Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 2004
Golf Season March - November
Architect Mark Mungeam (2004)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Whipped

Very challenging course. Curvy uphill and down fairways, not for sprayers. Lots of marsh and woods. Shot 13 over normal and lost 7 balls. Truth told, I was off my game.

Rangers need to be empowered to let people play through when golfers are too slow. Our round took five hours because of one group.

Please please empower the rangers to let groups bypass slow groups that do not understand golf course etiquette.

Great day at Hudson Hills

Man do I love this course. Second time playing and it was in spectacular shape just like the first time (2018). No joke from the back tees... lots of tough par 4s and the par 5s are very difficult to reach in two due to wicked placement of some waste areas. Difficult from the tips, but very fair too. And if you need less of a challenge, the whites are much more gentle, with plenty of excitement due to an outstanding layout.

Great views, kind staff, and a $40 dollar replay rate. Well worth the drive from Queens. Much better than any city course in similar price range, and only rivaled by places out east with equal or larger fees. A real treat to play!

Commented On 09/16/2019

Your feedback is important to us, mahamilto. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Challenging

Be prepared to lose a few golf balls on this course. It has some very challenging holes but does reward the golfer who keeps the ball straight down the middle.

Be forewarned the greens are very fast.

Commented On 09/06/2019

Hi RG8E632788DD476775B1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Ed P's review

Can't beat this course for value, quality, and pace of play. Course is in better condition in late August this year than others. For first timers, the course often appears unfair, but once you understand the layout it's just challenging . I can't say enough good things about the staff - always helpful and make me feel at home (like a member!)

Commented On 09/06/2019

edpirc, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Always a Challenge

With a slope rating of 129 Hudson Hills presents players with a challenge now matter how many times you play it. The front nine is the real challenge but the the last 4 holes of the back nine gets tough - particularly the approach to #17. Since its a county course the amenities are fair and the staff nice enough. Walking is not an option and not recommended. I play this about 3 times a season and always like to come back.

Commented On 09/06/2019

Hi Sheazo1055. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Commented On 08/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hudson Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hello, geoffreybernard. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Family Day Golf

Played 9 holes on this scenic course on a very hot and humid sunny day. Couldn't finish all 18 holes due to the heat. Doug the starter was extremely helpful, loaded our bags onto our carts and Andrew in the pro shop was also very accommodating. We unfortunatley got placed directly behind a twosome and a coach who was providing on course lessons, resulting in us having to wait for long periods of time to tee off at various holes, however, no one was behind us until a single player caught up to us at the 4th hole. Course was a bit damp in a couple of places and some of the greens were still being aerated. But all in all, the course was very nice and the men's locker room was recently renovated, with new lockers and a shower too. The bar area leaves something to be desired as it is squeezed into a small, long and very narrow space. I would play here again.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us paulgdg. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hudson Hills Golf Course thanks you!

Good layout

Besides holes 7 & 8, course is solid. Good layout, challenging par 5’s, and a mix of elevations.

It’s overpriced normally, as a public course, but great if you get a good deal on GolfNow.

Commented On 08/19/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hudson Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great course but very slow round

Course was in excellent condition but it took 5 hours to play. Foursome in front of us played very slow. Nobody in front of them. Ranger came by but did nothing about it.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hi, u858746795. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Hudson Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful layout and challenging but course conditions were terrible.

First time playing this course. The layout was great, nice views and challenging holes. I really enjoyed the course. Only issue was the fairways were chewed up big time, maybe an outing of hackers just came through this past weekend, but the fairways were horrendous. The greens were just aerated as well, so putting was a challenge. Great course just wish i played with better course conditions. Worth the play regardless.

Commented On 08/19/2019

HiTaylorMade89. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Challenging but Fun

I feel like “Hills” in Hudson Hills should be written in all CAPS! So many hills and so challenging, but a lot of fun and really beautiful. Course is well kept and staff was friendly. Some excess divots (wish people repaired their divots!) Good for golfers who are comfortable playing and losing a lot of balls. My dad has a 18 handicap and I have a 33 so different levels of play, but we each found it challenging in our own way. It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend.

Commented On 08/19/2019

CarrieGolfs, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Lit

Fire course. Love the updated club house and played like crap though

Commented On 08/12/2019

Matthew4021062, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Great Course Great Staff

Great day of golf today
Staff let me play back nine by myself and had a unbelievable day
No wait Beautiful course and great conditions
Unfortunately my driver broke after 3 holes but played on
Thanks again to the Staff

Commented On 08/12/2019

Hislatsbklyn. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hello, Martin6416381. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Nice challenging course.

It was a nice challenging course. Conditions were good especially considering all the rain from the day before. Appreciated the golf carts having gps given it was our first time on this course and it has a unique layout with several holes containing blind spots. The gps would alert you of.those hazards as you approached. I rated the course “average” value for the money as we had a weekday early afternoon tee time yet it felt like we were paying more like a weekend rate in comparison to most public courses in the tri-state area. A lot of the other players we encountered on the course were playing as singles which probably should have been consolidated to avoid the singles needing to play through. All in all it was a nice course in good condition on a great day!

Commented On 07/26/2019

Hi u000007516728. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Great course: very hard

This is a really nice layout with a completely different front from back nice. The front is all about placement and accuracy while the back nine opens up and distance is a premium. Overall it’s a very challenging course and if you walk off it without losing a golf ball it’s a pretty amazing feat.

Commented On 07/26/2019

u8543558, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Commented On 07/23/2019