Lost Marsh Golf Course

Year Built 2004

Clubs No

Walking Allowed No walkers on weekends until 1pm.
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. No tee shirts, tank tops, jerseys or denim.

Perfect Windy Day

It was a day that was clear enough to see the city of Chicago 20+ miles away. Very windy but perfect. One of those days where you couldn't just go to the ball and hit a shot. You had to judge the wind or get your shot off just before a gale came up.

Had a ton of fun

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Ebeckles, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Lost Marsh Golf Course in spite of the windy conditions and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Nice Course. Challenging but fair

Played on a Tuesday with a GolfNow stranger. We had a great time. The course was practically empty. We finished in 3 hours. The course was in excellent shape. Greens roll true, with few ball marks. Fairways are wide. Many interesting uphill and downhill shots required. The first 5 holes are challenging and require good shotmaking with a bit of target golf. My pick-up partner was friendly and we had a great time. I’ll play this course again.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions and our layout to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/18/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, sergeantmarquez. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 09/18/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, pnnst1414. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

The smell of a dead animal, the stench is bothersome., from the first hole to 5 th hole.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice course, close to Chicago. STANK

This is typically a solid course to play when coming from downtown Chicago. It is always in good shape, challenging (esp the first 5), and very convenient. When we played there this past Saturday, however, it smelt so bad that it was hard to play. I do not know what it was and the smell was not familiar. I thought the smell would dissipate after the first 5, once the water holes stop, but it was even rancid on the back 9 too. I don't know if I will ever play here again because it smelt like a wet dog that puked all over. Awful.

Also, the marshal was driving down the middle of the fairways. Bizarre.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hi, STLGolfer30. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great Track

Love playing Lost Marsh. As other reviews state, the first 5 holes are challenging (bring extra balls) but the view from the first tee is incredible. You can easily forget you are in NW Indiana because it feels like Florida golf...almost. After you get through the first five holes, the course gets a lot easier with some driveable par-4s and more of a links-feel that will make you feel like you're up the road at Harborside. Great halfway house that you pass after the 7th and 11th holes, and there is almost always a beverage cart out. My only knock on this course is the pace, it will take you at least 4.5 hours on a weekend but thats more due to the course's design than poor management. Grass driving range with a nice short game area and a very nice clubhouse. This course is only about 30 minutes from the Chicago loop and costs about $30 less than you would pay at Harborside. Lost Marsh is perfect for city golfers who are up for a challenge.

Commented on 09/10/2019

ChicagoGolf3493, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Great Chicagoland course!!

Love this track. It’s challenging, has character, and has great clubhouse atmosphere. Only downside is they stack the tee times up to a point where you are 5-10 minutes behind pace after the first tee shot. Expect a ranger to find you on 8 9 or 10 to tell you how behind you are... even when you are waiting for the group in front to putt out. This is the ONLY problem I have with this course but I still find myself back there every weekend.

Tough track

Not too long but tough ... bring a lot of balls. Lot of fun

Commented on 07/18/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

$33 Steal

I got a deal for $33. This has got to be one of the best courses in the area and to find for that price was icing on the cake. I took one of my buddies from out of town to play and the course is difficult in spots, but it’s in great shape. I’m not a great golfer, but really enjoyed myself despite the difficulties on certain holes. Highly recommend this track for pretty much any price, but it was a steal for $33.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Commented on 07/09/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Great course, fairly challenging

A couple ball divots on the green otherwise would be 5 stars. Great layout, definitely have to hit your shots here or you'll be going through a few sleeves of balls.

Commented on 07/02/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Over booked, Too slow

What a waste of time, waiting for backed up groups, Played 9 holes in 2:45. I asked for a refund, for 9 holes, because, I would not spend another 3 hours in the heat at Lost Marsh.
They told me to contact Golf Now, and they would call the pro shop to verify I played . Golf now would credit my account, well, Golf Now Customer service closes a 4:00 cst, that is unacceptable. Plus, the wait is forever when you call, made me feel like a real vip, what a joke!

Commented on 05/31/2019

We hope you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, edward5358981. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Awesome Course

Beautiful course & facilities with large practice area and beautiful clubhouse. Course was very well kept. First five holes are wild and pretty challenging but a ton of fun. Only knock on the course was the on-course staff could have been a little friendlier. Clubhouse & starter were great but once we got on the course we had a ranger come and take notes on something on our cart on more than one occasion while we were putting and never spoke to us. Another employee told us to hurry up and catch up to the group in front of us who was halfway done with 2 when we teed off on 1 and a threesome behind our foursome never waited on us once so our pace of play was completely fine.

Links Type Feel

1st time playing in a while. Perfect course to get back in the swing of things. Good balance of easy and hard holes. Lots of winds at times making it feel like Scotland, but that was great.

Great clubhouse with views of the course and view of downtown Chicago on a clear day.

Commented on 04/09/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Book another round with us soon!

Commented on 04/09/2019

Thanks for the outstanding 5-star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hammond, Indiana