2.2

Architect John K. Wilkins

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Awful Quality, Was lied to by staff, never coming back

I called the pro shop to ask if I could come play even though it was raining and I was told that if I arrived in a certain amount of time I could. However, when I arrived to the course before that time, the gates were locked and closed. I was lied to. That is unacceptable and I will not come to this course again until the staff at Twin Lakes rightly offers me at least my next round. I work at an area golf department and will never refer my customers to this course again unless they follow through.

Great bang for your buck course. Just 9 holes and extremely affordable especially if you walk it. Greens played true and course was empty if you get out there early enough.

Hidden Gem for Beginners

This is not a "championship course" by any stretch. No driving range and the pro shop is minimal. But I am returning to the game after a 23-year absence and have a pre-teen daughter who is just learning, and this course is a great place for beginners or any less-serious players like us. The fairways are mostly carved into the native North Carolina forest, so it has the feel of a hike in the woods. There is only one hole where you can see many houses (number 8), and number 6 and 9 overshoot the two small lakes from which the course gets its name with elevated tee boxes and greens, so this part of the course gives you very picturesque vistas. Players are sparse and the couple of times we let somebody play through they treated us like long lost relatives. We don't rally care if the fairways are basic lawn grass and there is the occasional patch of clover. The greens are kept in nice shape and that's the most important part. Price is very reasonable and the staff is very friendly. If you just want to go out and have fun in a lovely, natural setting with nice people, this is a great golf course. The course is also easy to walk, with all but one tee box quite close to the green of the previous hole.

Cheap local course

The title says it all. This is a cheap local course located just outside of Chapel Hill proper. This is a no frills course. Don't expect much in terms of service and amenities.

The course was in somewhat poor shape, and the fairways are simple mowed local grass (no Bermuda grass or anything special). the Tee boxes are of similar quality. The greens are actually quite nice, however.

The best parts about this course are that it is 1) convenient to town and 2) kind of a hidden course. During my trip out, I was one of about 8 people on the entire course. I will be bringing my spouse back with me so she can learn the game without worrying about faster, and more serious players rushing us during her early rounds.

Difficulty Extremely Easy