Buchanan Castle Golf Club

Designed by James Braid in 1936, Buchanan Castle Golf Club is just a half hour from Glasgow and close to Loch Lomond and the charming village of Drymen. It's an 18-hole parkland golf course with tree-framed fairways. This feature sounds simple, but it can be troublesome, especially on the first and ninth holes, where you'll have to be on your game to score well. You'll find relief on the true, flat greens though. The facility also includes a par-3 practice course, a clubhouse with a bar and dining area and a fully-stocked pro shop. You can also get a lesson from a PGA teaching professional.
Buchanan Castle Golf Club
White 70 6131 yards
Yellow 68 5728 yards
Red (W) 71 5371 yards
Scorecard for Buchanan Castle Golf Club
White M: 68.7/117 395 391 399 141 262 500 423 147 387 3045 160 359 348 435 483 350 181 367 405 3088 6133
Yellow M: 67.2/113 390 346 358 135 256 475 392 135 349 2836 153 332 339 404 455 340 171 331 381 2906 5742
Red W: 65.1/109 384 344 339 131 254 444 380 121 343 2740 145 329 312 357 377 316 140 302 396 2674 5414

Year Built 1936
Architect James Braid (1936)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire at all times. No Denims, track suits, jogging suits, football shirts or T-shirts.

Good day at Buchanan Castle.

Went along to Buchanan Castle for our Tee Time at 11:07 but course was flooded so course was shortened to 12 holes but to be fair the Pro said we could play as many holes as we want.

Because we paid through GolfNow we couldn’t get a rain check I know that’s the gamble you take when booking on line. Very nice course!

Not a good day.

Playing winter greens in September !! Green and fairway treatment made for a very compromised round .

Disappointing ! Suggest check with club before booking .

Great day out

We played this course today,the course was in very very good condition and the greens were excellent...this is the first i have played this course and the layout was superb and all the par 3s were tricky only down side was the strong winds which made scoring hard, but i will be back to play again as this was a great day out

Fairways and greens are in tremendous condition

Uninspiring layout but lovely condition. Worth playing and definitely value for money.

Good game

The round was good course was well maintained only downfall were the two guys in front of me taking five minutes to line up shot and then taking another five minutes to line up puts and missing then spending another five minutes lining up again so I only played nine holes which took 2 1/2 hours

Buchanan casle

The course was very well maintained , with some lovely senery the only downfall was the weather as it rained for my entire round but was still very enjoyable definitely with a round for anyone thinking about it

Great

Looks easy quite flat but greens well protected with bunkers. Par 3s look easy but not. The only downside was the sand in green side bunkers. But. What a lovely course greens staff were busy doing a great job. Will play again very pleasant staff all-round .even members spoke and assisted us . thanks to all for a lovely day

Flat, boring, slow, long grass

A very flat course with not many interesting holes at all. We booked this course on the day through tee off times and got a good deal although we were paired up with another couple even though there were plenty of tee times available. The pro at the shop reminded us just how good a deal we had when I asked about splitting us up. There were several groups of seniors ahead of us not one of them allowing the group behind to play through nor taking any measures to avoid slow play.

The course was in reasonable condition but the grass off the fairway was far too long so any missed fairway shots were heavily punished as it was near impossible to get any kind of contact on the ball. I would expect this if I was playing the US open championship but not a friendly game on a Monday morning.

Excellent on a Hot Deal

First off, this is a very flat course, very easy on the legs.

Very well kept, I played on a roasting hot day.

Outlay is easy to follow, each green leads right onto next tee, with no trekking in between.

Greens immaculate, if a little slow, but nothing id complain about. Few tees had mats which is a major bugbear of mine.

Seems to be as well, theres very little rough. Theres big fairways, couple yards of rough, then absolute guff (just overgrown forestry/weeds) which is nigh on impossible to find a ball in.

Wouldnt pay the £44 they usually ask, I got it for £18 and it was worth that at least.

Very friendly staff, pro good as well.

Would highly recommend a visit

Buchanan Castle

On a good day the course would be lovely. However the course was completely soaked and in my opinion should not have been open for play. I will try the course again during the summer and hopefully have more fun then.

Lovely course but very wet and soggy by the looks of all the holes around course drainage seems to be a problem even greens were very soft would play again beautiful layout and nice countryside. Weather has been pretty poor and a lot of rain so this hasn’t helped

value for money

fairways were flooded,greens were good, we were told it was wet under foot,got told (when we finished round) that cows had broken onto course some fairways were a mess.Very wet ! If they gave us two for one that would have been a fair price.Do not go there if there has been a lot of rain .

Really nice course

First time visiting Buchanan Castle. This is probably the flattest golf course I've ever played. There is nothing even remotely resembling a hill anywhere on the course. Unfortunately this means when it rains (which it does quite a lot in the West of Scotland) there is nowhere for the rain water to run off to which meant the ground was very wet throughout the course. The greens were in excellent condition and the layout of the course is a fair test which we thoroughly enjoyed,.

Well kept secret

This little gem is such a wonderful visit from start to finish great layout great greens and the real friendliness of staff and members at Buchanan Castle made us feel very welcome

The weather was suitable for ducks and many holes had surface water but this did not put us off taking in the beautiful scenery and the great layout.

We will be back to play when much drier and can't wait

Hot deal on a hot day!

This course is in fantastic condition, from tees to fairways to greens. An excellent golfing experience. Of course it helped that it was the hottest day of the year, and that we only saw about 8 other golfers during our round. An absolute must for the money!

Excellent easy walking course

Really enjoyed a great days golf on the flattest course I ever played. The course is in terrific condition and presents a fair challenge to any level of golfer. I would highly recommend this to anybody

flat parkland

Flatish parkland course in excellent condition greens so fast the quickest I've encountered and in great condition. I have never broken handicap ever, some water features make this a good test of your ability, fairways generous but even second cut of rough hard to play from but a fair and enjoyable test.

Super round at lovely Buchanan Castle.

My Dad used to be a member at Buchanan Castle and I can see why. Very well laid out , mature parkland course. Many tricky holes set out in very picturesque surroundings. Thoroughly enjoyed our round on a beautifully maintained course. We have already been back twice now. Special mention for the Pro Shop team who could not be more welcoming.

Drymen, Stirling