Duddingston Golf Club
Three-time Open champion Willie Park initially designed the Duddingston Golf Club, which opened way back in 1895, and, over the hundred-some years since, changes to Park's architecture have only enhanced it. John Shade and Bill Biggar extended it in the 1960s and 1970s, adding a new tee to the 12th hole, and bringing it to its current length of 6,525 yards. A parkland golf course that undulates gently - "Duddingston" is Gaelic for "sunny side of the hill" - the course sees meticulous maintenance and offers an excellent test, as the Braid Burn winds through fairways, challenging golfers on several holes.
A round of golf at the Duddingston Golf Club kicks off with muscle on Deer Park, a par-5 hole that measures 495 yards from the white tees. It's just one of four par-5s on the course, the others being the fourth hole, the 489-yard Death or Glory; the monster 537-yard eighth hole, Gates; and the 500-yard 17th, Pond. The final hole is a relative breeze: R.D.B.M. is a par-4 that measures a mere 356 yards.
|Red (W)||72||5563 yards|
|White M: 70.7/121||494||166||409||486||335||202||376||539||316||3323||181||437||407||412||149||314||382||511||350||3143||6466|
|Yellow M: 69.5/119||486||152||374||457||319||187||364||525||300||3164||172||416||398||401||139||302||374||499||343||3044||6208|
|Red W: 70.2/119||476||135||363||437||304||173||355||447||282||2972||135||396||300||387||132||281||292||470||336||2729||5701|