Type Private
Style Parkland

Kirriemuir Golf Club, designed by James Braid, lies in the heart of Scotland's golfing country, 18 miles from Carnoustie and 35 miles from St. Andrews. No fewer than eight Open final qualifying golf courses are within a 45-minute drive.
Avenues of woods, gorse and broom surround lush, undulating fairways with greens that are impeccable and true. The views are inspiring, particularly from the fourth hole, with Lochnagar in the distance.

Like many of the great golf courses, Kirriemuir's best is reserved for the finish. The 17th, named Braid's Gem, is a 180-yard par-3 hole, with the green guarded by two majestic trees both left and right. No. 18 is a difficult par 4, uphill with a large oak tree blocking the right half of the fairway.
The par-68 heathland/parkland layout measures 5,518 yards from the back tees.

Kirriemuir Golf Club

Year Built 1903
Architect James Braid (1924)

Carts Yes - £22

Driving Range Yes - practice nets

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro

Warm welcome good explanation we are visitors from Holland

Plays Twice a year

Good scenery, lots of trees and tightish

Course was in great condition, greens very testing.

Scenic gem.

Nice scenic course with an excellent variety of holes.
Excellent greens and fairways good pace of play.
Back nine more challenging with the last few holes being excellent ending holes.
Excellent friendly staff and members .
Would recommend to friends and family.

A gem in the Glens

You can find some very good and affordable courses away from the high profile candidates in this part of the world. Kirriemuir fits the bill perfectly. May not be the longest but with a thoughtful layout gave me some pleasure on an afternoon while visiting the area.
Would recommend to all lovers of the game to try and you will be pleased you stopped by.

Tricky short course

First time playing this course. Some tough blind tee shots so it's good to look at the website and read the hole by hole explanation. Back 9 is definetely trickier than the front. Overall definitely play this again now I know how to plot my way around. If your a big hitter I'd leave your driver at home as 3 woods and irons are easily enough off the tee. Greens have a lot of movement so good for putting practice!

A hidden gem

This is a wonderful course to play. It is fairly short but with the undulating fairways and tricky greens it is by no means a pushover. You really have to play here a couple of times to know where to position yourself to avoid a disaster!!! It was in fantastic condition when we played, greens were fast, fairways were lush but some areas had tight lies, which made for very careful chipping. The staff were fabulous. From the secretary, pro shop attendants, restaurant staff and the “members” we met you will not find a friendlier golf club anywhere. All in all we had a great day and would recommend anyone to play there.

The course was in a great condition all 4 enjoyed the round and would definitely play the course again. Clubhouse very welcoming and all staff were very helpful.

Brilliant Day

Me and my friend had an amazing day on this course.Fourball in front of us let us play threw which was kind of them.Starter in the promshop was very helpful and friendly also staff in clubhouse were brilliant and food was superb.Would highly recommend this course and will definitely be returning very soon.

So slow......

Slowest round I have ever played, took 2:50 to play front 9, 4 ball Infront, who I was behind from 2nd hole, never offered to let me through for whole round, it was slow Infront of them but as a single I could have passed them and others in no time.

It's a shame as the course is great, well maintained, superb greens and tee boxes, it's short but challenging, just a shame it's spoiled my day, as I'm on holiday in the area and planned a few rounds but I will go elsewhere, can't understand members not allowing people past, it takes minutes.

Great day

Beautiful greens , course very tidy
Just a great day, staff excellent in clubhouse
Great value for money

Kirrie review

Course is in amazing condition. Best greens by far in the area and well kept fairways. Friendly welcome and helpful members .will definitely be back

Lovely course

Was recommended to play this course by a friend and so glad I did! Excellent course, fairways and greens very good. The staff in the clubhouse were excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend anyone to play this gem. The scenery was an added bonus - just beautiful.

Well worth a visit

Played the course with my wife and we both loved it. This was my second visit, having played a recent Scramble on Kirriemuir. The course was in very good condition with excellent greens. There are some interesting holes. Not a long course but it requires thought to play it. I would definitely play it again (and again . . .)

We always enjoy our golf at Kirriemuir. Not a long course, but in excellent condition and testing, with every hole different and the greens tricky and fairly fast. A warm welcome in the pro's shop and great food in the Clubhouse. We'll be back!

Winter golf

It was just good to get out for a swing and to be honest we expected winter tees and greens,the. course was pretty wet in places and some holes were reduced significantly in distance.My friend and I have played here a few times in much better conditions and it is a lovely track with a welcoming clubhouse and friendly people,we will be back.

James Braid does his thing.

Everything was fine, from value to weather to course conditions to staff friendliness. Just one oddity. We were a 2-ball. At the 8th., out-of-the-blue, a 3-ball appeared, delaying us all the way up the 9th. As they drove off the 10th., avoiding our gaze, my wife asked if they would let us through. No. Were they members? Should we (not) have asked? The response was a not nice surprise.

Golf at Kirriemuir Club

Lovely parkland course in excellent condition,with wonderful open countryside views.

Kirriemuir

Enjoyed a great Sunday afternoon playing 18 holes with my wife. The course was in great condition and even the weather was wonderful. Made for a superb round in great company. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.