2.3

Lyndon Golf Course
Men 68 4692 yards
Ladies 70 4692 yards
Scorecard for Lyndon
Mens M: 61.0/106 280 290 300 225 275 180 315 115 210 2190 225 255 250 150 360 415 370 385 195 2605 4795
Ladies W: 63.0/109 280 290 300 225 275 180 315 115 210 2190 225 255 250 150 360 415 370 385 195 2605 4795

Year Built 1920
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass

9-Hole Rounds 2
Pace of Play Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Lyndon Golf Course on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking to improve and would welcome any feedback.

Great Course with Challenging Greens

We found this course to be delightful. It was in beautiful condition and the weather was great. At first glance, the course seemed to be easy but it certainly was not. Putting was very difficult (for us anyway) as the greens seemed to have subtle variations that we weren't able to see. We learned a little about reading greens that day.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Average

Meh

I was excited about playing this course because looking at it from the road and being new to the area it looked like a nice short course for a quick walk of 18. It was quick (no one in front of me until hole 11 ... then I had 3-4 holes before the threesome let me play through so that slowed me down a bit). Unfortunately, about half the course was not yet mowed even in the fairways (for a holiday weekend none the less). There were a TON of dandelions which made it difficult to find balls in the unmowed fairways or rough. They were in the process of mowing some holes (again ... holiday weekend) so you had to contend with mowers on holes ... and I am not kidding, I had to actually wait for a mower to finish mowing a green because he didn't see me standing over my ball in the fairway so he started mowing the green about 20 yards right in front of me and I had to wait until he was done. Maybe I will give this course another chance ... but it will probably be after I try out the other courses in the area because it was not an enjoyable round because of the condition of the course.
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Fair
Response from Lyndon Golf Course on 05/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lyndon Golf Course, in the Fayetteville, NY area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.
u402726758
Commented On 06/07/2018
Mr. Myers, Thank you for visiting Lyndon and we are sorry you got caught up in the dandelion explosion brought on by the warm weather, we are currently spraying to control the dandelion growth going forward. Hopefully when you come back we will show great improvement. We will also speak with our new staff mowing greens about good etiquette and keeping out of the way!
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Poor
u402726758
Commented On 09/27/2017
Mr. Roman, Sorry you did not enjoy your visit to Lyndon. Unfortunately you did play on the heels of our aeration process and the greens are recovering but that does take some time. Once heeled we have some of the best greens in the area and certainly the best in our price range. Hope you will try us again and upgrade your review! - Lyndon GC

Great for a tune up

Course is in great condition. Greens are smooth and pretty fast. Fairways could be mowed a little shorter, but not bad overall. This is a great course to work on your game and super value for the money. Staff are always friendly. Never very crowded so the pace of play is great. I'll be back again to practice more.
Course Conditions Excellent

Nice

Very nice course. Well maintained and very friendly staff. Wasn't overly difficult, but plenty enough for beginners, which some in my group were. Was on vacation, and would definitely play here again.
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Always a good round of golf

You can't go wrong by playing at Lyndon. Open layout allows even the worst slicers, hackers or drawers to have some fun. The greens are really nice and fairways are good. The tee boxes could use a little attention.
Course Conditions Good
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Average
Response from Lyndon Golf Course on 08/22/2017:
Hello Steve, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lyndon Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a smooth round and that you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for golfing our course, in the Western New York area, and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019