Marshall Canyon Golf Course

Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass

Clubs No

Tough Greens

As always, the defense of this course are the greens... hard to keep it below the hole, and above, well lets say...good luck. Bumkers were in good shape... the tee boxes, not so much and many had all three sets of markers going off in the same place (nice for us shorter hitters)... always a challenge and soild course to play.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, Mark. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Marshall Canyon!

Serenity Now

Played on Sunday 11/24/19. I always enjoy this course no matter the condition for the serenity and scenery. If you've played here before you know that it is a haven for deer and squirrels. Anyway, on to the course. I was pleasantly surprised that the greens were in great shape and at a fair speed for this place. If they are too fast, it can become ridiculous when you are above the hole on most of the greens. (That's my tip for the day) The fairways are decent with a few bare spots. The rough is not difficult. The sand traps need some work and the tee boxes are currently over seeded on more than half the holes. Nice to see management making the effort to smooth them out. Also, my lower back thanks you for putting in those new cart paths. haha
POP on Sunday was 4.5 hours and I had a fun time enjoying the peace and quiet at MC.
For the record, just after a heavy rain, this place can get a little soggy. So wait a week or so.

Commented on 12/03/2019

We appreciate you leaving us such a thorough review, Jag. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Marshall Canyon - A hidden gem

Marshall Canyon is a great course to play. The pace of play is always consistent. The layout is challenging enough with the tree lined and sloping fairways. The greens are usually pretty good. There is only a small concession stand, but it is more than adequate. I love coming to this course.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, SaxForAll. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Marshall Canyon, and we look forward to seeing you again next time!

Commented on 11/12/2019

Hi Kenny, We love to hear about your positive experience at our course. Thanks for golfing at Marshall Canyon Golf Club!

Commented on 11/12/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Marshall Canyon Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Marshall Canyon Golf Club!

Amazing course

I really enjoyed my game at Marshall canyon beautiful holes challenging greens but a good challenge great course

Commented on 11/06/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating and wonderful review of your last experience at Marshall Canyon, 13carlos! We hope you'll come back to play the course again soon!

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi brownpla, thank you for coming out to play Marshall Canyon and providing your feedback. Please reach out to us at the course if there is anything we could have done to boost your round up to 5-stars!

El prado

This is a good course to practice before going to nicer courses.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi Thyra13. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes, so please let us know if there is anything we could do to boost your rating up to 5-stars. Thanks for visiting Marshall Canyon Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi Thyra13. We appreciate you taking the time to rate us. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to boost your rating up to 5-stars and thanks for visiting Marshall Canyon Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Tough greens

Course is a bit challenging due to the slope of the fairways and greens. Putting from the wrong side of the green is so tough. There were 3 of us and we followed 5 walkers who held us up towards the end of our round but we still finished in under 4 hours. We love this course so we will most likely be back.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Hi u00000928585. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 5 stars and for playing Marshall Canyon Golf Club.

Pace of play

Mens club played slow and caused severe backup for non men's club golfers.

Great staff

I was a bit late on my tee time and the guy up front let me go whenever I got in. Pretty dope

Commented on 09/23/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Marshall Canyon and we could still get you in! Thank you for rating us 5-stars!

Great course! Excellent value!

This place is a gem and a great value overall! Green fees are really reasonable for 18 holes
+ a cart. We can get out and play as a two-some most of the time and the pace of play is quick on most days, even weekends. The course offers a variety of layouts (elevation changes, dog legs, rolling hills, forced carries, etc.) and lets you use most of the clubs in your bag. We definitely recommend Marshall Canyon and look forward to our next round here!

Fun fact: This course is home to a pack of deer that just hang while you play - it's pretty cool!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review and recommendation! It makes us happy to hear how much you enjoy playing Marshall Canyon, and we look forward to having you back!

Always have a great time playing Marshal Canyon, pace of play today was right at 4 hours teed off 8:45 can't complain about that especially on a Friday. Deer out lounging in the shade today and couldn't care less about us, LA County Fire Copter out possibly training taking water out of Live Oak Resivor, to bad they couldn't dump some on us since there is NO WATER STATIONS (my only complaint). Will be back

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for your review, mtPitpOHTdU9hL6JxvQs. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Marshall Canyon Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Time

We had a Great Time. Weather was not on our side but none the less it beat a day at work. Grounds were in fairly good condition considering how hot is has been of late. We were a 2some following a 5some good thing we brought our patience. Didnt use all the clubs in my bag but close to it. Looking forward to coming back. Thank you Marshall for a wonderful outing.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for your review from your outing. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Marshall Canyon Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Friendly staff

All around fast pace of play and very friendly staff. The greens are too soft and are holding water nevertheless fast greens hard to read. Thanks to the starter that found my range finder thank you very much.

Commented on 09/10/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We appreciate your kind words and will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Marshall Canyon Golf Club!

Water

My main concern with this course is how they do not have water throughout the course. I brought my own thing of water but once I drank it, there was no where to fill it up except the clubhouse. When it comes to the course it is pretty decent fairway sizes. About 3 to 4 hard doglegs. Greens are hard to judge and wet most the time in the morning. Most challenging greens course for me. Shot a 96 and had a ton of 3 puts. Overall pretty good course.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Marshall Canyon Golf Club.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello, Quaydog. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

La Verne, California