Fox Hills Resort - National Course

2.3

The National is Fox Hill Resort & Conference Center's 18-hole championship course, which is joined by the 27-hole Fox Creek Course. In total, there are four different 18-hole layouts available at the club, making it one of northeast Wisconsin's premier golfing destinations. Unlike the longer parkland golf course, the National has a Scottish-links style layout that draws inspiration directly from the traditions of British Isles courses. The lengthy layout stretches to just over 7,000 yards from the back tees. The course is accented with massive sandy waste areas and carefully sculpted mounding. Challenging double greens were incorporated into the design and there are over 16 acres of water hazards that come into play throughout. Just like any classic links golf course, the landscape is virtually treeless and there are numerous strategically placed bunkers to contend with.
Gold 72 5735 yards
Scorecard for National
Black M: 73.8/136 534 442 414 157 360 438 383 188 541 3457 460 173 405 415 424 545 392 169 570 3553 7010
Blue M: 72.1/132 505 426 394 138 345 415 355 171 527 3276 433 158 374 386 389 515 367 137 539 3298 6574
White M: 70.7/129 490 410 377 126 328 400 338 156 512 3137 411 148 359 363 374 498 345 122 525 3145 6282
Yellow M: 69.2/123 484 366 349 120 269 332 290 144 506 2860 365 141 325 340 298 459 310 116 521 2875 5735
Red W: 71.0/124 424 356 339 101 259 327 280 134 479 2699 355 114 318 330 268 449 300 61 472 2667 5366

Year Built 1961
Fairways Bluegrass
Golf Season April 1 to November 1
Architect Edward Lockie Bob Lohmann (1961)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 6

Fun Course for Cheap

First time playing the course, got a Groupon for $80, 18 holes with carts for 4 people. With that price my expectations were low, however the National course exceeded my expectations by miles. The course was in fantastic condition, greens were rolling pure and were difficult to read, it took our 4-some 9 holes to finally get a feel. The waste areas and hazards were in good position and offered a unique experience in comparison to 95% of parkland courses in Wisconsin where if you miss the fairway you are in the woods. The par 5’s were very fun, they were reachable in 2 but with risk, most greens were protected by bunkers or water. The layout was fun and pace of play was great. It’s a cool course that’s different from most Wisconsin courses I would HIGHLY recommend checking this course out especially with the Groupon deal, you can’t beat the price and you will be pleasantly surprised with thw high quality course and conditions. This course would be 5x more fun to play the second time around because there are many nuances that you just can’t see or don’t know about the first time around.

Chicago Milwaukee Advisor

Great resort course to go play and not worry about anything

Played the national part of a buddies trip up to the resort. Its a great deal for 3 nights stay with unlimited golf plus free breakfasts. The national is a really nice links style course. Greens and fairways are in great shape. Lot of cool holes that have some risk and reward with them. Definitely a place I would go back to, to be able to play golf and relax and not worry about anyone else around you. The other courses their are average but again for the price and deal they are perfect.

The National

Nice layout. Course needs some TLC. Clubhouse is a joke. First time that I have witnessed a mushroom growing on a green. Would be willing to pay 30 w/ cart, but 50 +. Cmon man!

nice mock links course

we try and play course at least once a year many courses in area that are nice to play also

Classey Links Course Just like a FOX...

I played solo here, and was my first time here. I knew was a links course driving 2 1/2 hours up here to play. The staff head pro was a great guy. Great Layout, but typical, but what I thought made this course stand out from your typical boring Links course was that this course has a ton, and I mean a ton of sand and water here, and mounds every where. I play golf always where the ball lies, and let me tell you I found my share of fairway bunkers, or waste bunkers here. But found out that they were pretty easy to get out off. There sand is raked and groomed daily here, which I think stands out here. Most par 3's are not easy friends, especially hitting from the black tips tees I hit 2 balls here that morning, 1 from the Black, and 1 from the Whites just to see how I would fare, this course is 7,000 plus yards from the tips guys and gals. And About 6,300 Yards from the Whites. Heck hole 10 is 460 yards par 4 from the black tees. I bogeyed it but hey was on in 3. The fairways are nice and wide, and the greens, well again I found the greens to be in excellent tip top shape here, with a nice roll to them. and soft. I bit pricey but I loved playing this course. was chilly and got great laughs from the locals at 7:30am for showing up in shorts. I forgot that Lake Michigan is about 5 miles away, and the wind made it chilly, guys told me that it does not warm up here until June. Hole 17, I landed 1 1/2 feet away at 170 yards from the black tees to almost get my hole in one. But not quite. Hope to be back this summer to play the other 27 holes it has to offer. Fun course to bring beginners I think. Wide fairways. Thumbs UP!!! Blacks holed out in 41-41=82, and Whites 39-39=78. Never did see the Fox?????? LOL...

Challenging with the many hills , water and sand.

Tough if your not a straight hitter with the many hills , sand and water. Very challenging . But was fun to play a different type of course.

Good value for the money

Decent condition. Was raining and carts didn't have club covers so that was inconvenient.

ode

Decent course, but average condition @ best

It's a decent test and there are several signature holes along the water, which are fun to play. Greens were good, but everything else was not the best...fairways hadn't been mowed in several days and was like playing out of the first cut of rough, and they were spotty; same for the tee boxes. Overall I like the course, however would not pay their standard rate for 18 + cart, which is around $50. If they kept it in better shape, I would play this course a few times per year.

Course and resort seem tired.

I have a good friend who takes his entire family to Fox Hills Resort each fall for a family golf vacation. He always talks about the place. So, on my return from Green Bay, I decided to stop and check it out. It helped that GolfNow had a great deal. I played The National. Underwhelming would be the best description. The layout is very nice, but the condition of the course was below average. Fairways were choppy, grass growing in much of the bunker system, and beat-up greens. I guess I was expecting much more. Pace was fantastic, as very few people were out playing ahead of me. However, it did seem like there were a good number of people out playing. I imagine this course could be a gem if cared for, but it appeared the course, and the entire resort, was old and looked a bit worn. I wonder if they are having trouble producing enough revenue to truly care for the facility? I doubt I'll go back, but glad I have now played it.

Fox Hills - National

Good course, if you like links course. Greens in very good condition. Huge flocks of geese are disappointing and definitely reduce the enjoyment. 4 or 5 holes contain so many geese that you have to be aware of them, play around them, and "step gingerly" so you don't step in their 'remains'.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018