Staff Friendliness

St. Croix National Golf Course is a championship course that is tucked away amongst rolling, wooded hills. This scenic course is one of western Wisconsin's hidden gems. The undulating landscape covered with mature trees can seem intimidating but the layout was designed with spacious fairways and bailout areas that act as an excellent balance to the more challenging elements. The well conditioned greens putt fast and true, acting as a perfect complement to the beautiful scenery. There are strategically placed bunkers and water hazards coming into play but it is the topography will truly test your accuracy as well as a variety of other skills. St. Croix National G.C. also boasts a driving range perched high above a valley that collects the practice shots. It is the perfect preparation for the challenges of the golf course.
Saint Croix National Golf Club
Scorecard for St. Croix National Golf Course
Black M: 74.0/134 389 336 212 569 418 576 152 428 426 3506 428 311 507 442 421 149 395 190 560 3403 6909
Blue M: 72.8/128 346 328 194 560 404 557 142 389 388 3308 400 297 490 412 397 136 382 182 540 3236 6544
White M: 70.1/125 W: 75.8/139 320 320 141 497 390 543 128 352 366 3057 382 277 476 371 361 116 373 174 515 3045 6102
Gold W: 71.9/129 288 260 136 439 337 472 99 263 265 2559 363 248 436 330 309 101 299 117 446 2649 5208

Year Built 1996
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Joel Goldstrand

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2016 #18)

Hot day, No water,

Yes it was a Monday afternoon, but still no water or cart person. One vending machine after Hole 9. Forgot to ask if there was a cart person. But also wasn't informed. I've seen this course in better shape year before. Understaffed.
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Layout Average
Response from St. Croix National Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the amenities provided when you played. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you will be able to have a better experience the next time you golf with us.

1st timer

Played for the first time wow what a great choice. I am a fan of the courses that have lots of elevation changes and this one didn’t let me down. I have become fond of Mississippi national highlands,Summit,and Siren National now I am adding this course to my favorites list. Excellent shape great staff, gps carts and am fully stocked club house. Lots of challenges the entire round. Definitely bring my golfing friends here.
Off-course amenities Excellent

Beautiful course!

This is one of the most scenic courses that I have played. Lots of elevated tee boxes! The carts have much needed GPS to help guide your play. It’s a pretty tough course for the average golfer but the views are spectacular!
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Average

Meh, not bad...had higher expectations

Lots of blind shots, good thing for gps on the carts because layups were constant. Greens were recently aerated which was wierd for early July. Couldn't get food after our round around 530p, kitchen was closed. Spent a fair amount of time looking for golf balls since we couldn't see where they were landing because of all the blind shots, this slowed the pace of play down considerably.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Poor
Response from St. Croix National Golf Course on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for coming out to play St. Croix National Golf Course and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that the course did not reach your expectations, but we hope that you enjoyed your day. Thank you for the feedback for our course. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff, and we will be working hard to improve the course. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Course is Beautiful - But Golfnow Hot Deal May Not be Honored

I was informed by the staff at the Pro Shop that unless they are able to pair you with someone you pay more for your cart than what you originally paid GolfNow. In other words it is really "with 1/2 of cart. When I told them that is not what the deal states all I got was an argument. Beware, they may not honor your hot deal.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Average
gonz2
Commented On 07/03/2018
I don't think my comment was understood. To be clear; if I cannot be paired with anyone SCN expects me to pay the other half cart cost to ride by myself. That's not what the offer states. It states that I am paying a price that includes a cart. There are no other contingencies for this offer as it relates to cart costs.
SCNGOLF
Commented On 07/03/2018
Thank you for playing SCN. Your golf experiance with us is very important and we can usually accommodate a single rider. However, the tee sheet was completely full and all inventory is sold by seat and not by cart by our Vendors (GolfNow and TeeOff) booking engines. 1/2 carts are customary sold with all golf courses. We have some open inventory this week and welcome you back. In the meantime, we hope you enjoyed meeting a fellow golfer:) Thanks again for your patronage.

Tough course

This is a tough course with many blind shots. Very hilly with greens that are very elevated or well below your shot. Pretty narrow with thick foliage and trees. Easy to lose balls but if you search you can find many, just not yours. The course was in great condition despite a lot of rain the previous day. There were some wet spots but for the most part it was not muddy. The greens were in great condition and rolling quick. The course can be had if you hit it straight or play somewhat conservative off the tee. But don't expect it to yield many birdies.

Beautiful course - Bring Your A Game

Lots of shots with uneven stances. Greens were challenging to read and fast. Blind drives some with rough of 150 yards or more in front require you to execute clean drives. Elevated greens challenge club selection. Enjoy the beauty and be happy with your score - it's not an easy course.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
This course has some challenging terrain. The course is beautiful and in really good shape.
Staff Friendliness Good

Outstanding

If you want to see where your golf game is this is your course. Course is forgiving if you hit fairways. A must play if you are in the area. Staff is outstanding and course marshal keeps pace of play. Will play again.
Off-course amenities Excellent

Great venue

Course was in excellent shape Greens especially nice Well maintained and GPS on golf course really helps Staff friendly and courteous Extremely pleasurable day!
Pace of Play Good