Type Municipal
Arrowhead Pointe Golf Course At Richard B. Russell

Year Built 2004
Architect Robert Walker (2004)

Walking Allowed No walking on Friday, Saturday, Sunday/Holidays until after 1:00 p.m.

Very scenic!

This is a beautiful golf course. The layout is great but they should put in a little more time into maintenance.

Great Course, and Exceedingly Rude Golf Pro

I was glad to see the courses is in much better shape. Earlier this spring the course was in rough shape especially the greens. Now the greens are in much better shape but, they are slow which is normal for this course. We had a group of three golfers and we showed up a little early. We checked in with a golf pro and asked him if he would want us to wait or to go ahead and start playing. He informed us that he wanted us to wait and asked if we could move our bags from the front two carts to the third row of carts because there are groups of head of us that needed those carts. So we did as he asked. We practice on the putting greens and bought beers water and some accessories from the golf shop. Then the group ahead of us showed up. They started to talk with us and they asked how many we had in our group. We informed them that we had three and we asked how many they had. They said they had a group of five and for us to go ahead and go, so know one would be waiting. We thanked them and we went to go tell the golf pro just so he was informed. The golf pro then said " I will not let golfers from golf now come in early and expect to go ahead of golfers that actually paid full price." I completely understand with the rules but, it's not like we asked to go ahead of them, they (the group of 5) insisted on us going first because it made sense. The golf pro was very very rude and would not let us go first. So the group of five said we will tee off first and we will let you all play through on #2. My point is the golf pro clearly doesn't like golf now customers, even though we bought many items from his shop, he is exceedingly rude and has horrible customer service skills. Since he has came to this course the course has started to decline a little. As for all the other workers at Arrowhead they are amazing and a joy to talk with.

Wonderful, but challenging course!

This course is hidden away in the N.E. Ga area on a beautiful lake. The course is beautifully maintained and will challenge your game. Altitude variations, doglegs, and water will have you using every club in your bag. The back nine are mostly on the water giving you great views of the lake which borders the course.

Great Track

We had to drive for 1 1/2 hrs to get there but WELL WORTH the drive. One of our favorite courses in the state of Ga. Only postive comments no negatives. TRULY a gem of a course.

Great Course, Very friendly staff, but SLOW play

Staff here is always very friendly and the course in very good shape except a few bunkers. Problem today was extremely slow play. I drove just under 2 hours to play this course today and they had a tournament that drastically slowed play. The group in front of us turned around on no. 6 and went in. I would have done the same if I wasn’t almost most 2 hours away. I wish I would have known there was a tournament, I would have played another day.

Can’t miss course

Great course and layout. Always in great shape and never very crowded.

Hidden Gem

Played on hot afternoon with no waiting or anything like that. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the course. By the layout book if it’s your first time. Several blind shots to greens and hidden hazards. The greens were a little burnt but it’s been in the high 90’s for a couple weeks so that’s why. It’s worth the ride and I’ll be back. Next time I’ll spend the weekend there and play some courses close by as well.

Course was in great shape, but needs a ranger to speed up pace of play, we waited 7-10 min. on every hole due to slow play by the foursome in front of us. temperature was HOT mid 90's so that part wasn't to pleasant. Food service
in pro shop was under staffed which made for a long wait with only a few customers in food service area.

Very picturesque golf course

Great golf course with a beautiful landscape of land and water. Some very interesting holes.

Great course, greens were not the best

I love this course, it’s one of my favorites in the area but my only Qualm arrow head point is the greens are always slow. There were some bare spots on the green today and they look like they had aerated a few weeks ago which I don’t have a problem with that and the value for the money is great. If they would just improve the greens and when they have Good grass on the greens they just need to speed them up. It would be definitely one of the best courses all around in the area. The layout is Awesome the views are awesome and I always enjoy my time there, just get the greens rolling !!!

Gem

Love the course! Conditions have deteriorated significantly over the years. Used to be top notch. Tees without grass, greens dying, and with that said, great value. Just wish it was better maintained.

Worth the drive

This course is an enjoyable experience. The front nine is played through mostly wooded and slightly rolling terrain. The back nine leads away from the woods and beginning with the 12th hole, you are become more exposed to the open air and winds as the course works it’s way out onto a peninsula in the lake. The 14th hole and 15th hole are played along a narrow peninsula and offer long panoramic views of the lake and will cause you to take a moment to admire them. The long lake views will also bring along a rush of wind, as the air flow has a long unobstructed run before crashing into the shoreline of the exposed peninsula.

The course is well off the beaten path, so unless there is an event or unusual circumstance, the amount of play will be light. Pace of play is only limited by your own ability to hit it straight as well as the kindness and etiquette of the unfortunate foursomes who struggle with finding errant tee shots in the densely wooded areas and tall grasses.

Magnificent NE Georgia Jewel

It this State Park course was easier to get to, it would be packed with players. As with most state park courses, the bunkers are rough(stones), but otherwise, this is a jewel. Beautiful, challenging, elevation changes, windy, large greens.

MAKE AN EFFORT TO PLAY HERE..

Elberton, Georgia