Type Private
Style Moorland
Fereneze Golf Club

Year Built 1904

Dress code Tops to have collar or roll neck, long trousers or tailored shorts, short sleeve tops to be tucked inside trousers, no football or rugby tops, no denim, trainers, or tee shirts.

Course in Excellent condition

Rocked up to the course as a 2 ball to try it out as I am considering joining as a member.

The vice captain- Bert - spotted us and offered to play round with us and explain the course layout and history to us.

The course was excellent in layout with very picturesque views and challenging slopes on greens and fairways.

Bert was an excellent guide and went above and beyond in helping us to enjoy our round.

I would thoroughly recommend a round here; I enjoyed it so much I'm going to join as a member.

A hidden gem!

Found the course on the Internet, and will definitely play it again on our next visit to Scotland. The course was in great condition despite torrential rain, and the staff were friendly and accommodating when having to rearrange due to the weather. The greens were immaculate, running fast and true, and the views from every tee to green were amazing. A fantastic track to play if ever you get the chance, you won't be disappointed.

Really enoyable round

Thoroughly enjoyed my round at Fereneze Golf Club. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, weather was excellent and it was a great price for 18 holes on a nice course. The course itself is challenging to walk at the beginning with several holes uphill. I enjoyed the layout of the course, however, and found a nice mix of holes, particularly the par 3's, although they are all quite similar in length. With it being the first time playing this course, I was very impressed with the condition of the fairways and greens, particularly given the time of year. Pace of play was more than satisfactory. I wouldn't describe this course as particularly difficult nor particularly easy, but a good test, in good condition. The course is quite short but can play longer taking the hilly nature of many holes into account. I would not hesitate in recommending this course and will be back in the near future.

Fereneze

Challenging course if u haven't played it before as a lot of tee shots are blind. Greens were in great condition, some of them are like putting on glass. Would advise you to use a trolley or buggy as its very hilly. I carried my bag and am now going for a mid afternoon nap. All in all great value for £12.

Being fit is an advantage

An enjoyable challenge is provided by this hilly course with stunning views.

Very enjoyable

Course in good condition for early season. Fantastic views. Pro shop staff very friendly and helpful. Catering excellent. Minor point - lounge layout could be a bit more imaginative. Overall thoroughly enjoyable day.

Fantastic course

Fereneze is a hidden gem on the outskirts of Glasgow, a classic moorland course, hilly at the start and finish with amazing views over Glasgow and West Central Scotland. The course is not long, but every hole is different and challenging. The course is in superb condition. Loved it!

Fab course in good condition lovely greens all round very playable and stunning views over Glasgow

Take your hiking boots!!

Really nice course. The fairways are in great condition and the greens are immaculate. First few holes are very steep, to the point I was thinking surely it can't keep going up!.
Some really stunning holes on this course and amazing views of the surrounding area (due to being so high up the hill).
Down side to this lovely course is the fact that they sell tee times late in the day. My own fault. I booked a 7.44pm tee off. We were only able to get round 12 holes before it got to dark to play on. Which begs the question , why give the option to book at that time. Also there was no one there, We could have just walked on the course played a few holes and no one would be any the wiser (not that I would do that, but still) saving myself 46 pounds.

Well worth a visit!

I played with my partner & my son. We had a really enjoyable game but lost a few balls which hit the fairway & then rolled off into long rough. Knowing the course would definitely be an advantage!
We didn't use the clubhouse facilities, apart from the changing rooms.

Value for money

Good course, quite short but tight. Rough is very long so if you are off the fairway you are in serious trouble

Great little course

Great course, greens were superb. A bit hilly on the first few holes, when the wind picks up makes it tricky. Overall thoroughly enjoyed the course, would highly recommend it, and will definitely be back.

Amazing value for money

I paid around £10 to play this course. I have previously played it but many years ago. It has stunning views. It is very hilly so be prepared for that. The greens are very fast for the time of year, it's obvious they look after this course. Would pay £25 for this and still feel it was well worth it. Give it a shot.

Great course, spectacular views of West Central Scotland, not too long, and some cracking holes, tough in the wind!

Great Course, Amazing views, Friendly Staff

Played this course yesterday with 2 friends. We had great weather for it and the course is in superb condition. We are all casual golfers and we found some of the holes quite tricky, but all of the holes were interesting and varied. The course is pretty hilly and the altitude makes for some windy elevated tee shots so expect to lose some balls. The tee boxs fairways and greens were in excellent condition and the 18th down hill par 4 is a lot of fun with the green being drivable for not even the biggest hitters.
The professional was very informative and friendly.
We stopped in the club house for food afterwards to which the Bar maid was very friendly and we had a great burger and chips (huge portions and rediculously cheap)
We will definitely be back.

Played this nice corse that has great views in February, overall in good condition for time of year. Unfortunately we played on winter greens due to heavy frost, however the very friendly staff and members offered us to return to play the course properly at a later date. I will definitely be back to play there again as I enjoyed it even in the poor weather conditions.

DECEPTIVELY TRICKY

Far from the longest course, Fereneze looks on paper like a par 71 you can really score on, and provided you hit the ball straight there are undoubtedly opportunities, however the problems really start as soon as you are even slightly wayward off the tee. At many of the holes you find yourself playing a blind tee shot onto a narrow fairway, and with thick rough aplenty you can easily find yourself racking up the penalty strokes if you are having an off day with the driver. The par 3's are all very short and inviting, but again accuracy is an absolute imperative or that birdie opportunity can quickly become a battle to prevent double bogey. Course was in outstanding condition for time of year with the greens as quick as anything I have putted on playing on a damp December morning. Only criticism is that playing it for the first time it wasn't always totally obvious where the next hole was at certain points - would benefit from marking each tee with the hole number. Will definitely be having another crack at this course, but with the benefit of experience may opt for a 3 wood off the tee at certain holes.

Played a round on Sunday for the 1st time and really enjoyed it, really warmed up around the 4th as the first 3 holes are uphill and just got my breath back then haha. Managed a couple of birdies which is good for me as I only started playing 6 months ago. Will defenitely going back for another round as the views are spectacular.

Thornliebank, East Renfrewshire
Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire
Clarkston, East Renfrewshire
Dumbreck, Glasgow City

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900