A view of a green surrounded by bunkers and the clubhouse in background from Arrowhead Pointe At Lake Richard B. Russell.

Type Municipal
Arrowhead Pointe Golf Course At Richard B. Russell

Year Built 2004
Architect Robert Walker (2004)

Walking Allowed No walking on Friday, Saturday, Sunday/Holidays until after 1:00 p.m.

Excellent

This course is my favorite layout. I’m a low handicap and have to hit every club in my bag here which is not normal for me. Beautiful course and always in good shape.

Arrowhead

The views are beautiful and the course is in great shape

Nice Course To Be State Managed

Nice course...would have been a little better round had it not rained the night before. But we still had fun. The jewel of this course is the cart paths. Segmented concrete with minimal defects. Smooth ride from hole to hole. Pro shop staff and the starter were top notch. The folks in the cafe, that's a little different story. They were almost apathetic to the requests of guest. Several food items or toppings weren't available and this wasn't disclosed until after the order was paid for. Nice views of various parts of Lake Russell. Will definitely try to get back down there and play when the weather cooperates a little better. I'll just plan on bringing stuff to eat on the course instead of utilizing their cafe.

Great golf course and great value for the money!!!

Upkeep

Only thing I can think to critique would be the fairways and greens, dark green and looking great, but they could stand to be mowed. Some places we couldn’t tell what was fairway and what wasn’t.

Truly one of the best courses for the money you can play.Friendly staff and the course is always in great shape.No houses and great views of the lake make it a go to for me when I’m willing to make the drive.Do yourself a favor and set up a tee time,you won’t be disappointed.

beautiful

this course is a beautiful experience in the wilderness. It is so peaceful and quiet here. All the front is in or near the forest. the back nine is around the very serene lake (we saw one boat only). The greens are very hard to read and on a couple of holes the forward tees have a bad angle, but generally it is a good challenging course. and it was in great shape.

One of the best around

Great condition especially this time of year, excellent layout that makes you play smarter not harder but does have the risk and rewards!!

Very scenic!

This is a beautiful golf course. The layout is great but they should put in a little more time into maintenance.

Great Course, and Exceedingly Rude Golf Pro

I was glad to see the courses is in much better shape. Earlier this spring the course was in rough shape especially the greens. Now the greens are in much better shape but, they are slow which is normal for this course. We had a group of three golfers and we showed up a little early. We checked in with a golf pro and asked him if he would want us to wait or to go ahead and start playing. He informed us that he wanted us to wait and asked if we could move our bags from the front two carts to the third row of carts because there are groups of head of us that needed those carts. So we did as he asked. We practice on the putting greens and bought beers water and some accessories from the golf shop. Then the group ahead of us showed up. They started to talk with us and they asked how many we had in our group. We informed them that we had three and we asked how many they had. They said they had a group of five and for us to go ahead and go, so know one would be waiting. We thanked them and we went to go tell the golf pro just so he was informed. The golf pro then said " I will not let golfers from golf now come in early and expect to go ahead of golfers that actually paid full price." I completely understand with the rules but, it's not like we asked to go ahead of them, they (the group of 5) insisted on us going first because it made sense. The golf pro was very very rude and would not let us go first. So the group of five said we will tee off first and we will let you all play through on #2. My point is the golf pro clearly doesn't like golf now customers, even though we bought many items from his shop, he is exceedingly rude and has horrible customer service skills. Since he has came to this course the course has started to decline a little. As for all the other workers at Arrowhead they are amazing and a joy to talk with.

Wonderful, but challenging course!

This course is hidden away in the N.E. Ga area on a beautiful lake. The course is beautifully maintained and will challenge your game. Altitude variations, doglegs, and water will have you using every club in your bag. The back nine are mostly on the water giving you great views of the lake which borders the course.

Great Track

We had to drive for 1 1/2 hrs to get there but WELL WORTH the drive. One of our favorite courses in the state of Ga. Only postive comments no negatives. TRULY a gem of a course.

Great Course, Very friendly staff, but SLOW play

Staff here is always very friendly and the course in very good shape except a few bunkers. Problem today was extremely slow play. I drove just under 2 hours to play this course today and they had a tournament that drastically slowed play. The group in front of us turned around on no. 6 and went in. I would have done the same if I wasn’t almost most 2 hours away. I wish I would have known there was a tournament, I would have played another day.

Can’t miss course

Great course and layout. Always in great shape and never very crowded.

Hidden Gem

Played on hot afternoon with no waiting or anything like that. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the course. By the layout book if it’s your first time. Several blind shots to greens and hidden hazards. The greens were a little burnt but it’s been in the high 90’s for a couple weeks so that’s why. It’s worth the ride and I’ll be back. Next time I’ll spend the weekend there and play some courses close by as well.

Elberton, Georgia
Hartwell, Georgia
Hartwell, Georgia
Abbeville, South Carolina
McCormick, South Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.