Trappers Turn Golf Club offers 27 holes of championship golf that stretch across scenic terrain that was carved by glaciers. The holes are divided into the Lake, Canyon, and Arbor nines, which can be played in three different 18-hole combinations. Andy North and Roger Packard collaborated to design all of the holes. The Arbor/Lake Course starts with the newest nine, which was added in 2000. This nine is known for its scenic views since it has the Rocky Arbor State Park as its neighbor. The Lake nine has four holes that wrap around the 13-acre Mystic Lake. It has a links-style design that incorporates a variety of elevation changes in addition to the water features. Trappers Turn also has a practice facility with a driving range, putting and chipping greens, and six target greens.

Trappers Turn Golf Club
Scorecard for Arbor/Lake
Gold M: 73.5/136 357 502 160 434 367 441 217 524 425 3427 435 377 614 213 344 193 377 444 534 3531 6958
Blue M: 71.6/130 340 490 149 419 339 425 174 487 420 3243 419 351 576 178 320 167 361 394 504 3270 6513
White M: 68.6/124 W: 73.7/132 326 430 129 357 270 404 144 451 403 2914 314 323 527 144 303 148 345 361 480 2945 5859
Red W: 69.4/121 263 395 115 310 211 371 134 368 349 2516 257 264 453 113 270 137 296 312 431 2533 5049

Year Built 2000
Architect Andy North Roger Packard (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Kalahari Golf Academy at Trappers Turn"
Practice Hole Yes

Trappers Turn

Nice track. 3 very different 9s Cart path only today made the Canyon course more challenging. Arbor was more open and straightforward.

Friday Morning Golf

My son and I played 18 holes on the Canyon and Arbor Courses. With all the rain we have had and the cold we did not know what to expect. Wow. Fabulous. Fairways were beautiful and al but a couple of the greens were perfect and true. The service is first class from Cart drop to the finish. The course personnel are courteous and adhere to Course etiquette. Impressive way to start the Wisconsin Season.

Great Greens

Played Arbor/Lake and it is fantastic, great layout and fast greens !!!

Smooth round

Conditions were perfect, the course was impeccable, and the staff was courteous and professional. What an amazing round of golf. Highly recommended.

Another gem in the Dells

Trapper's Turn is located on the outskirts of the Dells, so after driving through waterpark and touristy madness on the strip, the scene returns to nature with beautiful woods and trees. It's here that Andy North, a native in the Badger state, built a 27-hole course that delivers one heck of a day of golf and Midwest hospitality.
I loved everything about the Canyon-Lake routing except for the very difficult first hole. From there, it is infinitely fun with a nice mix of scoring holes and challenging ones with strategic twists.
What really surprised me was the food-and-beverage operation in the large clubhouse. Thankfully, I played on Sunday morning and finished just in time to splurge on an all-you-can-eat prime rib Sunday brunch.
That night, I returned for a fine meal, kick-started by an appetizer of Wisconsin's largest cheese curds. Yum.

Trappers Turn

Great course really fun to play every time I play here it is in amazing shape and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend checking this gem out if you are going to be in the Dells area

Andy

Very good condition,excellent value for money,very friendly staff

Great conditions

The course was in excellent condition considering the weather we have had. Kudos to the grounds crew.

Every hole had the "wow" factor!

Loved everything about the entire complex! Will admit though... hole #18 on the Canyon course totally kicked my butt!!

Fall foliage peak

Beautiful time of the year to enjoy this course. Played the Canyon and Arbor.
Fallen leaves are always a challenge. GPS on cart is very helpful. Always a fun time.

Fun layout

Greens in great shape except on Canyon 9 which were recently aerated.

Over saturated fairways and poor putting greens

For a person who plays golf 4-5 times per week I was very disappointed on the course conditions. The fairways were over watered, standing water in bunkers, and the food is a bit over priced. Staff was awesome, however, I wouldn't recommend paying more than $30 for 18 holes and a cart there. I was really looking forward to playing there again since the last time I played at Trapper's was 4 years ago and I brought a good friend down telling him all about how beautiful this course is during the 2 hour drive. Completely unhappy. I've played many courses during the summer and this one is by far the worst kept course. I don't recommend anyone to play here until they can revive the patchy greens and stop watering their fairways so much.

Must Play Course In The Dells

I had heard a lot about Trappers from people in the area and that it was THE course to play at in the Dells. I was not disappointed as it gave me choices throughout every hole not just having to go driver, driver, driver every time. I play Canyon/Arbor and loved the differences of the two. Canyon can have very narrow fairways at times or immediate doglegs in the layout so you have to think about your shot instead of just stepping up and going. Arbor was a great change of pace and I enjoyed the different elevation changes especially holes 15 and 16 teeing from an elevated drop and then teeing onto an island green. I had a great $18 deal and would love to play again if I found another as $80 is a little too rich for my blood. Awesome course and a must play if staying in the dells.

Overpriced for the lack of detail

Incredibly disappointing to pay over $80 and the bunkers are not raked. Played at 7:05am so traps should've been fresh, however footprints from the previous day were evident. Also, the grass hitting in the range is full of weeds. I've played this course multiple times and it's evident the lack of detail the are putting into this course.

Great 1st Experience

My buddy and I, along with our family, stayed overnight in Wisconsin Dells. The family decided to get park passes so I started to search via Golf Now to see if there were any deals in the area. Turned out to be a very good choice as we choose Trappers Turn.

We played Arbor/Lakes. We were greeted by a young man who took our bags and placed them on the carts while we checked in. Had no problem with the check-in process. We were allowed to tee off before our Hot-Deals time. A start checked us in and we were off. Greens were rolling true and fairways were a little wet from rain the day before. It was cart path only so we didn't get to utilize the gps to our content. Course layout was challenging so you had to be precise with your tee shots. Good thing we played from the Blue tees and not the Gold. We enjoyed the challenges of all the holes.

Baraboo, Wisconsin