever have done but felt compel to do it. The entire course was in terrible condition, from the tee boxes (dirt tee boxes for the most part), bunkers haven''t been conditioned/racked probably all year, ball marks on the greens were numerous, had to fix 5-10 before you could putt. Some green had damage from puddling water spots, fairways were thin and chopped up. No maintenance is being done, the areas that were renovated were a waste of money because they haven't completed them (3rd hole is more open but it was more pleasing to the eye with the trees then without them since it is still all chopped up. the one staff member was cold and he usually is. It's a shame because this use to be one of my favorite courses and in fact I use to be a Sunday tee time member, but I will NEVER play again unless I hear it has been totally renovated. It's by far the worst course conditions I've ever played in. I wish I took some photos to share. Wouldn't be worth $10 to play this course as it stands now.

Lack of maintenance

I had to steal the titles of a few people who reviewed before me. I first played this course around five years ago and loved it. Not a long course from the blues, but some good bunker placement and water on holes made this a challenge. I haven't played here in two years because I didn't like the conditions two summers ago after a very hot summer and the courses was baked out. I decided to give it another chance and we played the course on a rainy day, but you can tell this course has been neglected this year and years past.

We arrived and asked the people in the proshop to push back our time because our buddy went to the wrong course. In case you aren't from the area there's another course close by called Pine Hills. They were super friendly and got us right out when our buddy arrived. The starter was also really nice and told us because of the rain that day and how wet the summer has been it was cart path only. That fine by me because I want the course to be in the best shape. However, it seemed like everyone but our group adhered to that rule and that could be a major cause as to why the fairways were awful. The group behind us was almost annoyed and hit up on us a bunch of times because we had to cross the entire fairway to get to our ball while they didn't follow the rules. Most likely they were members and thought they were above the rules. Right off the bat we could see the rough and fairways were dead or just dirt. On more than half the holes the greens had dozens if not more ball marks around the pin. Almost like they haven't changed the pine location in weeks. It's a shame because it could be a nice course, but it has really been neglected. Lastly, when we first got into our carts the battery light wasn't on and then by hole two the lights came on and we needed new carts brought out. I understand these things happen, but both carts dying right away? Did you not take the time to charge them? I will tell you this the ranger called the shop and got carts right out there for us so that was great. I won't be back until I hear better news about the conditions

Terrible Neglected Conditions

This course is in serious need of maintenance! Awful tee boxes, fairways, sand traps and greens. This has usually been a great place to play, but the condition it is in now is frustrating to play. Think I'll find somewhere else to spend my money...

Lack of Maintenance

This course is in serious need of maintenance, I was extremely disappointed with the tee boxes, fairways, greens and don't even get me started on the sand traps. The price should really be lowered to reflect the condition of the course. It would be understandable if the course were under repair, but this seems more like course neglect. Think I'll find somewhere else to spend my money.

Extremely disappointed

I cannot say enough good things about the staff here as they are always very pleasant. The course itself however has taken a back seat to care and maintenance. The greens had a.lot of dirt spots on them, one was 3 feet in diameter. These were some of the worst the boxes I have ever seen. Someone wrote there were some sand traps under repair, I personally think they are being neglcted, you dont have more grass in a sand trap than the tee boxes if they are under repair. If this course continues on the same path, I dont think itll be around much longer. I'm going to spend.my $70 on a different course . Sorry, but I can no longer recommend this course to a golfer that is serious about their game.

No thanks

Played there this morning around 9AM. The gentleman in the clubhouse was very friendly. Went to the range to hit a few ($6 for 35 balls).

The course was not in the best shape. The fairways were in good condition though.

Came across multiple broken sprinkler heads flooding the area. Almost every green had black, muddy spots from where the water pools. Some tee boxes had no grass, only sand. The 17th bunkers were a mess/under construction. If you were off of the fairway you really got to see how neglected most of the course is. Was definitely disappointed. I had high hopes considering it was my first time there and how nice the clubhouse was but after playing it I realized why there were so few cars in the parking lot.

If I’m going to drive out there I’d much rather play the other courses in the area (Mill Pond, Spring Lake,etc).

BALL MARKS !!!

THE COURSE WAS OK.

I PLAYED HERE A YEAR AGO AND THERE WERE A THOUSAND BALL MARKS ON THE GREENS.

THIS YEAR THEY ARE SAYING THE COURSE IS IN MUCH BETTER SHAPE, THEY ARE RIGHT THERE ARE ONLY 500 BALL MARKS ON THE GREENS.

PEOPLE DRIVE CARTS ON THE GREEN, TAKE DOWN THE ROPES AND DRIVE ALL OVER THE PLACE. LAST YEAR THE CART HAD A FLAT TIRE, THIS YEAR THE CART HAD 2 TIRES THAT WERE HALF FLAT. NO RANGER AND GOLFERS NOT TAKING CARE OF THE COURSE, RAKING TRAPS, REPAIRING BALL MARKS, REPLACING DIVOTS.

THIS COURSE SHOULD NOT CHARGE MORE THAN $25 WITH CART, THAT WOULD BE A FAIR PRICE.

Tough but fair

Greens were in v good condition

They have spruced up the rough spots and cleared out a lot of trees

Worth the money!

course difficulty

a good number of holes are narrow and the fairways slope to a particular side...you have to mentally assess each hole with club selection and landing area.

the greens are difficult with a good number of holes cut on the slope.

overall it was a fun day!!!!

friendliest course around

love the course. all employees involved with the operation are the best. so friendly. if i didnt live 50 miles from coram, i would play this course at least twice a week. thanks to everyone at Pine Ridge

Much improved

Alot of trees removed, fairways green and shortly cut,greens were also.

Mount Sinai, New York