Lost Marsh Golf Course

Clubs: No

Walking allowed: No walkers on weekends until 1pm.
Dress code: Proper golf attire is required at all times. No tee shirts, tank tops, jerseys or denim.

Tournament 72 6803 yards 73.6 132
Championship 72 6370 yards 71.6 127
Player 72 5859 yards 69.2 122
Player (W) 72 5859 yards 74.2 127
Regular (W) 72 4972 yards 69.3 117

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards forced carries thick rough   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

williamse's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

"HORRIBLE PACE ON WEEKEND MORNING"

HOTSPOTTS's avatar
Illinois Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Lost Marsh is in nice shape and well maintained. Driving Range, locker room showers and restaurant on the 2nd floor of the clubhouse. Proper nurse service and water jugs on course. Greens had good speed were holding but had to repair a lot of ball marks. Traps surprisingly were maintained to some decency.

Paying top dollar to tee off at 9am on Sunday morning you'd anticipate to complete your round in well under 5 hours. Wasn't the case. Waited on virtually every tee and every shot. A completely unacceptable 5 plus hour round. Downgrading by 1 1/2 stars....pace of play has always been an issue every time I've played here and regardless of when I've played it. I've experienced afternoon rounds here just short of SIX HOURS. Lots of water and trouble everywhere on the 1st 5 holes if you're not a decent player. I really like and enjoy the design of this track but I'm sick and tired of not being able to just play the course - easy to lose interest standing around watching others spray balls into the water/woods and marshes. Reluctantly recommend.....try playing early on a weekday or not at all. Cost also can be an issue. $40 value at most...3.5 stars all due to pace of play.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 07/13/2018:

Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Greens need work"

John3790007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

I play here at least 8-10 rounds a year and the greens are starting to look bad here. Too many golfers playing here are not being mindful of fixing their own ball marks or any at all. As a rule of thumb, I am always mindful and fix any ball marks within a 5ft radius of where my mark is. I wish more golfers at Lost Marsh would practice this. Course is very challenging nonetheless and in overall pretty good shape. Was disappointed to pay $63 given the green conditions.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

Hello, John. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Friendly and helpful staff but mediocre carts"

Bunkerman103's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

When I got there, after talking to Will on the phone I was immediately impressed by the cleaniness of the overall course and the pro shop. However when I got to the carts I was disappointed. The glove boxes and cup holders looked liked they haven't been cleaned in years. When I was done with my round me and my partner drove the cart back to the cart return. I stopped one of the young men to ask why the glove box and cup holders were so dirty. He told me that it was because when he was trained a few weeks ago that the manager who trained him told him to avoid the key area. He was polite and courteous and told me that he would clean the carts fully. Other than that the course was fantastic and I will definitely be back in the future.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.

fritorayyy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

"Good Golf"

Jerry5891768's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Greens were very true, No tricky greens,

Lots of challenging shots,and beautiful

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

Hi, Jerry. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad that you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you'll book another round with us soon.

"Father's Day Golf"

immel18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played with my two sons---a great, but hot day. Lost Marsh is an "in between" course we can all comfortably travel to. We've played the course several times in the past---always enjoyable---always challenging---always a fun round. Course in good shape---holes varied---some quite easy, some VERY challenging---a nice mix. Give it a try!

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/22/2018:

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you and your sons enjoyed the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Very good value"

Steve6755514's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

Course was in great shape, couldn’t ask for a friendlier staff. Lots of cottonwood trees surround the course so be prepared to hunt for your ball. Even in the fairway

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/22/2018:

Hello, Steve. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We glad you enjoyed the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Great course!"

Alfred3861559's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018

Great value & challenging course for all skill levels. Wind is ALWAYS a factor, so take an extra club when in doubt.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/15/2018:

Hello, Alfred. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are glad you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"OUTSTANDING"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Great course, great layout, great conditions = great day.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/15/2018:

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions, and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/05/2018:

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

"Challenging course"

hneumayer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Some unique holes and challenging course. I recommend playing often.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 06/05/2018:

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are glad that you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

cumps's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 05/04/2018:

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to review the course. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round. Please visit us again soon!

