Style Parkland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Milnathort Golf Club is a traditional village golf course in scenic Perthshire, Scotland. The club formed in 1910 on grounds donated to the golf club to encourage sport.

Its an undulating inland, nine-hole parkland golf course with lush fairways and superb greens. Additional tees have been added at three of the holes to give the nine-hole course more variety. Because of these strategically placed trees, accurate tee shots are necessary. There are different trees and greens for each hole.

Though you need to be accurate off the tee at Milnathort Golf Club, the course is forgiving, and there's room for a wayward shot. There are no par 5s and no hole over 467 yards. The shortest hole is the 146-yard par 3 fourth, while the longest is the 440-yard par 4 seventh.

Junior golf is encouraged. The clubhouse features a dining area, bar and changing rooms and showers.

Milnathort Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1910

Carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Bar

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

I booked what I thought was an 18 hole course but when I got to the course I found out that it's actually a 9 hole course with couple of different tee positions. Apart from the cafe staff there was no one there to explain the course.

Milnathort Golf Course

I booked a tee time at this 9 hole course that had very good reviews . Firstly , this has a small village feel about it , everyone knows everyone , and there is definitely a feel of an older membership. I was welcomed by the lady in the clubhouse and there was a relaxed atmosphere. The course is in excellent condition and the greens are like carpets, very impressed. The Fairways are well maintained and there is double greens. There is no real hazards , but the flags and tees can cause a bit confusion , as at several holes the tees are different from front nine to back nine, remember this is a 9 hole course. The real issue I have is the fact it’s a 9 hole course, if busy , which it was, it’s hard to get off and as a single golfer, catching up with the 4 ball in front and the 2 ball behind. When you reach the 10th ( the 1st second time) there is the usual thing of who is next up , common on a 9 holes course. In conclusion, it’s another one of the golf course bucket list , but I would prefer to play the next time when quieter .

Great course well maintained

Played Milnathort golf course today great course well maintained stunning views and the staff were brilliant....... however we did get a bit of hassle as the golf now app does not give you both tee off times only the one for your actual tee off time as this was our first time at the course we were unsure of the layout and the way it was ran...... this really caused an issue with one of the local members claiming he was in the golf committee for the club and tried to accuse us of stealing his tee off time when we were only trying to start our back nine and continued to keep moaning and grumbling.......... other than the one member being a pain the club and course was absolutely stunning.

Excellent course

I've played here before, but not with the different tees and the 17th green (used to be the practice area last time i played here).
It changes the holes, making it feel like an 18 hole course.
Staff very friendly and polite, and plenty of chat from the other players.

Lovely 9 hole course in a lovely setting

Great 9 hole course but plays 18 with different greens on some holes and different tees on others.well presented course and great condition overall enjoyed playing here and definitely value for money

Lovely Condition

The course was immaculate with the fairways and greens in great shape.

The layout for me with double greens and two greens depending on what nine you play is an interesting touch but a bit too quirky for me.

It’s a beautiful setting but just not for me.

9 Hole Gem

Excellent course in excellent condition. Alternative tees, and some alternative greens, make it seem more like an 18 hole course. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Perfect

Played milnathort for the first time today. Course is in great condition and ideal for a medium to high handicapper like me. Staff really welcoming. Will be back.

Such a Perfect Day

Really loved my 9 holes at Milnathort. No starter hut just pop into the bar and sign in. Great to see Milnathort GC hosting and event with disabled golfers and curlers in the afternoon. The pace of the round was leisurely ( as it should be). My favourite hole was probably any of the ones that I parred ( there were only 3) Greens were still on the sandy side but the fairways were in great condition. The views around the course are beautiful and the lay out is relatively easy but on a wild and windy day it would probably have been more of a challenge. Great wee course.

Little gem

This course goes from strength to strength. In excellent condition for April. Well groomed fairways and greens. New bunkers in place and the flexibility to offer a genuine test in a 9 hole configuration. Only issue is that there was no warm up net, it’s being moved. Generous pratice area and green is available though.

Pleasantly surprised

Very nice 9 hole course in immaculate condition. Tees, fairways and greens to a high standard. All staff both in the clubhouse and on the course friendly as were some of the members we met playing a competition. Allowed to tee off a bit early by these members meant we didn't get held up ( many thanks gents...). Good combination of holes some sharing greens and others switching greens when playing the back 9. Will be sure to visit again.

Milnathort GC

first time we have played the course lovely setting and weather was perfect not easy course but not difficult and greens were lovely to putt on Clubhouse staff were very warm and welcoming couldn't have been better really.....

Good day out!

Great wee course! fantastic condition with cracking greens. Well worth a visit.

Excellent

The number of people I've mentioned Milnathort to, since Tuesday, and none of them knew about it. It's a wee gem of a nine holer in excellent condition and a quality feel about everything; from the conditioning of the course, the immaculate clubhouse, to the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food and its value for money.

Excellent day we three seniors had ( and we are all experienced, decent players) and we will be back.

Maybe the one thing we got confused about was the flags. There are some

double greens and, I think, you play to the yellow flag first time on the doubles and to the red the second time. I'm probably wrong there but it could be easier to follow although I am in my eighth decade and ......

This latter did not detract from our great day.

Well done Milnathort , thank you and keep up the good work

Fantastic

Milnathort is a great course, much more than a 9 holer with several different tees and greens on the 2nd time around. I have played some well known/expensive courses that have not been in such a brilliant condition. If I lived closer I would join in a heartbeat.

Great wee course

First time round this great wee course and would certainly recommend to anyone of any handicap level.

Milnathort

The only problem was we didn't realise it was only
A 9 hole course , as it was advertised as an 18 ,
Nevertheless thoroughly enjoyed our round

Kinross, Kinross-Shire
Leslie, Fife
Cowdenbeath, Fife
Glenrothes, Fife

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.