Slope N/A
Heartwell Golf Course

Year Built 1962
Greens Poa Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1962)

Carts Yes - $8

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Snails pace

This is a good course to bring out 3 clubs and work on that short game. You get a lot of weekend warriors here. The range is up to 275 yards, half the Mats available so get early if you want a bucket warm up before playing. Practice greens closed still.

Course is nice. The greens are getting beat up but to be fair, it doesn’t go over 140 yards. Chipping is a must have here. Especially putting. I used to play here as a child good to come back and see it still here

Great place to sharpen your short game!

For a par 3 course it has a lot to offer. Very friendly staff, nice restaurant and generally well kept-up grounds. I saw at least 3 Dads out there teaching their young ones the game of golf. Warms my heart when I see that. The course layout is simple and straight-forward, and worth every bit of the 17 bucks I spent there.

Since there is no other way of contacting you in a easy email

You sent this email

Dear Michael Cherry,

Heartwell Golf Course has notified us that you did not arrive at the course for your scheduled tee time on Saturday, June 27, 2020. Heartwell Golf Course requests that we collect the green fees for no-show tee time reservations. Your credit card will be charged in the amount of $19.50.

Thanks,
The GolfNow Team

Here is my reply:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!
Why are they saying that. We showed up, I confirmed my name with the girl sitting at the table and Jack Valente(one in our party) paid for all 3 of us (4ht in the party couldn't make it)
Don't even think about charging my cardAlso, tell Heartwell I will never golf there again. This is just wrong, we were right on time.Probably won't book through your site anymore. Automatically, without even checking with me and taking their word for it, you're going to charge my card and just assume they are right? Totally unfair.

Pace of Play

I understand that since all the courses are recently opening there is going to be lots of players out. Just stop letting groups of 5 and 6 go out! It’s really frustrating especially when it’s just my wife and I behind them.

Great time

The course was great. Pretty full but at a par 3 18 how much could you really wait. It made for a great round with my son and his buddies. The staff allowed us to tee up an hour early and birds were had. The only negative issue was we were cut short at 16 holes because they did not turn the lights on. And with the COVID 19 measures no food or drinks and lights. We were happy to play as many as we did. Better to be safe and thankful they stick to the measures and open for business.

Escape from the Lockdowns of King Gavin

Was looking for a place to play a round of golf with my wife who is just taking up the game. Chose Heartwell based on availability from Golfnow. Course is likely in the condition that it was due to limited upkeep during King Gavin's lockdown. Highly recommend this course for people taking up the game as it is fairly straight forward and relatively short. Hoping that the conditions improve once the lockdowns end

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Golf now charging my credit card even though I did play and payed there.

Heartwell golf course agreed to change my tee time to 130 pm intend off 430pm. We had a great time. The folks at Heartwell assured me they would take care of this situation. Golf now has sent me an email saying they are going to charge me for being a no shoe. Hope we get this issue straightened out.

Unable to cancel

I was trying to make a reservation for the following week and accidentally picked the next day. I tried multiple times to contact the golf course but they never answered the phone nor was there any way to leave a message. I even made golf now aware of the situation but to no avail was still charged the full rate for 3 green fees when all I wanted to do was adjust the date and still actually play golf at this course. Very disapointing.

Classic mini Bell Design

Lots of fun little target holes. Greens were rolling great. A little spongy, but they need to be with the amount of play this probably gets. With that being said they sure didn’t look beat up at all. Joined a cool local twosome on the back nine and had a great time.

Course is in good condition.

Very good course to practice your short game. Good pace of playing and great driving range facilities.

front nine pace was great.-about an hour. back nine took
one and one half hour. Reason people were starting at the tenth hole. therefore two groups were waiting on each hole. BAAD

Golf in lights

Par 3 course under the lights. Greens were in nice shape quicker than what I remember. The sand in the bunkers was hard similar to after rain but it was a dry hit day. A couple holes weren’t well lit because tree branches were blocking the lights. The guy in the pro shop was still lazy as I remember.

Good even for advanced players; top quality for beginners!

The greens were crazy receptive and spongy; holds almost anything coming in with some trajectory. Look, come here to play with a beginner or just work on your approach under 140 yards. It is a good course for a beginner and even advanced players could walk away feeling good about their time.

Friendly Staff, Great Cafe, Perfect for a casual day of short game practice.

The staff member at the counter was friendly when we arrived. And made my friend feel at home for his first time on a golf course. She let him know what the best deals were to get some balls and assisted with loaning him a few clubs.

It was a slow Sunday and the course was busy but for the price Heartwell is in pretty decent condition. I’d say it’s a fair value for what you get.

At the turn we stopped and had burgers and beer in the cafe and the food was good.

If you are looking for some short game practice (no hole is over 140yds ... a few are 90 or less) at just a little more money than the price of a bucket of balls at most ranges, you can’t go wrong with playing at Heartwell.

Best value for the money

Great course to practice using your irons. Heartwell is a par 3 golf course. The course was in excellent condition.

Know Your Regulars

My girlfriend and I having been playing this course since 2009, yes, ten years. I’ve seen the same lady in the clubhouse all this time, and she doesn’t even remover who we are. Or maybe she does, but it doesn’t mean anything to her. We play David L. Baker just as much and every time we show up there they remember our names and greet us like we’re members! And that really means something to us. Take care of your regular players!! At least acknowledge them.... Kim!

Lakewood, California