Golf Club of Houston - Member Course

Type Private
Combo 72 6760 yards 73.2 133
Scorecard for Member Course
Black M: 76.7/140 414 444 577 195 436 574 474 475 448 4037 562 427 222 401 190 393 498 196 582 3471 7508
Gold M: 74.7/136 390 431 542 192 418 539 420 450 433 3815 508 413 217 394 153 377 456 182 554 3254 7069
Combo M: 73.2/133 366 383 542 163 385 539 394 418 415 3605 508 380 196 394 149 356 456 162 554 3155 6760
Blue M: 72.2/131 366 383 510 163 385 510 394 418 415 3544 481 380 196 289 149 356 431 162 529 2973 6517
White M: 70.1/126 W: 74.5/130 340 371 478 158 358 485 370 385 399 3344 454 350 163 285 112 332 404 141 499 2740 6084
Red W: 70.5/118 282 321 452 93 322 421 344 296 369 2900 422 310 129 257 86 311 379 121 469 2484 5384

Year Built 2002
Architect Jacobsen Hardy (2002)

Clubs Yes - included

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Amazing Food 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 20

Great course in good shape. For all the rain it has had fairways and greens were good. A few of the tee boxes were not good. The marshal could have helped with pace of play. Group in front of us was slow and wouldn’t let us play through.

This is a beautiful golf course. I'm glad I finally had a chance to play the tournament course. Although it was extremely wet, I had a great time.

Great experience

Great experience... course was great with exception of dealing with Houston area weather over last few weeks with inability to have dry time. Course was a little wet, but pretty good considering what Mother Nature has been dealing... Would definitely play again for this rate.

Great Value

Challenging layout. Hit a good tee shot and you will be rewarded with a great look at the green. Houston has seen a lot of rain lately and the course was damp but in good shape. Enjoyed the range and clubhouse. Great value.

Bad day

Started off and had to play as a single because the starter sent my group of 15 min early. Good for them. Course was so wet that on the second hole I hit ball in the fairway leaving myself a shot where ball below my feet. I swung back and my feet sunk in the mud to the top of my shoes. Resulting in 3 holes to repair. The worst part of day happened on my 7 hole. There was a group of college kids standing on 8th tee hitting drive after drive until the guy's in front of me finished the 7th. The kids let them tee off. I finished as a single. The group in front of me just got to their ball. I got in my cart to go to 8 when the kids took off after their balls. I got on the tee box to watch these kids hit into the group in front. Then drop and hit again, then go to the other drives they had every which way and hit them. After 20 min of watching them tear the course up and still not go to green. I drove past them to the parking lot where I see three college buses in parking lot. Put my bag in the car and left. If this was just one group of Christian college kids not respecting the privilege of getting to play on our (Houstons) tournament course. I was not going to wait behind a course full of them the rest of the day. Do not know why golf now would offer tee time when a tournament was being played or why the Golf Club of Houston would for that matter. No respect for customers me and the group the kids were hitting into. It will be sometime for me to consider playing here again. I've yet to finish a round because of pace of play the 3 times I've played the Hot Deal after noon. 5-7 hr rounds I don't consider fun but watching kids tear up the 8th hole while waiting 20 min is definitely not what I consider a Hot Deal. Just a waste of my money.

Thee Course where the Pro’s play.

First time playing this course and it was a great experience. Knowing that the Pro’s would actually play here during the Shell/Houston Open is a mind blowing experience.

Probably shouldn’t even be open for play.

I know there has been lots of rain but this is by far the worst condition I’ve seen this course in. Tee boxes were bare and could hardy be distinguished from the rough. Fairways were swampy and bunkers were not raked. Greens looked good with new grass and roll good but very very slow. It will be weeks (at best) before this is worth playing. Probably should not have been open for play.

Course lives up to its ratings

I came expecting a tour quality course and it was. Tee boxes, bunkering, fairways and greens were all excellent in January. The course presented a solid but not overwhelming challenge. It won't make my top ten courses, but was certainly a good way to spend an afternoon.

Poor Drainage Ruined What Could Have Been a Great Round

Great Greens, consistent, not overly slow especially considering overnight rain.
Fairways however literally ate tee shots. Piped drives down the middle of the fairway plugged and disappeared slowing play and put a real damper on what could have been a great round.

Disappointed

I was slightly disappointed when they told me it was cart path only. Th3 fairways were very wet and balls would plug when they hit. The greens were excellent however.

Very Wet

The course does not drain well and our balls plugged often. I guess it is due to the time of year but the course was not in very good condition compared to the first time I played it a couple of years ago. Hopefully they will get it back in shape before the pros come to play in the Fall. Would have been disappointed if we had paid full price but fortunately we were playing with a great HotDeal

First Visit

Like the layout but rain from previous days made many parts of the fairway soggy. Was surprised that there are fivesomes on Friday afternoons. Fortunately, group allowed us to overtake them.

Fun but extremely soaked

Probably should’ve closed the course. Way too wet... would lose drives in the fairway. Course overall was nice

Xmas golf

Very nice course.
Great pace.
No water buckets and no ball washers.
No trash cans either.
But very nice.

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!