Amelia River Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops, halter tops and t-shirts are not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover welcomed

Neutral 72 5373 yards 65.9 103
Neutral (W) 72 5373 yards 71.0 123

Amelia River Golf Club is located on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville and within minutes of the historic town of Fernandina Beach. Renowned as one of the best-conditioned courses in the area with incredibly smooth greens, sculpted around a forest of majestic Live Oaks, Sable Palms, Pines and Wax Myrtles.

This par 72 track, designed by Tom Jackson, plays to a yardage of 6,823 from the back tees. It's pristine condition features well manicured rolling fairways, smooth bunkers and greens that challenge all skill levels. This course is unique in character and is a treat to play.

Amelia River consists of 18 holes of challenging golf where ball control and accuracy are keys to a great game. The fairways are wide and open, giving the golfer a sense of a traditional Scottish links course on some holes and a narrow tree lined experience on others. The 13th hole is a good example of the course’s challenges. This long par five runs along the border of the Fernandina Beach Airport and is a strategic three shot hole. Too long and left at lay up and you will have to deal with a water hazard. The wind can play havoc with this hole as it reminds one of an open links style design. In contrast #9 is a tree lined par four with very little room for error and includes a forced carry over Alligator Creek.

The signature 17th hole is a par three surrounded by water demanding an accurate shot to the island green which closely resembles another very famous golf hole in our area! The final hole ends at the edge of the Amelia River and its expansive tidal marsh.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near the airport   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

"Sanded and treated Greens, large punched fairways"

Skirby2015's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

The Staff very friendly and helpful. The greens were just treated, had very sandy conditions on top of green. Fairways were punched, with very large holes, golf ball would roll into the hole, and look like a fried egg.

Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 05/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Amelia River Golf Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Fernandina Beach, Florida area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"3.5 stars"

u254682092's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

This is probably a 3.5 Star review. They had just aerated the greens, but they still had A TON of sand on them. I play on aerated greens several times a year and have never seen anyone leave this much sand. We played at a discounted rate. If the greens were perfect I would not have been happy paying the full rate for this course. It is nice and has a good layout but it is not a $60-70 course. The fairways were good overall, but there were some tee boxes that needed work. Also, there is no grass on the range,had to hit off dirt. Also, just as a note, for a course named Amelia River, there isn’t a single hole on the river. You finally see the river after you finish 18. It should be named Fernandina Beach Airport Golf Course.

Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Amelia River Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Fernandina Beach, Florida area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Tight but good"

ReedJG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

I tend to drive it a bit crooked but I managed my way around with maybe 5 or 6 balls (found 4 or 5 while looking for mine). Greens were fast but the reads were not sneaky. Pretty good shape. Very playable for my wife who drives straight. Some forced carries which are what they are for shorter hitters. I’m an 11 and shot 82 even with my 8 or ten penalty shots so not a course where missing a green means instant double bogey. I enjoyed it.

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

This review is to let the public know that they will be aerating the greens May 8th to 11th 2018. The course will be closed. I do highly recommend this course once the greens make their way back from grooming.

"Helpful review"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Course is in great shape. Fairways are greening up . Greens are groomed and fairly quick. Course isn't overly challenging, but is a course worth playing. Driving range,golf cart and practice green are included in price.

"Nice track, quick greens."

derekbradley's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This is a fun course with quick greens. I saw a gator on 1 and 14, so that added a little interest. The course challenges with some risk taking opportunities, but you can think your way around it. For as fast as the greens were, they held pretty well if you spun the ball. I'd play here again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

"Over priced and under maintained!"

Raydon23's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

This is a great layout and if/when they get the course in better shape I highly recommend it. I walked in as a single and paid the going rate of $84. The staff was very friendly and got me in right away. Good practice range. The greens were in good shape and fast and true. The fairways are filled with crab grass. For the price I feel a little ripped off. I will look to play it again the next time on Amelia Island but I will definitely check out the reviews first to see if it got any better.

Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello Raydon, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at Amelia River Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Fast greens....no logo balls but-"

Joseph2598298's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Course is definitely worth playing. Greens very fast....interesting layout with a few challenging holes. No hole layout on scorecard or at tee boxes so local knowledge or gps with imaging is a must....many hazards not viewable until it's toooo late....so bring your gps. NO logo ball available for sale but pro shop staff agreed to contact me when their next shipment arrives.

"Very enjoyable first visit."

Greg8315056's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Very pretty and challenging course. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Got a decent rate for a single player and really liked this place; from the lovely drive into the club, to the course itself.

Looking forward to playing here again next year.

"Course needs a little tender loving care"

Marmitage1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyable day on a beautiful layout

The course staff and especially the dining room staff afterwards were excellent and our lunch was delicious.

On the course the greens were in good shape with reasonable pace but the fairways and tee boxes are in need of some work

Very uneven grass growth and seems to have been unmowed for a few days

"Beautiful Course. Great greens."

u208920858's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Greens rolled as smooth as Michael Jackson's moon walk. Course is challenging and well maintained. Defiantly worth a play. No cart girl. Amenities are lacking but that's the only flaw here.

"Not Worth the Price of Admission"

robertjohnson12737's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I've always enjoyed this course and looked forward to the drive from Jacksonville. What a change a few months make. Fairways COVERED with crabgrass, bare edges around the greens and the greens look worse than I've ever seen them. It's unfortunate but it appears that the better days for Amelia River DO NOT lie ahead.

Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello Robert, thank you for reviewing our course, Amelia River Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Fernandina Beach, Florida area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Great Round"

tommcloone's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

Great course, with a great staff. The greens were very fast and a little slippery! Pace of put is probably more important than the line... Watch out for 3 puts!!!

I will be back next time I am in town!

"Don't Play"

Medinvestigator's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course is very poorly maintained. the greens are the only good thing there. play there if you want a 6 hour round.

Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Good course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

The winter took its toll on the fairways,but they're coming back. The greens are in great shape.the play is steady. Overall the best course in the area.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

"Nice track. Friendly prople"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

This is a nice public course with good amenities. Everyone on the staff is very friendly and helpful. The pace of play was excellent with no one pushing us and o one holding us up. My only nit pick is that the tees are in poor condition. The course is well maintained with sand in the divots and ,ball marks repaired on the greens—a testament to those who play here and to the greens crew.

"Very nice course"

charlienorton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

Played on a very blustery day which made scoring very hard. But i had a fine experience. White tees made the length manageable for this 20 handicapper, and the free layout map was very helpful. Greens very fast and putts rolled smoothly and true. Good value with Hot Deal.

"Love the course layout"

mmbell11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Greens were in great shape but the fairways were bare and several tee boxes were in poor shape. I love this course because there are no homes around it and it is pretty challenging, but I remember it being in much better condition.