Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

If You Love Golf, This Is Your Heaven

I've had this course on my bucket list for a few years, and when the opportunity came to play it, I was excited. My expectations were through the roof, so my biggest fear is that those expectations would not be met.
Well, I should have not worried about that. It EXCEEDED my lofty expectations.
From the professionalism and friendliness at the bag drop, to the ProV1's at the driving range, to the perfectly maintained course, and to no holes feeling like I had already played it, this place was amazing.
If you are looking for a place to take your buddies to for a trip, this would be a great place to go.

Beautiful Scenery and Course

We love to golf here. Its a nice course with friendly staff.

Awesome day

The starter let us out early. The front desk person was happy and friendly.. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly. The course was in excellent shape and the greens were fast as lightning..I will be back.

Awesome Course and Club

A couple friends and I drove out from the OC for my birthday. We found a great deal. We were one of maybe 7 groups on the course! We had no one ahead or behind! The staff was friendly and helpful! The course was in great condition, and it was appealing to the eyes. You felt like you could just unload on the ball the whole time. I highly recommend this course if you are in the area or near San Diego. I left my 60 degree on the 18th, and they are going to mail it to me!

Great condition!

The course is in good condition, challenging! especially putting . Staffs were friendly from the bag drop to restaurant.
We played around 4 hours with a lot of waiting, this course not for beginner and high handicaps.
It was a long drive from palm spring but overall it a great course!

Nice course Bad business

Booked 4some online. Morning of round one player cancelled for illness. Told pro shop we were a 3some,on arrival and was told "no problem". Nine days later a charge for $105 appears on my credit card for Golfnow. I was concerned someone stole my credit card info, so cancelled card. Later discovered that Rams Hill billed me for a "no show", nine days after the fact. Called pro shop and was told sorry, that's our policy. Course was empty the day we played, now I see why. I won't be back.

Worth the Drive

It is a 1:10 drive from my house in La Quinta. What a beautiful course. The fairways are wide and lush. The bent grass greens are in fabulous shape. The staff were all amazing. I had lunch after my round and the food was really good. I highly recommend taking a drive out there and playing this course..

Hidden gem

Spectacular & fun course in perfect condition in the middle of the desert, not close to any other towns. Bunker shaping is Instagram worthy. Met a member catching trout on a fly rod on #18. Great deck/ patio & food too. Very uncrowned in January. A perfect definition of hidden gem.

Just go and golf it!

There are not fitting words for how happy this place makes me, every detail, service, practice, sand, fairways, greens and carts has been so perfectly thought out. I do not like golfing the same place all the time but this place could be the one. Just go and golf it, you will want to go back!

Best course in Borrego

This course is incredible, no matter where you are on the course you get a million dollar view. Greens are the best in town. Course is very challenging but a lot of fun. If you’re in southern California I highly recommend taking a drive out here to see this beauty!

My favorite course in SoCal

Took an impromptu boys trip to Borrego Springs to play 36 holes at Rams Hill and it was a great time. It was very windy both days but the course was in terrific shape so it's hard to complain. On almost every hole the sights are gorgeous and unique. We played 18 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Bob and Jasper in the pro-shop were very friendly and helped us out with everything we needed. Larry (I think the starter) was incredible too. We arrived a little late to the course so he told us to order food and then tee off. Larry brought our food out to us on the 1st hole, first class service. Can't wait to go back.

Rams Hill is a priceless piece of property. I would pay double what they charge and let my firstborn child frolic on the fairways and my grandmother graze on the greens of this golf course paradise. A slice of heaven even if you hit a hook. Don't waste anymore time and get down to Rams Hill now!

California Advisor

Rams Hill

Rode the Blues (6369/70.9/131) with Dave, Greg and Brian in the GK Plays in 4H, 55M. Overcast and very windy in the 50's made for challenging golf weather. Thanks to John and everyone responsible for a well run event. Tom Fazio design, really like the course layout, Many holes have visually intimidating sight lines with 97 well placed traps and a decent amount of water. I understand the high slope rating. They have added combo tees, so plenty of tee options for players of all skill levels. The course is fair, not overly tight and an excellent test of golf. The tees were lush and very well maintained. Large, level with few divots, near immaculate. The fairways were lush with few divots. A couple of discolored areas but still excellent overall. The rough was also very lush. Thick and long enough to make longer clubs a chancy play. Get outside the maintained rough and the native rough is a likely lost ball. The sand traps were nicely maintained with thick, good quality sand. Almost too thick @ times. However, for a public course in a windy area with close to 100 total on this course, hard to see any course allowing daily fee players to do better. The greens were firm, smooth, medium fast and rolled well. Lots of ball marks fellow players! Definitely not as pristine as prior visits, but still very good overall. The customer service has always been excellent here. Little things like the cookie after the round and complementary water are noticed and appreciated. The pro shop staff, Starter, Marshall and Drink cart were all excellent to deal with. Full service restaurant that was doing a brisk business, friendly service. Good GPS on the carts. The setup of the all grass driving range with the complementary Pro-V range balls is top notch. Numerous grass greens set up as targets in 25-30 yard increments so you could hit almost any club and feel like you were hitting into a green. Definitely recomended.

