Amelia River Golf Club is located on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville and within minutes of the historic town of Fernandina Beach. Renowned as one of the best-conditioned courses in the area with incredibly smooth greens, sculpted around a forest of majestic Live Oaks, Sable Palms, Pines and Wax Myrtles.

This par 72 track, designed by Tom Jackson, plays to a yardage of 6,823 from the back tees. It's pristine condition features well manicured rolling fairways, smooth bunkers and greens that challenge all skill levels. This course is unique in character and is a treat to play.

Amelia River consists of 18 holes of challenging golf where ball control and accuracy are keys to a great game. The fairways are wide and open, giving the golfer a sense of a traditional Scottish links course on some holes and a narrow tree lined experience on others. The 13th hole is a good example of the course’s challenges. This long par five runs along the border of the Fernandina Beach Airport and is a strategic three shot hole. Too long and left at lay up and you will have to deal with a water hazard. The wind can play havoc with this hole as it reminds one of an open links style design. In contrast #9 is a tree lined par four with very little room for error and includes a forced carry over Alligator Creek.

The signature 17th hole is a par three surrounded by water demanding an accurate shot to the island green which closely resembles another very famous golf hole in our area! The final hole ends at the edge of the Amelia River and its expansive tidal marsh.

Amelia River Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (2000)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover welcomed
Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops, halter tops and t-shirts are not permitted.

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse

First Timer

Great value! Excellent greens. I used flyover view on my phone as scorecard is Spartan at best. Course is excellent with strategically placed bunkers and water. Challenging but enjoyable. Friendly staff. I was impressed by the respect shown to me by the teens on the course who allowed me to play through. Nice driving range! I’ll be back!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi EcthAJqYt45gpkGGHspi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Amelia River Golf Club!

Great course for the price!

Played this course with 3 buddies for the first time and had an overall great experience. Staff were very kind and the course was in great shape, lots of roll on fairways and greens unlike my local courses currently which required a little adjusting but overall a really cool format playing right against the airport, especially on #1, #5, and #13

Commented on 08/03/2020

kevinasbell13, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi hilmerkb. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (904) 491-8500 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Amelia River Golf Club!

Plays Twice a year

Above average

Course is good but not the greatest. Not the best value you can find but pretty decent. Would play again.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi u386850325. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Amelia River Golf Club.

Bang for the buck

By booking on golf now the value was fair however as a walk up the course is over priced.

Commented on 07/28/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Amelia River Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for your review, u6022892. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Amelia River Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hi johnseubert. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Amelia River Golf Club!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hi alantlee. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club.

Love this course

Play this course every year on vacation. It's a fun course and good value.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hi jchrismiller. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Amelia River Golf Club!

Great, BUT

Love this course, but a member and 3 of his buds were in front of us from hole 11 onward. There were 3 holes open in front of them and we were a twosome. They would not let us through and they played as if they had a $10 Nassau working. We never said or acted as if we were bothered, but they acted as if they were the only ones on the course. They were deliberate, ignorant of golf etiquette, and even within a foot of the hole, they marked their ball, then putted out after the others putted. There was also 2 groups in back of us stacked up, all due to the discourteous golfers in front of us. Please tell your members to be aware of their place and the backups they cause.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Hello, nbkdc68. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Amelia River Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/20/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, koogan. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Anonymous
Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for the five star rating!

Anonymous
Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for the five star rating!

Commented on 07/17/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, alantlee! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club!

Great course, at the wrong time

I have played this course many times over the years when we vacation on Amelia Island. It is consistently in excellent condition, and has a very friendly staff. The course is playable for the 'weekend warrior', as well as challenging for the single digit handicappers. I do want to caution someone who is a non- loca,l and wanting to play to be careful when scheduling their tee time. I played the front nine in approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, but the back nine was a different matter. Evidently every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings an elderly group calling themselves 'The Rat Pack', have a 9:30 regular tee time. I was trapped behind 5 foursomes playing at snail's pace. I highly recommend this course, but you should definitely acquire about their tee times before scheduling your round.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Thank you for your review, Brmcdawg. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Amelia River Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, alantlee. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, grape06! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club!

5 stars

Great course and friendly staff. There's been obvious improvement in the last few months based on previous reviews. A staffer mentioned a new super and he's doing a great job. 3 or 4th time playing here and I always enjoy it.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000007740977! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club!

Commented on 07/16/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, chrismiller21. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Awesome condition

Played two other local courses the past three days, and both were mediocre at best as far as shape. However, Amelia River was in awesome shape, and the greens were phenomenal. Would love to have seen them faster, but the greens were true and no bad spots anywhere. It was in best shape I have seen it and will play when back in town again. My son and I played it in 3 hours and started at 7:30 behind a couple groups!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u534950195! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Amelia River Golf Club!

Ferandina Beach, Florida