"Winter golf"

Allan2972542's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Hoping to take advantage of 70 degree temps for the first time this spring so we booked a Friday tee time. Temperature at the course was more than 20 degrees colder than where we travelled from (about 50 miles south) and the wind off the lake was freezing cold! This has happened to us before at this course and we didn't learn. Spent the turn shopping for extra clothes in the pro shop. They did have some decent deals. Staff was very friendly. Course was in great shape. They have GPS on the carts now which can be helpful. Just wish the GPS gave the distance to the water hazards. Also you cantadvance the GPS to a specific hole. On the tee box for hole 4 it was still giving the distance to the green on hole 3. Still a very fun course with a challenging layout.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 04/27/2018:

Hi Allan. We hope you were able to enjoy your round despite the temperature and the GPS issue. We're glad you found the layout, course conditions and pace to your liking. Warmer weather is just around the corner. Please visit us again soon.

"Some good, some not so good"

jimpetroskey's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

First of all, let me start by stating that Lost Marsh is one of the nicest courses in the Region, a great layout, with fine conditions. When we arrived, we found out that all of the carts were out on the course, so the lady gave each of us a ticket for a small bucket of balls. Classy! We finally loaded our carts up and teed off (slightly late), due to the massive no. of people playing that day. Course was in great shape, but several of the greens were saturated with leaves, making putting pretty difficult, if not unfair. My cart began to lose its charge, and when I called, someone came out and switched me into another cart on the 6th hole. Pace of play was terrible. After 4 and 1/2 hours, we had only played 15 holes, and decided to quit. Also, the 2nd cart I had was also losing steam, and would not have made it through another 3 holes. I love the course and will return, but never again on a week end.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/24/2017:

Hi, Jim. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the course layout, value, and our staff. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our greens, carts, and pace of play are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

"Fantastic Layout but pace of play bad"

schofir's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I love the layout of this course and been playing it since the clubhouse was a small trailer on the hill. I try and take friends from out of town there and always advise them to bring extra balls because so much water is in play on the front nine. It's often a bit slow but the pace of play this time was so bad we had to skip around and eventually only got in 14 holes, and this was a week day. The other issue is during my last few visits, they had the actual tight grass driving range area closed and they set up practice tees on the end in the high grass that wasn't cut very low. Basically, you practice in the heavy rough. Over the years, the only time I found the real range open was during an outing. Great course but need to fix the pace of play and the range issue or those in Chicago may as well go to Harborside. With the tolls, it's cheaper, with great practice areas and two courses. Lost Marsh needs an on course ranger and let us beat up the range a bit. I go there less for these two reasons alone.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 03/01/2018:

Hello, again! Thanks for another great review. We haven't heard from you since October of last year. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. hearing from such a loyal golfer as yourself that has seen the course through so much is incredible. We value your comments about our pace of play and driver range. These will be escalated to the teams in charge. We hope to see you again soon.

"Great Course but pace of play ridiculous"

schofir's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

I played this course a week ago and it was in great shape but a little soft. Heavy rains meant a couple of balls plugged in the fairway on a good drive. That happens. I honestly love this course and the facility is beautiful. However, we never saw a marshal and the pace of play was fine until we got to #9. We watched a single tee off followed by a twosome, then my twosome. We waited for 10 minutes there on for the tee shot and the approach. It got unbearable, my scores started to suffer and we skipped four holes, played #18 and left. A morning weekday round should not have taken that much time. I will hold off on going back until I hear they are doing a better job keeping guys moving.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/19/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we hope to see you again soon.

"Great challenge"

snyderj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Great test. Target golf At its finest. Very helpful with extra player. Staff was willing to help us. Will be back.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/03/2017:

Thank you for leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Intimidating front nine"

algrouprc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

You better hit your ball straight on the front nine or you will need more golf balls.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/02/2017:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!