Type
Rating N/A
Caldwell Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1903
Architect Willie Fernie (1903) James Braid (1928)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

Won’t be the last time

Arrived in plenty of time for the rain, only to discover no umbrella and with the pro shop not open, I was looking at a rather soggy round.

However, went into the restaurant and asked a lovely young lady if there were any spare umbrellas available to which Ann (I think that was her name) kindly had a look and found one for me. Thank you so much for that- very much appreciated

Course was in good condition, green a little heavy with water but that was to be expected, but take nothing away from the greens, beat I’ve played on this year!!!

Value for money - absolutely. Didn’t manage to use the restaurant/bar facilities but maybe next time.

Thank you again.

Brian & Alan

A Hidden Gem

The day started off rainy when we left the East End of Glasgow but that didn’t put a dampener on our day (excuse the pun).
We set off hoping the rain would stay away and arrived at Caldwell Golf club with a little drizzle in the air. The first thing I noticed when walking to to pro shop was the 18th green which had a slope running down to it from the fairway. The green looked superb. After meeting the Pro
Mark who was very friendly and helpful. We set off around all I can say is a great well laid out golf course with some beautiful scenery and fantastic holes. The course was a little damp but the green staff were out in force making sure the course was looking great. The best thing about the day apart from playing a solid round of 84 which for me was good having not played for 4 months was the sun came out the rain kept away and the course was a delight to play.
I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a hidden Gem book up a round and go and enjoy yourself.
I’m already talking my mates into booking a day out at Caldwell. Can’t wait to go back
Thank you Mark, the Green Staff and Caldwell Golf Club for a fantastic days golf

Enjoyed the course very much which was in very good condition and the club house looked good but still in the covid 19 restrictions so unable to review the clubhouse.. Paid a fair price for the round and will return next year if the price is right.

Fantastic course in amazing condition, well done to the ground staff their hard work has shone through

Good challenge

The reviews for this course are glowing and after a few holes in to the round I could see why. The course is very well kept and the surrounding are fantastic. Most of the course is pretty flat with wide fairways but there is certainly a challenge to be had. The holes are of a decent length and there is a variety too. For £20 it's a bargain and I will definitely be returning for another round soon.

Played Caldwell today course was in superb condition members were very helpful can’t wait for my next round over this superb course

Great course, however down sides.

Played here 3 times now with a view to becoming members, however the downside to playing here is that there’s many arrogant members who seem to think it’s acceptable to play balls ridiculously close to you when you’ve not even made the greens!

Every time we’ve played here it’s been the same and it’s really frustrating as you’re left feeling pressured and not to mention in danger of gaining an injury. Our plan was to mention it to the club Pro but he wasn’t around today unfortunately. I understand people will read this and think maybe we were slow playing it, but that’s not the case and what’s worse is we’re not even bad players to warrant guys being so keen to play through us.

Can only play as fast as the group in front of you, just wish people would pay more attention to that as well as teeing off at correct times. Apart from that it’s a great course.

Outstanding

Played on Saturday and the we have been having lots of rain in Glasgow recently and the course held up to the weather and played brilliantly and the greens were superb , I would highly recommend this course to anyone , one of the best in Glasgow and me and my mates have played loads of courses.

A great parkland course

Caldwell is an excellent parkland course with a mixture of flat and gently sloping, wide fairways. All of the course is in great condition. The staff are very welcoming and helpful.

Course in great condition

Played at Caldwell today after a gap of several years. Weather was great, but more importantly the course was in great shape for any time of year. For late February it was superb! The new greenkeeper is clearly doing a first class job and the course will surely be amazing when the warmer weather arrives.
Well worth a visit if you’re in the area.

Well worth a visit.

Have played here many times...new greenkeeper not long started and you can see the improvements the guys are doing. For time of year course in great condition. Great variety of holes. Friendly staff and definitely value for money.

Crisp morning round

Arrived early at the course. Staff allowed me to set of early as it was quiet. A very well maintained course, the fun begins on the 3rd hole. Lovely peaceful setting, very enjoyable round.

Lovely course, facilities and value

Friendly assistant pro gave me a discount on regripping my driver and directed me to the good practice facility while he did it. Course in lovely condition, not long but loads of character especially the par 3s. Definitely be back.

Caldwell golf course

Was a member for many years but left this year due to work. A new greenkeeper has arrived and done a fantastic job, fairways are in great condition, and a first cut has been added. Greens had been cored and sanded so hard to judge them but well worth a visit. Only issue today stuck behind lady members, around 6 x 2 balls, despite catching them at the 4th they would not let me play through :(

Good course but hilly members very friendly and welcoming greens were in brilliant shape

Johnstone, Renfrewshire
Giffnock, East Renfrewshire
Municipal
Thornliebank, East Renfrewshire

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Book a 3 night stay & play package at Indian Wells Golf Resort, and receive your 4th night free! Experience the best of Southern California with a custom experience at Indian Wells.