Type
Style Parkland
Wishaw Golf Club

Year Built 1935
Architect James Braid (1935)

Dress code Proper golf attire required

Would give more than 5 stars if possible

I’m not usually one for writing reviews on courses I’ve been to but had such a good experience at Wishaw GC that I thought it would be rude not to!

The course was in lovely shape despite the extremely heavy rain throughout the day. The fairways are slightly tree-linesmen but the rough isn’t too long if you miss the fairway. There’s a few short par 4s which I love as it gives plenty of chance to get on the green in two shots.

When we were on about hole 6 the club pro came over on a golf buggy to apologise for the weather and offer us a free round if we wanted to call it a day. Something that’s never happened to me before at any golf club. He seemed like an extremely pleasant guy whereas sometimes the club pros can be a wee bit snooty, this gent was the exact opposite and a credit to the golf club.

We will certainly be coming to play Wishaw again in the future as not only is it a great course we were made to feel extremely welcome.

Surprisingly good ⛳️

Very pleased with this course, very well kept!

Friendly committee member very helpful and informative.

They’re not kidding about the fast greens.

Easy to navigate.

Value wise I paid £15 (hotdeal) which was cheaper than the average £25-£30 !
However the course was hardly immaculate and in this competitive market it should be a little cheaper overall.

Lovely course, very well kept good variety of challenges

Well-kept course

Friendly pro, members and green staff, excellent value on a "Hot Deal" tee-off time, easy walking, tree-lined fairways, four lovely par 3s, one blind uphill par 5, not many holes over 400 yards (which suits my game!), well-manicured greens, rough not too severe - and all enhanced by a lovely warm sunny day. Only negative was a slow 4-ball (visitors, 2 in a buggy) in front who let me through on the back 9 after a word from a greenkeeper. I'd definitely recommend Wishaw GC.

Good course and staff and members very friendly, will be back

Nothing to write home about

The course itself isn’t exciting with a lot of straight up and down holes . The full 18 holes were on winter greens despite the frost having disappeared by midday . Unfortunately not a lot of effort had gone into making the winter greens more than just a random hole in the fairway. Staff were pleasant but very little otherwise to entice us back

Well kept course

As in the title the course was in good shape considering the previous few days bad weather.
Nice layout however it can be quite a short course for long hitters with many holes being a drive & a wedge. Still it doesn't spoil a good round.

I played as part of a 2 ball starting 2 holes behind a 4 ball which we caught up at the 4th tee. They didn't let us through at all & held us up for the entire round, as not pushed for time not too much of a fuss but did get a bit tedious waiting at every tee box. We were clearly playing at a far greater pace & a much better standard so for them to let us play through would have been no inconvenience to them at all.

The pro was very helpful & friendly, as was the bar staff. Food not exactly deserving of a Michelin star however for the price was ok.

I've played this course on many occasions as a guest of a member & the only thing putting me off joining is a great number of the members being your stereotypical clubhouse bores who have done everything you've done but obviously at a higher level, (we all know the type),

Would recommend this course but as with all private course you have to endure some self important members.

Great parkland course

The course was excellent.it had been torrential rain the day before & it had held the water with no problem at all.We'll definitely be back

5 star

This is perhaps one of the nicest courses in Lanarkshire! A really enjoyable golf course to play and challenge yourself on. My only issue when I played was not the course or the lovely staff but the members as a one ball I was refused to be allowed to play through by a 3 ball group of members. Etiquette was lacking and it was the only downside to a nice round of golf

Larkhall, South Lanarkshire
Plains, North Lanarkshire
Shotts, North Lanarkshire
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.