Type Municipal

Architect Bob Lohmann

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard , Visa , Discover

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Just a nice cource , fun to play , and in good shape

Good course

I haven't been here in years, in good shape the same as before. Only complaint is hot deals are not available for single players. If they were I would be here all the. Overall very satisfied!

Good Course Always Just Short of Being a Great Course

Mee-Kwon Park holds a special place for me. I grew up minutes away and it was one of the first courses I ever played as a kid. Last Sunday was the first time I've played the course in five years. Having seen three decades of play at Mee-Kwon, my Pros/Cons are below. NOTE: While I played Sunday and this was their first weekend open this season with COVID rules in place, I've played Mee-Kwon over a hundred times in my life. Some of this review is based on a collection of experiences.

Pros:
In the 90s and early 00s course saw some upgrades.
Clubhouse was fully renovated as were the tee boxes and some greens. Those renovations still hold up well today. Course still has a lot of character. It's short and an average golfer can score well, even from the Blue (back) tees. Greens are always slower than normal, but well maintained. Clubhouse staff is typically friendly. For a public park course, one of the best maintained in the greater Milwaukee area and surrounding counties.

Cons:
I've never seen the bunkers in good shape in 30 years. They're never raked or maintained it seems. Yardage markers are limited - the 150 is the only stake in the fairway; 100 and 200 can be hard to find. They've removed a ton of trees in the last 5 years, mainly the willows along the road on #2 and the twin trees blocking the right side green on #17. They need to bring those back or plant more elsewhere. Course feels empty without them. Course play is still managed very poorly from the clubhouse. They never have a starter nor announce groups teeing off. They are flimsy on letting groups start on #1 or #10, and as a result you can get stuck waiting at the turn behind random groups. Never understood why this was such a challenge - renovated clubhouse and plenty of people working, but groups teeing off is nothing short of organized chaos.

Overall:
Worth playing if you're in the area. As the title suggests, with a few simple upgrades and improved course management, this could be one of the better public courses in SE Wisconsin. Until then...

A personal favorite

This course is one of my favorites. They keep the rough reasonably short so you don't have too much trouble finding a stray drive. Well managed course, it was busy but pace was very good. Well maintained overall. Players could do a better job of repairing ball marks on greens.

Good times

Mee Kwon is well maintained and provides a happy and challenging experience for intermediate golfer. Great fun

A nice public course

It was a perfect weather day in Wisconsin, 80*F. I played in the first group following a mid-sized tournament. So needless to say the round was a bit slow. 4hr 50min. Could have been worse if it wasn't a scramble. The course was in good shape, greens nice and firm. Very little trouble on this course, but the rough was deep enough to penalize if you missed the fairway. Bunkers were ok, not bad to get out of if you have the skill. Some of the guys in my group lost balls in the rough even when we had a pretty good idea where to look. $56 for the non-resident rate, 18 with a cart. Not unreasonable for the area. Would play here again in the future.

Mee Kwon 1st time

Visiting from out of town I played with my 3 cousins all of who have played the course at least once. It was in great shape, the greens are very good. The only thing I wish is if they had a range to warm up on. Pace of play was a little slow but it was Saturday and I think we still got done in 4.5 hours.

Great course !

First time playing here and it was great ! The fairways were beautiful and the greens were fast. The cart girl was always around when we needed her. Afterwords we had food and beers in the clubhouse with great service ! I'll be returning.

Fathers Day at Mee Kwon

The course is in very good condition. It is a quality public venue and is a fair skill challenge as well as playable for all

The cart person however needs serious training and a fair amount of common sense. She never left the back nine on a 95 degree Fathers Day and sold us a candy bar that was pure mush. The suggestion the candy needed be put in the cooler was accepted and ignored as she moved on. You can’t make this stuff up

great course to play

Early in the year this year due top late snow but course was in great shape. Ball washers, signs etc. all in place, staff got us off early and even followed up with a phone call after my partner left his range finder in the cart. Looking forward to playing again.

Poor customer service

I bought two rounds with cart from Golf Now. I received an email that the course was “walking only”. We decided to play. To my surprise the Golf manager told his employees to make sure we paid for push carts $6/each. Wait, we paid upfront for motorized carts which weren’t allowed, but now they were making us pay for push carts. They told us to complain to GolfNow because we brought our rounds from them. Very poor customer service. The manager wasn’t there when we arrived or when we finished. He put his employees in a very uncomfortable situation as they agreed with us. They could have let us use the $6 push cart in place of the prepaid $16 motorized cart without up charging us.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin