Type
White 71 6415 yards
Yellow 70 6116 yards
Red (W) 72 5661 yards
Scorecard for Irvine Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 418 476 358 289 279 411 322 165 456 3174 373 465 368 429 382 337 156 391 333 3234 6408
Red W: 70.2/119 390 430 267 267 243 389 294 126 380 2786 360 405 303 380 348 310 137 382 276 2901 5687

Year Built 1887
Architect James Braid

Caddies Yes

Dress code Training Shoes, Denim Jeans, Shell Suits, Collarless Shirts are not permitted either on the Golf Course or in the Clubhouse. Shorts (only Tailored) are permitted on the Golf Course and in the Clubhouse.

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 5
Played On 08/05/2018

Wonderful experience - highly recommended

A wonderful quirky traditional links course. Off the yellow tees the course was playing short given the dry conditions but the greens ran fast and true. It really does require some local knowledge to navigate but not knowing some of the pitfalls is no bad thing! The 5th and 6th are of their time but a great test. For those who have played Glasgow Gailes I would say it is a similar test but with more idiosyncrasies. Definitely up there and in the mould of the best links tests.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Fair
Played On 07/16/2018

Nice, but heavy to play

The course was in a good but not perfect shape. The fairways are small and you have to take care about other golfers crossing the fairways. So it is better to stay on the fairways. Verry friendly staff and the clubmanager himself give us a warm welcome! Nice restaurant as well.
Pace of Play Good
Played On 06/04/2018

closeby the greatst links but really worth to play

Very kind staff, course in excellent condition , superb green. Caddies are members which makes them very knowledgeable Good food Really Worth to play when you go and play in this part of Scotland !
Commented On 06/19/2018
Hi Christian, Sorry its taken me so long to get round to responding to your excellent review. Glad you enjoyed your day with us and hope we see you again. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 04/30/2018

Good Old Scottish Seaside Links

Nice contact on mail and phone already several weeks before our follow-up of 4 came to the course, Was well received and received good information about the track, history and facilities we could use. The course was challenging and had many holes we will remember, this is a course we definitely want and come back to.
Commented On 05/26/2018
So glad you enjoyed the course and thanks for leaving this review. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 04/16/2018

Excellent links experiencegreen

I was met by a former Cpatain as the club has a meet and greet policy for visitors to show them round the clubhouse and answer any questions. This was an excellent touch. I had previously contacted the club to enquire about using the James Braid Association discount and all of my dealings with Andy, the Assistant Secretary, were excellent. The day was dry but a touch windy. Given the recent poor weather the course was in excellent condition. The only exceptions were the low lying 6th and 13th holes. But that did not take away from the enjoyment and a few more dry days will sort that, I am sure. The course is mostly par fours - just two par 3’s and one par five. Only twice do more than three consecutive holes run in the same direction 11 was unreachable into the wind you cant afford to go left with either your tee or approach shots to the long 13th don’t be short and left of the 17th as the slop will take your ball into gorse. Beware of the ground falling steeply away short of the 3rd green and do not fail to get up to the fourth as the green is raised. This is a good test of golf and well worth a visit. The clubhouse is well appointed and serves both good food and drink. I will return and encourage others to do so..
Value for the Money Good
Commented On 05/22/2018
Thanks for leaving such an in depth review of the course which only now beginning to look at its very best. Our Meet & Greet team do a fantastic job and I am glad you enjoyed your day. Come back and see us again. Andy A Assistant Secretary
Played On 04/09/2018

Excellent hospitality and unique course

We were warmly welcomed to the club by a past captain who gave us a tour of the clubhouse before our tee time. He was very engaging and went through the history of the club. The course itself was very unique, with a great mix of challenging links holes. Definitely going to go back.
Commented On 04/20/2018
Thanks for leaving such an outstanding review of your visit. I will pass on your remarks to our Meet & Greet team. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 04/01/2018

Quirky Course

Thoroughly enjoyed our day out. Warm welcome was received both at the pro shop and clubhouse. Course was in very good condition given the time of year. A good mixture of holes with some more challenging than others. Would certainly consider another visit.
Commented On 04/03/2018
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review which is very important to the club. Come back and see us again. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 03/13/2018

Great day on a great courseo

We were met by past Captain Jim, who gave our group of 6 a conducted tour of the clubhouse and facilities but also told us of the history of the club. We were all very impressed not only with the club's history but all so the club members were all welcoming and offered local knowledgeable to and during our round, all of which helped us to enjoy the whole day out. Thanks to Jim and all the members of Irvine Glof Club
Commented On 04/03/2018
Dave, Thanks for your review. I will pass on your remarks to Jim and the rest of the team. Glad you enjoyed your day and l hope to welcome you back in the future. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 09/25/2017

A good time was had by all!

On behalf of our BDO (Big Daz Oot) group from Erskine GC I would like to thank everyone for the very warm welcome we received on Monday morning to your course. A Past-Captain was on hand to meet us who detailed a brief history of the club during a short tour of your clubhouse - a nice touch. The course itself was in excellent condition and offers some challenging holes. Unfortunately the green staff were embarking on their winter programme of hollow tining but this didn’t in any way detract from our course experience as the ball still ran well and true. During post-game bar meals we all agreed that it had been a most enjoyable outing and one which we certainly wish to repeat.
Commented On 10/31/2017
Appreciate your comments which I will pass on to the staff involved. Glad your group enjoyed and look forward to seeing you all again next year. Andy Arnott Assistant Secretary
Played On 08/07/2017

Bogside

Great experience playing Bogside during my first trip to Scotland. Having played nine different golf courses I can steadily say that Irvine provide us the warmest welcome we've had on a golf course, not only here but anywhere I went to play golf all over Europe. I need to thank the Captain and the Pro to make me feel I was a daily member of the club. The course is not very long, but definitely tricky, biting you whenever you hit errant tee shots. It was immaculate, with the best greens we've seen on our Ayrshire trip. Lovely lunch too. Really looking forward to come back!
Commented On 10/31/2017
Sorry I have taken so long to respond. Thanks for leaving such a glowing review. Hope you will return again in the future. Andy Arnott

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2018 - Sep 30, 2018
Pine Cone Accommodations offers unique vacation properties in the Gaylord area and special package pricing for Stay and Play with Gaylord Country Club. Check out their web site for a comprehensive listing of available cabins, homes and condominiums that will make your next visit a memorable experience. TAKE THE TOUR! TOUR 54 3 Rounds of Golf & 2 Nights Lodging $114 per person per night