2.6

White 70 6125 yards
Yellow 70 5738 yards
Red (W) 70 5234 yards
Scorecard for Shotts Golf Club
White M: 68.9/118 328 302 444 409 136 368 400 385 322 3094 506 457 348 152 416 331 222 299 381 3112 6206
Yellow M: 67.1/117 W: 71.3/121 318 290 364 387 119 344 342 361 304 2829 449 433 340 137 403 302 204 265 376 2909 5738
Red W: 69.3/116 309 290 363 323 121 308 292 320 302 2628 392 382 317 119 354 273 169 265 335 2606 5234

Year Built 1922
Architect James Braid (1936)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Hi I enjoyed round at Shotts only two winter greens on as long you stay on fairway because lots of holes have recently dug drainage ditches at side of fairways with all the mud still lying there so they are doing lots of work on course so must be bad for water on course before but still enjoyed it

What a transformation

Recently played Shotts in the seniors open what a transformation a new green keeper has been appointed and the difference in the course from a few months ago is spectacular.
This combined with friendly club house staff made this a thoroughly enjoyable visit.
The fairways were defined greens very good indeed

What s happened to a great course?

Having played Shotts many times and enjoyed the course,food and atmosphere around the club it was really disappointing to see how this golf club has went so downhill.The course is in need of some real TLC.One of the best challenges in Lanarkshire and a real favourite with me I hope that it can be back at its best soon.

Greens are a disgrace -

I walked off course after 9 holes. Course layout is good and fairways in ok condition. 1st green was in terrible condition and covered in sand. I hoped this would be a one off however it was then relevant this was a common theme for each hole. Large quantities of sand and grass cuttings on the greens gave me a chuckle - utter disgrace and shsmbolic. The photo I took alone would prevent anyone thinking about playing the course.

“Receptive greens” is mentioned on their website. This is an embarrassment - Greens covered in sand. Grass also was longer in random parts of green however this would have not been too bad if they hadn’t ruined the green by turning it into a bunker.

Waste of a morning and won’t be back. Major work needed done on the greens. Embarrassing the course is actively on this site.

second chance

Heard the course was in good condition and couldn’t believe the difference from the last time. I know the summer has been kind but this was an amazing turn around from the last time I played. Still good value and a great lay out with friendly staff

poor greens

this used to be a great course to play but I am sorry to say it is in very poor condition now . the greens are now the worst I have ever played on . tee offs are bad aswell. don,t like knocking any course but this is a truthful opinion

Beware of the green staff. - they bite

The sun was shining on a glorious late May Friday morning. The sunshine always brings the best out in people so our golf party of six were looking forward to a Sun drenched round at Shotts golf club. Even the gentleman in the pro shop warning that the greens weren’t at their best could not dampen our sense of enthusiasm. Apparently the green keeper had left at short notice and the new one was due next week. Wouldn’t speculate as to why he left but we were soon to find that the remnants of the green staff perhaps weren’t feeling fully engaged with life at shotts
The course was blooming and a fine challenge for us mid handicappers lay ahead and after an auspicious start I landed an 8 iron to within 10 feet at the 5th and walked forward with confidence towards my par saving putt. By now I was grateful of my factor 30 sun cream and as I walked onto the sun kissed dance floor the water sprinklers were dancing a meet jig. They changed direction like jimmy Johnstone in his prime and I was soaked . My fellow dancers were also on the soggy side so we sought the help of a member of the green staff who was working nearby. As another green staff member had turned off the sprinkler for us two greens previous we asked if this could be done again to allow us all to three putt. The member of staff approached and from a distance it looked like he had forgot his factor 30 as his face was bright red. It turns out this wasn’t sunburn but rage. “ I’m not turning it off “he shouted angrily. “ as we stood aghast like contestants in a wet t shirt contest. When we highlighted that this request was granted at the previous hole he exploded. He was closer to my face than a gimme putt ( and I don’t give gimmes unless it’s shorter than Ronnie Corbetts inside leg) So the unexpected shower meant nobody managed a putt on the green and we agreed to call it two putts all round. I was asked my score by one of the group to mark on his soggy scorecard. Suddenly he’s back. “What did u say to me “ The debacle was in full swing but we just moved on to the next tee in disbelief and watched the waves hit the group behind ( They couldn’t putt either ) It is no wonder that HMP shotts which was only a 5 iron away is so overcrowded with inmates if this is the behaviours of the locals so be warned if you visit shotts golf club bring boxing gloves not golf gloves. A shameful day for Shotts boxing club

poor greens

Greens not been spokes and sanded properly and 1 green newly turfed not ready for paying customers needs investment dry green was shocking need to be rolled

fantastic

Fantastic course which is laid out very well, we were welcomed by the golf pro and played the course with a member Craig as it was our first time, The course was wet in places but in Scotland we have had a lot of rain recently.
I highly recommend this course it's similar to Easter Moffat G.C with a little of Airdrie G.C in places.
Very well kept with friendly green keepers too.

well worth the money

played on the 20th June with my son on his birthday , course was in great condition , only down side was that I got beat by 1 shot...it was his birthday after all...

Been playing golf for about 4 months now , played about 8 or 9 courses now by far this is the best one I have played. Would highly recommend this course so my fellow golfers.

Lovely course

First time at Shorts Golf Course. Thought the course was nice although wet in some areas (the day before had been heavy rain though).
Greens and fairways were well looked after with some nice holes ro play. Friendly staff and members.
Will definitely go back.

nice course

course in decent condition after a very dry spell of weather. greens not great but decent enough. there was a medal on so pace of play was quite slow. enjoyed the game but and will defo play the course again.

Played on a Friday afternoon,course was quiet ,witch suited us as we were a 4ball so nobody behind us trying to get through, greens were good ,fairways in good condition,well manicured and well maintained,course is a good test not to much rough so not wasting time looking for balls ,we enjoyed our day and would recommend .

shottsgolfclub
Commented On 05/16/2017

Thank you for your feed back we hope to see you again soon!

Fauldhouse, West Lothian
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
Larkhall, South Lanarkshire
Orbiston, North Lanarkshire

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!