Type Municipal
Eisenhower Park-Blue Course

Year Built 1951
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1951)

Carts Yes - $48

Golf Simulator Yes

Nice Day

Course was in ready state and greens were in great shape for first week of winter.

N Y N J Advisor

Good Layout, Average Conditions

The layout is short and playing from the tips is not a challenge length wise. The course has lots of dog legs and fairly straightforward with no blind shots. From a condition perspective, it doesn't get as much attention compared to the Red and White. Lots of browning on the greens but still playable. After playing all Eisenhower courses in the past two weeks, the one thing I did notice is that the course does not rake the bunkers. Being one of the first three groups out each morning, there is no reason why the bunkers shouldn't be fairly smooth but it looks like they haven't been raked in weeks. I guess maintenance just focuses their attention on cutting the grass.

surprisingly fast and good

Surprisingly fast round today. Teed off at 730 and really cruised. A major issue with this county course is the old men and hackers that slow the pace. Even thought the group in front of us was slow they still kept pace and we played in under 4 hours. We only waited on them for the last 3 holes.

Now to the course. Blue is short and wide open. If you want an easier test than the Red then this is your course. I personally find the White to be boring, unimaginative and annoying. Every hole is narrow, two bunkers on either side of the green and the green is elevated. At least blue has some fun holes. Only 6k from the tips so honestly it’s not a long course at all. The greens were the fastest I’ve ever seen at Eisenhower and were in generally good shape. A few years back the head keeper, who from what I heard was not qualified for the job, killed most of the greens on the Red. Some of the bunkers were in bad shape with wood still holding lips up, but overall the course was in decent shape. I really wish people would learn to fix their ball marks though.

Only course Open

Our threesome had a GolfNow reservation at another course but to our dismay about 85% of the courses on Long Island were closed due to "snow on the ground" so the course we booked was closed. We called Eisenhower and they were open for walk-ins and quoted as an over the phone price of $36 for 18 holes of walking golf. We raced over and upon presenting our IDs for payment were promptly told we were "non residents" (we live in Queens) and our $36 charge was bumped to $50!!!! With not much choice and an itch to play we swallowed hard and paid the additional $14 per person. The course was like playing on concrete. We had fun because of our group but the pace of play and the overall course was a disappointment, especially at $50/person to WALK the course.

white beats the red

ANYONE WHO PLAYS GOOD GOLF KNOWS THE WHITE COURSE IS SUPERIOR TO THE OVERRATED AND SLOW MISERABLE PACED RED COURSE AT EISENHOWER , IF THEY PUT SOME MONEY BACK INTO THE WHITE IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST GOLF COURSES IN NASSAU COUNTY , BUT EVERYONE LIKES THE MUNDANE MEDIOCRE RED ,,, SAD

good course to play

blue Fairway is excellent but green is poor..pace slow.anyway it.s good course to play.

Nice county run course

Played the loop in 3 1/2 hours which is unheard of here. Tee boxes could use some attention. Fairways were in good shape however the rough is tough. Greens were moderate in speed but were true. Over all a nice experience and pace was excellent.

Good course

Good course. Decent shape. A little pricey for a county course.

Terrible Greens

Have waited and waited to play the red. Similar set up to Beth page but my oh my what happened to the greens. Number 4 was temporary but they should have at least 6 other greens temporary as well. It's off the bucket list but I will not return

slow play

Played today with 16 old daughter played front 9 in two & half hrs played back 9 in 3 hrs what a bad day . No rangers they want to promot golf to kids who wants to spend five in half hrs on a golf coures . Now i know why golf is on a decline !

Red was a Nice Course, but play was slow

This was my first trip to Eisenhower. I usually avoid it because it's always crowded, but I've always wanted to give it a try. I played the RED course starting at 12:30 and was only able to finish 13 holes by 4:40 when it got too dark to finish. That's just way too slow for me. The course itself was very nice. A nice par 5 to start and loosen up, followed by several dog-legs. I liked the bunkers around the greens, which forced you to hit quality shots on your approach. The green on the 12th was a killer as was some of the pin-placements but overall, I enjoyed the round.

First Time

Very surprised by golf course as many told me not to play Blue. As a 3rd year player the course gave me enough of a challenge, and was surprised by the bunkers near the greens at all the holes.

First Time

I enjoyed my first time experience at Eisenhower Park Blue Course. As a beginner, it fulfilled all I needed to handle on a golf course. I enjoyed the layout and bunker placement. I would deffitnilly recommend it to my friends and anyone who ask about it.

Worthy book online

I book the tee time on golfnow.com and worth every penny. when i saw the rate without pre book and not resident of Long Island, its exreteme expensive.

Short and sweet

Short but challenging course. Plenty of room to get into trouble with errand shots. Approach shots must be liofted on to elevated greens. Overall a great day of golf!

Worst round of golf in my life

I was excited to play Eisenhower Red on a summer weekend, having played other public courses in Long Island including Bethpage.

The first issue was that you have to pay simply to park at the golf course. I'm not talking about valet service - just to bring your car to the facility costs $10. This was a first, but ok the course must be worth it.

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A SLOWER ROUND OF GOLF IN MY LIFE. IT TOOK 3 HOURS TO PLAY 7 HOLES.
Every tee box we came to, there was always 1 group if not 2 groups WAITING to tee off. We would wait typically 20 minutes after every green. As such it was impossible to get a rythm or take the situation seriously.

I left after 7 holes because life is too short to spend it in line.

Favorite muni

I play this course every week because they have 5:30am-8:30am blocked out for walk-ons, so getting a tee time is easy if you wake up early enough.

The staff is ALWAYS friendly. Many people think every hole looks the same, and while that may be true, it still provides what you look for in a good golf course...nice tee boxes, well kept fairways, and fastest muni greens that roll true, and 4 hrs 15 mins pace of play.

The only bad thing might be when you tee off early in the morning, the sun is directly in your light of sight so always have a friend keep an eye out on your ball.

Easy Course

This course is perfect for those who has fear of losing balls in water hazards because there is none.

East Meadow, New York
Hicksville, New York
East Williston, New York
Hempstead, New York
Garden City, New York
Garden City, New York
Jericho, New York

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.