Golf Club of Houston

Year Built 2005
Architect Rees Jones (2005) David Toms (2005) Greg Muirhead (2005)

Clubs Yes - included

Caddies Yes
Practice Hole Yes

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 20

Astrodome of Houston golf - Don't waste your money

Tournament course is an embarrassment to our city. Makes Herman Park look like Augusta. Tee boxes were absolute mess. Many burned out areas of black dirt and sand on both fairways and greens. Only sand to hit off on driving range. Not a trash can, ball washer or water on the course. Has to be worst condition course to offer caddies in the country. They need to clean house and start over. Used to not seeing a sideways blade of grass when playing there this time of year. Crazy how quick such a great course can turn into a goat track with poor management.

Great condition

Course was in great condition. Cart path only from rain the previous day, although the course was in great shape

Great time

We played this course and was met with very professional and friendly course rangers. They explained where everything was and how the layout of the course was.

The only thing we saw, was there were not many water stations. It was a little warm and had to go to the store by hole number 1 to get drinks. The course itself looked good, but did have a few hot spots, but overall looked good.

We will definitely be back to play again

It's a tester!

First time to play Redstone/Golf Club of Houston, from start to finish it was awesome. Staff very helpful directing me. The ladies team Canada was on the range, I politely ask one to see if I was in alignment, she gave me a small piece of advice and it was extremely helpful in my round. This course is challenging with leaving very few bail-out areas, better hit it where you are looking is all I have to say. Greens were rolling true and the Chicken quesadillas were awesome. I will definitely play again.

Golf Club of Houston

Excellent course. It was wet as we had lots of rain on Friday night. The elements made what is a very difficult course even tougher but the quality of the course still made the day very enjoyable.
Will definitely play again and hope for a break from Mother Nature.

Took my son here for his 26th birthday. The course was in great shape. I’ve played here 5 times, but first time playing the tournament course. Great layout. Greens are true.

Great course in good shape. For all the rain it has had fairways and greens were good. A few of the tee boxes were not good. The marshal could have helped with pace of play. Group in front of us was slow and wouldn’t let us play through.

This is a beautiful golf course. I'm glad I finally had a chance to play the tournament course. Although it was extremely wet, I had a great time.

Great experience

Great experience... course was great with exception of dealing with Houston area weather over last few weeks with inability to have dry time. Course was a little wet, but pretty good considering what Mother Nature has been dealing... Would definitely play again for this rate.

Great Value

Challenging layout. Hit a good tee shot and you will be rewarded with a great look at the green. Houston has seen a lot of rain lately and the course was damp but in good shape. Enjoyed the range and clubhouse. Great value.

Bad day

Started off and had to play as a single because the starter sent my group of 15 min early. Good for them. Course was so wet that on the second hole I hit ball in the fairway leaving myself a shot where ball below my feet. I swung back and my feet sunk in the mud to the top of my shoes. Resulting in 3 holes to repair. The worst part of day happened on my 7 hole. There was a group of college kids standing on 8th tee hitting drive after drive until the guy's in front of me finished the 7th. The kids let them tee off. I finished as a single. The group in front of me just got to their ball. I got in my cart to go to 8 when the kids took off after their balls. I got on the tee box to watch these kids hit into the group in front. Then drop and hit again, then go to the other drives they had every which way and hit them. After 20 min of watching them tear the course up and still not go to green. I drove past them to the parking lot where I see three college buses in parking lot. Put my bag in the car and left. If this was just one group of Christian college kids not respecting the privilege of getting to play on our (Houstons) tournament course. I was not going to wait behind a course full of them the rest of the day. Do not know why golf now would offer tee time when a tournament was being played or why the Golf Club of Houston would for that matter. No respect for customers me and the group the kids were hitting into. It will be sometime for me to consider playing here again. I've yet to finish a round because of pace of play the 3 times I've played the Hot Deal after noon. 5-7 hr rounds I don't consider fun but watching kids tear up the 8th hole while waiting 20 min is definitely not what I consider a Hot Deal. Just a waste of my money.

Thee Course where the Pro’s play.

First time playing this course and it was a great experience. Knowing that the Pro’s would actually play here during the Shell/Houston Open is a mind blowing experience.

Probably shouldn’t even be open for play.

I know there has been lots of rain but this is by far the worst condition I’ve seen this course in. Tee boxes were bare and could hardy be distinguished from the rough. Fairways were swampy and bunkers were not raked. Greens looked good with new grass and roll good but very very slow. It will be weeks (at best) before this is worth playing. Probably should not have been open for play.

Course lives up to its ratings

I came expecting a tour quality course and it was. Tee boxes, bunkering, fairways and greens were all excellent in January. The course presented a solid but not overwhelming challenge. It won't make my top ten courses, but was certainly a good way to spend an afternoon.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020