Summer Grove Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Jeff Burton Joe T. Jemsek (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2014 #12)

Entertaining Clients 16

Best semi-private best kept secret south of Atlanta

I’ve been playing Summergrove for the last 3-4 years. Although I’m not a member now, I have been in the past and would still be if I weren’t moving out of state. Great membership value, great clubhouse, pro shop, and bar. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Golf course is always in great shape, I don’t like it when the greens are aerated, but I know its necessary. Course plays well for all golfing levels. On the down side, weekends are busy so play is slow, but that is to be expected for the best semi-private club in the metro Atlanta area. Also there are a couple of fairways that tend to get a little flooded after a heavy rain, but, they recover fairly quickly. May seem a little pricey for some, but you can’t find a better course in metro Atlanta.

Summer Grove is always a great time

Great layout and got paired up with two great guys! Course is always good and greens were rolling nice. Two things for me. The Golfnow told us that it was that time because you were punching. I wish I would have known before because playing all 18 was the goal and we could only play the back and not both sides. I get it but I would have reconsidered if I had known. Bob in the pro shop is the man. Had a change of plans and Bob worked with me. I appreciate that alot. A must play in the southwest section of Atlanta. You cannot go wrong here!!!!!

Good for the money but they don’t like kids playing.

Played this course a few times years ago when they first opened. Was extremely hard. Still need to know the member bounces but not as hard as before. The only problem I have is I was told next time if I buy a hot buy sale tee time I’ll be put with another group. No problem playing solo I’d expect that. But don’t tell me if I want to ride in one cart with my 7 YEAR OLD son I’ll have to pay for him to play as well. Plenty of other places to play that love to have kids and won’t charge as if he’s an adult playing.

Summer grove

Great course for the price. Good mix of challenging holes and a few par 3's. I was in town on business so didn't have clubs and there rental price of 25 dollars for a decent set was very fare. Friendly staff, fully stocked pro shop and nice bar. Greens were in great shape I would recommend playing here as after as possible. Played it twice in two weeks and had a great time. Great place to enjoy a round!

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for playing Summer Grove. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in town.

Coming along nicely

Old management was awful and could care less for the golf course. It had gotten really bad. Best thing owners could have ever done was bring Wyatt in. Doing a great job getting course back in shape. Great course especially for being public and getting a ton of play being one of only 2 public courses in newnan. Course is in the best shape it’s been in in 3-4 years.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Yes, Wyatt is the best and we are lucky to have him as our General Manager. We are happy your are enjoying the course. We look forward to seeing you again!

Great Shape

Course is in as good of shape as I’ve ever seen it. Had a great round.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for the rating. and the comments about our course conditions. We hope to see you soon!

Excellent condition

Excellent course all around. Go play and enjoy your self

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for the rating and comments. We hope to see you soon!

Commented on 06/30/2019

Thank you for the 4-star rating. Please come back and see us again this summer.

Good quick round!

Greens and fairway in great shape. Good quick round on a pleasant afternoon. Great value and convenient location.

Commented on 06/30/2019

Thank you for playing Summer Grove. We hope to see you again this summer.

Maintenance staff ignorant of ettiquiette

Round impacted by clueless greenskeepers operating loud equipment oblivious of golfers on the hole. Back nine interrupted on 6 of 9 holes by workers. Manager of ground crew either is clueless, does not train employees, or needs to be reassigned.

Commented on 06/30/2019

Thank you for letting you know about your experience at Summer Grove. We apologize for the maintenance crew being in your way and not having proper etittique. We have discussed it with the crew. Thank you again for making us aware of the situation.

Great course in great conditions. The staff is awesome, too. Love playing here.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for taking time to rate your experience with us. We are happy your enjoyed your day with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Coming along nicely

New management working to get course back in shape. Course gets a lot of play now with being public. Give the new management time to fix the mess the old management left it in.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for taking time to notice the changes at Summer Grove and share them.. Please feel free to stop in and speak to our new GM Wyatt Detmer on any suggestions in regards to making Summer Grove the best experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Course was in great shape, as always. Good layout. Use every club in the bag.

Commented on 06/18/2019

We are thrilled you enjoyed your day with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for taking time to rate your experience with us. Please feel free to reach out to our new GM Wyatt Detmer with suggestions to make your experience at Summer Grove better.

Nice Course

I was just passing through on business and decided to stop and play this course. It was a delightful experience. The tee boxes, bunkers, fand greens are all in very good condition. The fairways were in pretty good condition but given the fact that it was Tuesday afternoon and it rained a lot over the weekend it is likely that they usually are up to the same standard as the rest of the course. The course is challenging especially for a first timer but it is not a course that is overwhelming. On several holes it is of great value to know where your Tee shot should land for your approach to the green. The layout and the 5 options for tee boxes allow every level of golfer to experience a enjoyable but challenging experience The staff is very friendly. I will make the 50 mile drive in the future to play this wonderful little course

Commented on 05/16/2019

Thank you for your review of Summer Grove. We are thrilled you enjoyed your day with us and liked the course layout and conditions. We look forward to seeing you again this summer!

Nice Course

Solid, no tricks. Moderately challenging. Mental par four across water and pretty difficult 9th hole.Liked Course.

Commented on 05/16/2019

We are happy you enjoyed Summer Grove. It is a great track for any handicap. Please come back and play again this summer!

Fun Track in Newnan

First time on course. Day started with a warm greeting in the Pro-shop followed by hitting balls on a very nice grass range.

Starter was a delight to speak with while awaiting to tee off.

With all of the rain this winter, this course was very well maintained. Grass was good and course condition was dry, fast and beautiful.

Greens had just be aereated, so I cannot really comment on greens other than there are a few holes where getting to the correct level was very important.

Luckily for my son and I, we got paired up with someone familiar with the course. Critical to have some local knowledge - particularly #5 and #6 and a few greens on the back where you could find yourself on the wrong level.

I look forward to playing here again.

Commented on 04/21/2019

We look forward to having you back and now that you have the "local knowledge" you will really be able to shoot a low score! See you soon!!

Request A Vacation Quote From Cog Hill Golf and Country Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Cog Hill Golf and Country Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020