Staff Friendliness

Amelia River Golf Club is located on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville and within minutes of the historic town of Fernandina Beach. Renowned as one of the best-conditioned courses in the area with incredibly smooth greens, sculpted around a forest of majestic Live Oaks, Sable Palms, Pines and Wax Myrtles. This par 72 track, designed by Tom Jackson, plays to a yardage of 6,823 from the back tees. It's pristine condition features well manicured rolling fairways, smooth bunkers and greens that challenge all skill levels. This course is unique in character and is a treat to play. Amelia River consists of 18 holes of challenging golf where ball control and accuracy are keys to a great game. The fairways are wide and open, giving the golfer a sense of a traditional Scottish links course on some holes and a narrow tree lined experience on others. The 13th hole is a good example of the course’s challenges. This long par five runs along the border of the Fernandina Beach Airport and is a strategic three shot hole. Too long and left at lay up and you will have to deal with a water hazard. The wind can play havoc with this hole as it reminds one of an open links style design. In contrast #9 is a tree lined par four with very little room for error and includes a forced carry over Alligator Creek. The signature 17th hole is a par three surrounded by water demanding an accurate shot to the island green which closely resembles another very famous golf hole in our area! The final hole ends at the edge of the Amelia River and its expansive tidal marsh.
Amelia River Golf Club
Neutral 72 5373 yards 65.9 103
Neutral (W) 72 5373 yards 71.0 123
Scorecard for Amelia River Golf Club
Black M: 74.0/139 551 371 385 206 557 382 218 396 420 3486 366 384 178 587 360 356 431 164 548 3374 6860
Blue M: 71.6/136 521 337 372 176 521 356 190 363 389 3225 339 357 160 538 338 325 407 147 513 3124 6349
Blue/White M: 70.4/131 521 337 333 151 489 356 164 363 373 3087 339 357 160 493 338 325 383 122 478 2995 6082
White M: 69.4/127 469 312 333 151 489 337 164 343 373 2971 327 333 135 493 321 309 383 122 478 2901 5872
White/Gold M: 67.9/122 428 312 333 119 489 301 134 343 340 2799 327 296 120 456 321 309 383 98 437 2747 5546
Gold M: 66.7/118 W: 71.7/129 428 276 296 119 456 301 134 309 340 2659 311 296 120 456 280 282 351 98 437 2631 5290
Green M: 64.1/113 W: 68.4/117 390 253 266 94 436 264 103 284 274 2364 242 259 85 440 266 251 326 75 398 2342 4706

Year Built 2000
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (2000)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover welcomed
Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops, halter tops and t-shirts are not permitted.

Awesome value!

I booked this course through Golf Now one day ahead. The course is in great shape and the staff from bag drop off to bartenders are wonderful! I will definitely be back! In fact, I’m going back tomorrow!

Fantastic

The course was in excellent shape! Enjoyed our round. Greens were excellent! We recommend this course!
Georgia Advisor

Fun Course - Pro Shop staff NOT friendly at all

This was my first time playing this course. The course is in average shape. Not great and not bad. The pro-shop staff was not too helpful. I asked for a cooler to use with water and gator aid which I purchased they told me they did not have coolers. This is the only course in the area I know of which does NOT have a cooler either on the cart or to use. This is Florida and it is summer time. Every one needs cold drinks and refreshment for a 4hr round of golf in the sun. I liked the course and would play it again, but I would bring my own drinks and cooler. There was not a beverage cart out on the course. There was no on-course beverage cart service. For the price I paid, there should be access to drinks and snacks on the course. There are free range balls to hit, but the range was in rough shape (little grass and divots EVERYWHERE). Hardly a smooth surface anywhere to hit from.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Amelia River Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Amelia River Golf Club and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the amenities. We appreciate your feedback as we work towards necessary improvements, and we hope to see you out here again sometime soon.

Awesome Place

This course is top notch, one of my favorite courses I have ever played.
Pace of Play Good

Good Course....

This was a tournament that I played in and had a great time and the course conditions were really good. Greens were superb and true and layout was a challenge if playing from the back tees. My only draw back was the head pro. He had ZERO customer service skills, never said hello or smiled and was bothered that he had to man the grill and the pro shop. He doesn’t look or act like a head pro even with a big thing of tobacco in his cheek...find a new profession sir because you are not what a golf professional resembles.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Average

Fair with some quirks

I enjoyed playing the course. The staff were especially helpful in walking me thru the course book and highlighting hazards that aren’t visible from the fairway. The greens rolled true and were moderately quick. The 1st green had a swell, closer to a gully, running down the middle. My approach on the par 5 landed on the opposite side of this feature from the hole and it made it impossible to roll any sort of true putt. Enjoyed a nice late lunch at the ample grill. Waitstaff first rate.
Course Layout Good

Great course with wonderful staff

Course was fun to play and in great condition. Free range balls and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Pace of play a little slow, but worth playing. Definitely would recommend to all.
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Excellent

The course is in great shape right now. And the staff was extremely friendly. There were three golfers in my group, ranging from a bogey golfer to a guy who shot 120. But we all had a great time and enjoyed the course very much. I would definitely play it again and recommend it to a friend. I gave 4 out of 5 stars because there was no on-course beverage cart service. Personally, I feel that for the price point, there should be access to drinks and snacks on the course. For $70+, one can reasonable expect certain amenities.

Great course for the Money

Great little course and extremely friendly staff. Well kept and just tricky and tight enough for you to think about how to score. Greens held approach shots well and putted medium speed. Most tee shots made you think about what you wanted to do, but open enough you could make a mistake. Take out your 1 iron a few times but enough holes to let the big dog eat. Cant wait to come back

Loved this course

From the time we pulled in to play until the time we left. I feel in love with this facility. The staff was extremely helpful to get me and my group off to a good start. The course was not packed so we were able to start about 10 minutes earlier than our scheduled tee time. Fairways were absolutely beautiful, and even though the greens had been aerated a few weeks prior, we found the greens to be very good shape. Hole 14 and 17 were my favorites. The only down side was not cart service but we were able to get refreshments at the turn. I look forward to coming back to this course. Its to bad I live 1 1/2 hours away.
Value for the Money Good

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
Amelia Island, Florida