Type Public/Resort

The Sandals Emerald Bay Golf Course offers a championship course that provides plenty of challenge in addition to scenic ocean vistas. Designed by Greg Norman, the golf course features numerous bunkers that are strategically situated around the greens and the dramatic fairways that snake through seaside dunes. The golf course has six signature holes, which all skirt the edge of the scenic Emerald Bay peninsula. While the Sandals Emerald Bay Golf Course's back nine has more scenic views, the first nine offers an interesting variation of holes that feature marshes, lakes, and rock outcroppings. Due to its oceanfront location, wind is a definite factor on the course.
Formerly known as Sandals Emerald Reef Golf Club and Four Seasons Golf Club Great Exuma at Emerald Bay.

Year Built 2003
Architect Greg Norman (2003) Tad Burnett

Carts Yes - $35

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No

A Gem

My wife and I went to Sandals for vacation and I played four rounds in the afternoon. Had the course to myself almost every time.
The conditions are superb, I can't say enough great things about it.

The front 9 is inland while the back 9 has six holes along the ocean and it was stunning! Take time to watch and listen to the waves crash up against the rocks.

This course is by far the best and most favorite I've ever been to. Even though I lost many balls to the sea.

Staying at the resort gave us unlimited green fees aside from the $35 cart that you must purchase.

Favorite Course I've Ever Played

I've gotten to play a few PGA courses (public and one private) that have hosted yearly PGA tournaments and majors, but this is my favorite course I've ever played. It's extremely rare to be able to play 6 holes in a row directly on the ocean, like close enough to the ocean that you can toss your ball off right into the waves from each hole. These are hands down the most breathtaking views you will ever see on a golf course.

This course was actually one of the main reasons we chose this Sandals location. It was actually great value considering it was an added bonus to a resort that is fairly expensive whether you will play golf or not while there. It only cost $50 per round total for both my wife and I to play. I could easily see this course costing $300 to $500 per person per round if it were in the U.S. being oceanfront.

The 6 holes along the ocean actually looked even better in real life than the pictures show, they were breathtaking and almost worth the trip in itself. My favorite hole was #14, the short Par 4 on the tip of the peninsula, you feel like you're at the edge of the world when you approach the green. The front 9 is also fun to play with some great holes as well.

The first time we played we literally felt like the only ones on the course. We played fast through the front 9, and then spent a lot of time taking photos while playing the ocean holes on the back 9.

The course conditions might not be quite as "immaculate" as some of those other PGA courses, but it is in really great shape especially for where its location is, definitely still tournament worthy conditions (they do host a Web.com tour event).

I even ran to grab a pizza and more beets to go after 9 and they were fine with it. The second time we played there were a couple groups in front of us but the pace of play was still good. They give you beer/water with ice in the cart’s cooler, just make sure to ask them. We also stopped at the turn to get more.

We hope to return again in a few years!

The most beautiful hole I've ever played

I stayed at the Sandals resort from Dec. 8 - Dec. 17 playing this course on back-to-back days. This being the 200th different course I've played it ranks as the third best in my official list of courses just behind Torrey Pines South and Wolf Creek.
Like mentioned before, the front nine is much different than the back nine is difficulty and scenery. Don't get me wrong, the front is every bit as enjoyable to play but without the views. However, it is very stunning on the front as well in it's own special way.
The back nine is picture taking central. The most incredible views that I have ever seen. The ocean waters of the Exuma islands are hard to put into words. Hole 13 has to be the most breathtaking one I've ever played.
As for the course itself, it is very challenging but lucky for me I had very little wind on both days I played it. The greens are large and receptive and the fairways are pretty generous too. I absolutely loved this place from start to finish. With an uncapped amount of beverages they give you at the starters area, the beverage cart was not needed.

Five star views

I debated long and hard if this course has what it takes to earn five stars. It's close but the lack of playability holds it back a bit. It's one of the toughest resort courses I've ever played, a typical Greg Norman ball-buster. If you play it losing less than four balls - especially in the three club wind we experienced - you've had the round of a lifetime. The front nine disappears into the mangroves. It's loaded with water. I would love the 291-yard fourth hole if it had a bit more room to land safely. I pumped two into the marshy lake on the left and moved on. The back nine is an entirely different experience. It's wet and wild with the wind picking up as you head out onto exposed land jutting into the sea. The short 11th and 13th holes are simply magical par 3s. Both my playing partner and I let out a 'wow' when we turned the corner and saw the par-4 12th hole, where waves crash on the rocks up to the left side. The 14th starts with an interesting blind tee shot on a risk-reward 303-yard par 4. The par-5 15th and par-4 16th are both downwind but treacherous. What a visual experience - if you don't run out of balls first.

Nice course but not amazing...

Played this course 3 times with a friend of mine. We stayed at Sandals Emerald Bay for the week. Course is nice and good condition. Front nine was a bit boring with straight away fairways and nothing appealing to the eye. The back nine had holes along the ocean and a bit more challenging than the front. It's almost as if they are letting this course go down hill. I expected to be blown away and wasn't at all. Would I play it again? Sure cause I love golf! Can I wait to go back? Let just say I'm in no rush...

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020