View from #1 at Hudson Hills Golf Course

Type Public/Municipal
Hudson Hills Golf Course

Year Built 2004
Golf Season March - November
Architect Mark Mungeam (2004)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u946721470! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Live and Westchester and play Hudson Hills regularly. It’s a great deal if live in Westchester for the course.

Course is very scenic and challenging. Need to be able to hit it relatively far off the tee if hoping to score in the 80s. A lot of holes are hitting uphill so plays a lot longer than the distance.

The course workers are all super courteous and friendly. I like the course also cuz typical rounds are 4 to 4.5 hours. Only negative is that no driving range.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000004201902! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u9338397! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Commented on 03/18/2020

Hello, mnaps. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Hudson Hills Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

COVID-19 Golf

To start, I am a mid-handicapper with putting issues. Hudson Hills and the other Westchester courses are an oasis in the midst of these trying and terrifying times. As a resident of NYC, golf is now non-existent, so any open golf course within 70 miles is a welcome sight. This course is trickier than most, requiring some thought on the tees and well placed approaches into the greens. The greens were difficult because of their varied speeds, but I chalk that up to having just opened and poor weather conditions. Overall the course is in excellent shape, the staff is accommodating and polite and are cognizant of the social distancing requirements to keep golfers and staff safe. Our foursome finished in less than 4 hours, which I hear is rare for this course. I would love to play again mid season when conditions are at their peak. I thank the county for allowing these courses to operate. We need it. Be strong and be safe!

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi Justin7104541. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

The best Westchester County course

Very good layout and nicely designed holes. Bring your long game because you’ll need it. 6300 from the regular men’s tees and quite a few of the holes are straight up hill and long, and if the wind is against you, be happy with bogey. Some tight fairways and although it was early in the season, the rough right off many of the fairways will eat your ball. You need to play it a few times before you will be able to learn placement for your shots and course management. Don’t expect to show up and shoot a low number first time around. The only complaint would be nobody seems to repair ball marks on the greens, but that’s not the management it’s a public course that lets anybody out, and obviously many new to the game haven’t learned basic etiquette. Do not attempt to walk this course unless you have a couple of days to recover, or you area young mountain goat. I usually walk and carry and my pedometer is at around 7 miles at the end of the round. Here it read 10.5. And I wouldn’t want to be carrying my sticks up #15, a par 5 straight up hill that took 3 shots with my 200 yard hybrid to reach the front of the green. It’s a test, and I’ll be back even though it’s way more expensive than the 5 other county courses. But that’s because of the deal that the county entered into to acquire the course. Facilities were nicer than the other county courses and there is definitely a exceptional feel to the place for a municipal. But I will put it in the rotation, but not an every day course. This is a course for serious golfers.

Commented on 03/30/2020

roodhistory, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Slow Play

I really wanted to like this course but the terribly slow play and awkward layout made it hard. This is supposed to be the nicest of all the Westchester county courses but I didn’t think highly of it. The majority of the holes have blind shots and the holes feel like they are on top of each tower. I thought the back 9 was better than the front with more interesting holes and wider fairways. The worst aspect of the round was the terribly slow play. No ranger on the course and the starter let out a group of 12 all at the same time. This was a 5 hour round which could have been avoided. Better courses for the money in the area.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello locolos13. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 01/16/2020

Hi, u000004352433. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hudson Hills Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 01/03/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Ssadjady! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Best in Westchester county course.

Great layout.few blind landing spot .very challenging course. Bring a lot of balls.you will find a lot of balls.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Ckkimcdt. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Got better

HH has undergone some excellent improvements regarding course conditions. Someone is spending money there and the fairways and rough are being very well taken care of. There are always going to be exceptions on a public course that gets a lot of play by inconsiderate people who drive their carts close to the playing surfaces and who don't repair divots or ball marks on the greens. But overall, they are really making a go of it! The greens are slick as always and because of the speed, you need less break than you think. So be careful out there...

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us chris1742885. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hudson Hills Golf Course thanks you!

Tricky layout

Don’t think I will be back to Hudson Hills. Played on a Thursday afternoon and got behind a 5-some. Appreciate their being a ranger but no golf course should allow a 5 some
Layout of the course wasn’t that enjoyable. Tough landing areas, and sight lines from the tee boxes. Very few flat lies on the course. Staff was nice but won’t be back.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi lanesny! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 10/17/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hudson Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello, u089010625. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Hot deal is worth it

course was a little beat up with marks and divots. I like this course besides for a few holes, but for their normal prices I Find it overpriced, especially since there is no range to warm up at. It’s worth it if you can get a hot deal for sure.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hi MSD79! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

10-10-19

Course was in good shape. Staff super friendly. It was very windy that added to the tightness of course made it challenging. First time playing there. Would absolutely go back.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi lh1957. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hudson Hills Golf Course!

Public Golf in Westchester

Course was in great shape beautiful views absolute pleasure

Commented on 10/11/2019

jeffhochman, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hudson Hills Golf Course.

Briarcliff Manor, New York
Congers, New York
Tarrytown, New York
Bedford Hills, New York

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.