Lake Wisconsin Country Club is located on the outskirts of Prairie du Sac, just a 30-minute drive from both Madison and the Wisconsin Dells. The golf course is quite short at 5,881 yards, which makes it pleasantly walkable, but it is certainly not an easy course. The front nine plays across rolling hills while the back nine is centered upon the manmade Lake Wisconsin. The bunkering throughout the golf course is minimal, but it is strategic and fair. The small, fast greens have enough undulations to give them some character but they are not overly difficult though the tricky doglegs shaped by stands of mature trees will test your accuracy. The par-3 12th hole is the signature thanks to a challenging island tee. Lake Wisconsin Country Club's 16th hole also has a memorable tee shot between two towering oak trees followed by a short iron to a well guarded green that backs onto the Wisconsin River.

Lake Wisconsin Country Club

Year Built 1929
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Golf Season April 1 thru November 1
Architect Yngsdal & Boehmer

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2017 #25)

Lake Wisconsin

Had a really fun round, even though we didn't play as well as we normally do, plus the shaft broke on one of my scoring clubs so put me at a disadvantage on a couple of holes. Weather phenomenal, great day.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/27/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club.

There was stormy weather up to an hour of our tee time. Two of our foursome had a hour and half drive so they canceled. The course would not give us a refund or credit and said I had to deal with Tee-Off or GolfNow. I have yet to contact them.
As far as the Lake Wisconsin course it was in excellent shape and plays difficult with some tight fairways and dog-legs. I’m playing it again in a few days, that in itself attests to how I feel about the course.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, u314159937855. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Nice little place for a quickie

The course is pretty short, but it is tight in the right spots to make it challenging enough for all. Could easily play with only hitting a few drivers if you're long enough. Most of the green are elevated and smaller with some good undulation. Even though the back nine is short with 4 par 3's, they are all different enough. Play the blues (remember, it isn't a long course) for some extra cool shots on the par 3's along the river. Beverage cart doesn't take cards, so bring your cash. The conditions were pretty average, but in a good way. If you're looking for Blackwolf Run grass, you won't get it; but it is certainly nothing that will disappoint 95% of the golfers. A few of the tee boxes were a little long for my liking, but still acceptable. The grass was in good shape and the greens were quick and also in good shape for being a little public track. We played in 3 hours, even with a couple of old codgers in front of us that wouldn't let us through.

I'd play here again if I was in the area and the price was right.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beautiful setting

The course layout made for a great round. Front nine on the bluff and back nine along the lake. Quite picturesque.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (608) 643-2405 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Lake Wisconsin Country Club!

Enjoyable Day

Good pace of play - just under 4 hours. Some waiting because we were a rwosome. Greens were excellent and putted very consistently. Fairway mowing was in progress while we played.
Played off the white tees and some of the holes are fairly short, but makes for good scoring, especially for seniors. Shot 76 on a par 70 course with lots of birdie opportunities. Thought I had a chance to shoot my age, but a DB on 16th hole ended that hope.

Beautiful course

Nice course, people and good food. What could be better?

Commented on 06/04/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club.

Fun course with excellent conditions

Lake Wisconsin CC is a charming, scenic par 70 course less than 45 minutes from Madison. The General Manager (Jon) couldn't have been more accommodating in spite of virus issues. They are using "pool noodles" in the cups to make it easy to retrieve your ball, but this still allows normal play. Must better than "raised" cups! Tee times were 10 minutes apart, the pace was excellent and there was a beverage cart on the course.

The layout is shorter and tighter than most, a ball striking course which gives everybody opportunities to score even if you don't hit it a mile. The greens are small and fast with subtle undulation which makes them challenging and fun to putt. The course was in excellent condition for May 1, greens will get faster in the summer but are certainly not slow now. The sandy soil tends to drain well. I was impressed with all the work they have done recently on their great collection of large trees, they had considerable trimming done and I noticed at least a dozen new trees.

I really enjoy playing Lake Wisconsin CC and try and get there several times a year.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Well maintained course

First time playing and found the course was very well taken care off. Food was good. Staff was friendly. Nice scenic views on some holes as well.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Very fast and contoured greens made it extremely challenging. Superb conditions. Opportunities are out there to score low but danger is there if you are erratic.

Unplayable but they’ll take your green fees

Aeration during a mud storm. They literally were shoveling mud into carts it was so bad. They couldn’t have cared less when we complained.

Unplayable conditions!

Upon arrival discovered they were aerating the course. What a mess. It was a huge mud bath. They had guys out literally shoveling mug into utility vehicles. Most courses tell golfers when they are aerating and if I’d have known I would have played elsewhere. And I don’t know who did the project, but I’ve seen better farm fields after plowing! I complained, but the guy just blew it off. What a waste of 2 greens fees and a cart.

Lodi, Wisconsin