California Advisor

Rams Hill

Rode the Blues (6369/70.9/131) with Dave, Greg and Brian in the GK Plays in 4H, 55M. Overcast and very windy in the 50's made for challenging golf weather. Thanks to John and everyone responsible for a well run event. Tom Fazio design, really like the course layout, Many holes have visually intimidating sight lines with 97 well placed traps and a decent amount of water. I understand the high slope rating. They have added combo tees, so plenty of tee options for players of all skill levels. The course is fair, not overly tight and an excellent test of golf. The tees were lush and very well maintained. Large, level with few divots, near immaculate. The fairways were lush with few divots. A couple of discolored areas but still excellent overall. The rough was also very lush. Thick and long enough to make longer clubs a chancy play. Get outside the maintained rough and the native rough is a likely lost ball. The sand traps were nicely maintained with thick, good quality sand. Almost too thick @ times. However, for a public course in a windy area with close to 100 total on this course, hard to see any course allowing daily fee players to do better. The greens were firm, smooth, medium fast and rolled well. Lots of ball marks fellow players! Definitely not as pristine as prior visits, but still very good overall. The customer service has always been excellent here. Little things like the cookie after the round and complementary water are noticed and appreciated. The pro shop staff, Starter, Marshall and Drink cart were all excellent to deal with. Full service restaurant that was doing a brisk business, friendly service. Good GPS on the carts. The setup of the all grass driving range with the complementary Pro-V range balls is top notch. Numerous grass greens set up as targets in 25-30 yard increments so you could hit almost any club and feel like you were hitting into a green. Concerning playing conditions. On all my previous visits everything was in the 9/10 out of 10 range across the board. Today, they were more in the 8/9 out of 10 range. Excellent, but not as prisitne as previous rounds played here. Still definitely recommended.

never disappoints

This course and its people always delivers all it can give, there were some small fairway grass issues that they were addressing but nothing that affected play, The staff is always concerned that your experience is the best possible and mine was great. It's a 2 hour drive for me but It's worth it for sure. This is my favorite course

Great golf and great vista

First time to play here and can’t get back there soon enough. Fazio course, in great shape and every hole is dramatic, fun and challenging. Clubhouse and pro shop are top notch. Just a great experience

Florida Advisor

Elite golf course

Played the Ram's Hill yesterday. First time playing Ram's Hill, definitely not the last.

Golfweek has Ram's Hill rated #4 in California, just behind Spyglass Hill and above Torrey Pines South and Rustic Canyon. That seems about right to me, when though Rustic Canyon is my all time favorite golf course.

Service - 10
Driving Range - 8
Layout - 10
Conditions - 9
Fun Factor - 10
Challenge - 8
Overall - 9

This course is simply incredible. I love smart, fun courses and that's the heart of Ram's Hill. The service, carts, clubhouse, etc. are all fantastic, but the course is the star of this show so I'm skipping those things, which I rarely do.

The greens were running at 11.5 the day I played and they rolled like a billiard table. Breaks are subtle but grain is not a major factor thankfully. Bunkers are well placed and penal to gobble up errant shots. Since virtually every hole offers multiple ways to play it along the risk reward scale, you can choose to challenge or avoid them. Once you've navigated to your approach shot, the fun begins. Even though this a Tom Fazio course, the greens feel like Gil Hanse had a hand in them, meaning you often can use slopes and green complexes to be creative. Again, you have multiple options to choose from on most every approach shot. This is top shelf and exactly what I love in a golf course. The only disappointment for me was green receptivity, which I believe was intentional to force you into being creative with those slopes and truly punish you for taking the wrong lines into the green.

In summary, this course trades ocean views for mountain views, and is as balanced a course for challenge/fun as you will find. I can't recommend it enough. It's worth every minute of the drive there, and I'll find an excuse to get back and play it again ASAP.

Warner Springs, California

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.