Kirriemuir Golf Club

Type Private
Kirriemuir Golf Club, designed by James Braid, lies in the heart of Scotland's golfing country, 18 miles from Carnoustie and 35 miles from St. Andrews. No fewer than eight Open final qualifying golf courses are within a 45-minute drive. Avenues of woods, gorse and broom surround lush, undulating fairways with greens that are impeccable and true. The views are inspiring, particularly from the fourth hole, with Lochnagar in the distance. Like many of the great golf courses, Kirriemuir's best is reserved for the finish. The 17th, named Braid's Gem, is a 180-yard par-3 hole, with the green guarded by two majestic trees both left and right. No. 18 is a difficult par 4, uphill with a large oak tree blocking the right half of the fairway. The par-68 heathland/parkland layout measures 5,518 yards from the back tees.
Kirriemuir Golf Club
White 68 5518 yards
Red 72 5436 yards
Yellow 68 5223 yards
Scorecard for Kirriemuir Golf Club
White M: 66.0/113 W: 70.0/118 373 147 414 335 277 384 301 154 360 2745 330 325 388 391 352 285 119 195 388 2773 5518
Red W: 69.0/117 370 142 411 331 272 380 298 122 348 2674 328 321 384 386 345 280 114 189 385 2732 5406
Yellow M: 63.0/110 W: 67.0/115 360 129 399 310 266 360 284 112 342 2562 322 315 378 367 336 277 106 180 380 2661 5223

Year Built 1903
Architect James Braid

Driving Range Yes - practice nets

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro

A hidden gem

This is a wonderful course to play. It is fairly short but with the undulating fairways and tricky greens it is by no means a pushover. You really have to play here a couple of times to know where to position yourself to avoid a disaster!!! It was in fantastic condition when we played, greens were fast, fairways were lush but some areas had tight lies, which made for very careful chipping. The staff were fabulous. From the secretary, pro shop attendants, restaurant staff and the “members” we met you will not find a friendlier golf club anywhere. All in all we had a great day and would recommend anyone to play there.

The course was in a great condition all 4 enjoyed the round and would definitely play the course again. Clubhouse very welcoming and all staff were very helpful.

Brilliant Day

Me and my friend had an amazing day on this course.Fourball in front of us let us play threw which was kind of them.Starter in the promshop was very helpful and friendly also staff in clubhouse were brilliant and food was superb.Would highly recommend this course and will definitely be returning very soon.

So slow......

Slowest round I have ever played, took 2:50 to play front 9, 4 ball Infront, who I was behind from 2nd hole, never offered to let me through for whole round, it was slow Infront of them but as a single I could have passed them and others in no time.

It's a shame as the course is great, well maintained, superb greens and tee boxes, it's short but challenging, just a shame it's spoiled my day, as I'm on holiday in the area and planned a few rounds but I will go elsewhere, can't understand members not allowing people past, it takes minutes.

Great day

Beautiful greens , course very tidy

Just a great day, staff excellent in clubhouse

Great value for money

Kirrie review

Course is in amazing condition. Best greens by far in the area and well kept fairways. Friendly welcome and helpful members .will definitely be back

Lovely course

Was recommended to play this course by a friend and so glad I did! Excellent course, fairways and greens very good. The staff in the clubhouse were excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend anyone to play this gem. The scenery was an added bonus - just beautiful.

Well worth a visit

Played the course with my wife and we both loved it. This was my second visit, having played a recent Scramble on Kirriemuir. The course was in very good condition with excellent greens. There are some interesting holes. Not a long course but it requires thought to play it. I would definitely play it again (and again . . .)

We always enjoy our golf at Kirriemuir. Not a long course, but in excellent condition and testing, with every hole different and the greens tricky and fairly fast. A warm welcome in the pro's shop and great food in the Clubhouse. We'll be back!

Winter golf

It was just good to get out for a swing and to be honest we expected winter tees and greens,the. course was pretty wet in places and some holes were reduced significantly in distance.My friend and I have played here a few times in much better conditions and it is a lovely track with a welcoming clubhouse and friendly people,we will be back.

James Braid does his thing.

Everything was fine, from value to weather to course conditions to staff friendliness. Just one oddity. We were a 2-ball. At the 8th., out-of-the-blue, a 3-ball appeared, delaying us all the way up the 9th. As they drove off the 10th., avoiding our gaze, my wife asked if they would let us through. No. Were they members? Should we (not) have asked? The response was a not nice surprise.

Golf at Kirriemuir Club

Lovely parkland course in excellent condition,with wonderful open countryside views.

Kirriemuir

Enjoyed a great Sunday afternoon playing 18 holes with my wife. The course was in great condition and even the weather was wonderful. Made for a superb round in great company. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming.

Interesting!

Lovely settings. Very friendly staff. Pleasant clubhouse.

Course in great condition but way to many blind t-shots. Trees overhanging greens. One hole couldn't get a shot at the green from a good fairway drive..as blocked by tree's. Tree's in middle of fairway....greens ok. Lots of clover bit claggy....

Pleasant to play. Take extra gowf balls....needs better fairway markers for distance and a few more next hole markers for new golfers to the course.

But all in all good value

Plays Once a year

This course has a great layout

A really well laid out course with options to play either the front or back nine, if time is at a premium.

The course is in great condition & the greens are awesome! :)

Great condition course

A very enjoyable round of golf played at our own pace due to course being fairly quiet. Course in great condition, a credit to the green keepers.

Forfar, Angus