El Dorado Park Golf Club

Middle (W) 72 6189 yards 76.9 132
Back (W) 72 5877 yards 74.5 132
Forward (W) 72 5625 yards 72.5 125
Scorecard for El Dorado Park Golf Course
Pros M: 73.1/129 375 408 172 522 413 396 560 425 225 3496 564 424 208 408 387 392 379 189 521 3472 6968
Blue M: 71.0/127 357 353 155 499 370 376 496 423 195 3224 543 375 196 392 367 377 328 168 491 3237 6461
White M: 69.7/125 W: 78.0/138 338 342 146 475 364 358 474 409 183 3089 527 358 180 376 353 362 318 147 479 3100 6189
Red W: 76.6/136 297 331 137 449 347 344 423 360 151 2839 508 281 164 327 341 321 307 129 408 2786 5625

Year Built 1962
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1962)

Practice Hole Yes

Sardine Can Golf

Played a SIX HOUR round today. They pack the course like sardines and we waited over 20min on every par 3 due to all the 5 somes. Started 30 min late too. Horrible course management.

Golf now tee times

Ariived on time for our 812 tee time. Starter did not have a tee time in system we had to wait til after 9 to go out. This should be corrected starter stated it was happening all morning.

Aeration

It would have been nice if someone at the course or with GolfNow, would have notified us that aeration just started. It would have also been nice if we didn’t have to pay the standard rate on a course that is getting aerated. It also would make more sense to aerate the greens from front to back or vise versa not from left to right.

Slow Play - No Marshals - Great Burgers

The good news...the BBQ and food service team always do a great job. The bad news...It took 3 hours to play the front nine. Had a 1230ish tee time but teed off 20 minuets late. There seemed to be a lot of fivesomes on the course. We did not see any marshals so we were completely frustrated at the turn. I talked to the starter and we ended up playing the front nine again in 1.5 hours. I like the course and would recommend it for the right time slot but have a difficult time coming back when management cannot run the show. Public golf courses need to police their courses and push people along. Do the managers of these courses read these reviews? Other reviews recently are similar.

Greens punched. No warning

Unfortunately there was no warning as to the hole punched greens. I would not have booked here had i known.

Poor pace of play

Extremely poor pace of play. Ruined the mood. Waited 20 minutes after tee time to tee up. The entire day consisted of waiting for groups ahead with no marshal in sight. Front 9 was 2 hours and 30 minutes. Did not complete back 9 and it amounted to 5 hours leaving early. I would not recommend this course for what you pay for.

9 Holes in 3 hours!!! NEVER AGAIN!!

Booked 18 holes through Golf Now and each tee time allows you to book from 1 to 4 players. When we showed up at the course they put us in a fivesome!! I asked the club staff if this was in error and he said no. We had one walker hitting from the blue tees, we were riding and hitting from the white tees and we had two ladies riding and hitting from the yellow tees. Every group going off was a fivesome!! The walker playing with us said this was normal. We should have been warned by Golf Now or the clubhouse before we made the reservations. Took us a ridiculous 3 hours to finish nine holes so we quit. Saw a Marshall out one time and he was doing nothing because what could he do?? This course obviously only cares about their net profit!! Never again!!

Best Course in Long Beach

Flat but lots of trouble to avoid. Well maintained, not too long from the blues but still fairly challenging. Always enjoy playing this track

One of the best local courses in town

The course has demanding tee shots because the fairways are lined nicely with tall trees. Slight dog legs make it even more challenging yet so fun. Par 3’s here are relatively bland but nothing to hold against the course. The layout isn’t anything spectacular but they are quirky designs to it that make each hole unique. Long (and straight) hitters could get a little bored hitting mostly wedge into the greens. Overall a great course and I love coming to play here.

Perfect season and time to golf

This is in great shape, you need to play this track as soon as you can. The fairways in great shape and one can identify the fairway to the rough. The bunkers are the best shape I’ve seen in a long time and the greens though still a bit bumpy, still roll pretty true. The staff is very professional and cordial, kudos to management for screening and highering such a high standard team!

Good Course, Price gouged me

The course is in good shape. Good true roll on the greens and the fairways were also in good shape.

They were running behind and we had to wait on most holes. Pace of play is usually OK when you tee off by 7:30 AM on Friday but this time was slow.

My big issue is that I made a tee time for 4 and one person had to cancel last minute. I informed the club house when we checked in. They didn’t give us anyone from the wait list and then charged me for a no show.

This same thing has happen tons of times and I have never been charged by the course. Really tacky move by the course. They were free to give us a walker (there were plenty of them) and the chose not to. Why should I have to pay extra when hey have people waiting?

Much better than Skylinks

Always thought the best public course in Long Beach was Skylinks until I played El Dorado. Granted i shot on a Mon morning when its typically no busy, but it was very enjoyable. Greens were in great condition, layout is fairly easy but makes it challenging from the tips, all is pretty good. will play again for sure.

Value.

This course is a great value for the dollar. Played twilight at less than $20.00 each. With cart! The fairways are beat up and in need of some serious attention. The greens are in good condition. Enjoyed the round and made some new friends. We'll be back.

Early tee times have plusses and minuses

Teed off in second group. It is before it is even light out so you need glow balls, flashlights or an incredibly good sense of where your ball SHOULD end up. It wasn't until the second green that we could fully see. I guess the course needs money. So the positive is that you don't have anyone in front of you and you can play fast! That is great, you play fast UNTIL you hit the people who teed off on the back nine for a nine hole rate. So bottom line with a foursome, we played the front nine in about 1 hour and 35 minutes which is very nice (even at the cost of a couple holes of basically in the dark). But because we caught the back niners on the 12th hole, the back nine took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Between the 5somes that they allow and the back nine groups, there is no way to play at a reasonable pace. The course itself was in good shape, the greens in particular are very good. We live in a busy metropolitan area but I wish we could play a reasonably quick round of golf without paying $150.

Los Alamitos, California