Type
Style Parkland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Lochgelly Golf Club is a relatively flat parkland course with views over the Meadows, the Lomonds and the Ochills. The views are worth the price of a round alone. It is located in Fife, Scotland, the heart of golfing country. Visitors have described it as a must-play course when in the area.

The golf course kicks off with a par 5 but only 479 yards. It's the only par 5 on the course and the longest hole at Lochgelly. The course is 2,729 yards, and par is 68.

No. 3 is a par 3, but certainly not a gimme at 222 yards. There are five par 3s on the Lochgelly Golf Club course, spread out liberally, with three on the front nine and two in the back. The back nine ends with a 319-yard par 4.

Lochgelly Golf Club has a pro shop, which is well-stocked by the resident PGA Professional.

Lochgelly Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1895

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Good all round experience.

Nice course, good greens for time of year. Shame only nine holes open due to course maintenance!! Course quite high with views and strong winds on our visit. Staff very friendly but no facilities due to Covid-19. May visit again to see the holes we missed!

Helpful staff, good course, COVID safe.

Played with my nephew, who is just a beginner. Unfortunately GolfNow had paired us up with another two ball group who were low handicappers which would have been a little intimidating for him. We were lucky that there was a free slot immediately before us and the starter kindly let us go on our own.

The course was a bit soft & muddy in places, but for Scotland in mid-October, it wasn’t too bad. The layout is a bit tight in places, and you have to really keep your eyes open for stray balls. For example, to get to the 3rd tee, you have to walk 100 yards back up the 2nd fairway, into on-coming traffic, so keep your wits about you.

In terms of COVID precautions / hygiene / social distancing, the clubhouse, bar & toilets are all well prepared. The food is excellent - the toasties in particular are highly recommended.

Terrible

Golf now double booked my slot. The course was also water logged and only has 9 holes playable.

Lochgelly Golf Course

Unfortunately chose the wettest day of the year to play the course. The course was I. Very good condition and is equally tricky and challenging, however, if the weather was better, it would have played even better. I was greeted by the starter and was made very welcome upon arrival. I was offered the use of the locker room , which I find a very good gesture and one that I gladly took. The greens were excellent despite the heavy rain fall. There is a mix off short par 3’s and a par 5 to start. I will definitely play this course again, recommend :-)

Good course, poor staff

Playing a two ball we were told that we would be sharing the tee with another pair, which isn’t ideal with the current situation with COVID, however we accepted this. The starter kept saying it was golf now, not them who decide that and there was no other tee off time, but if we booked directly with the club he could have done something for us. So fair play, we got ready and was on the way to the first tee a couple of minutes early. As we walked towards the first tee, the other pair tee’d off and started walking up the first fairway.
The starter immediately came out and started shouting that we should have tee’d off with them. At which point I told him there is still a couple of mins before our tee time, but we’ll play right in behind them. He then went on ranting at us that that’s not the point, we should be going round with them.
I had the feeling that because we booked through golf now we were treated differently with the comments from him and the manner which he spoken to us.
Not an exceptional course, but it’s not bad. I would have thought they would have been a bit more welcoming to visitors and disappointed in Golf Now for cramming guys in under the current conditions. Whether that’s Lochgelly GC’s fault or golf now, it’s pretty poor.

Really good course

Not overlong. Terrific greens and fairways. Challenging.
We sadly didn’t have proper scorecards nor a map of the course but it wasn’t difficult to find our way.

Catering was superb.

Quirky course - nice

Maybe not the most welcoming sight on arrival - car park, surroundings, grim single storey building - but all good on the playing field.
Generous allowances of the tee for wayward shots and some holes with risk and reward for a short cut over the trees. Variation too in the shape of the fairways with sudden dog legs at the end - so much better to think about attacking a hole, rather than the dull ' hit a driver and hit with what's left to go.'
Some long par 3 s and 4s which, with the F5 we had was a bogey hole.
Putting surface ok.
But for the very cheap rate of £15, variety of holes and general layout, this is a 5

Would play again

Very interesting layout. First two holes slightly bland but enjoyed the challenge after that. One or two mild climbs but pleasant course to play

First trip

First time playing Lochgelly nice we course well maintained and a good variation of holes, the lady at pro shop was very friendly and welcoming. Played mid afternoon barely seen anyone on the course so was able to fly round. Highly recommended and good value for money.

Heavy rain all that week made conditions very difficult

Had rained on/off for the previous 4 days so course was very heavy. Parts of it were needing the grass cut and the greens were terrible spiked all over made it nigh on impossible to be able to put with any confidence. Cannot truly judge the course in these conditions there are some awkward dog-leg holes throughout the course but in the main plenty of room for manoevre.. Would need to see how the course plays in decent conditions to give an honest opinion.

Great course with friendly staff. Good meal after in clubhouse.

Cardenden, Fife