Rams Hill Golf Club

Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club
Scorecard for Rams Hill Golf Club
Black M: 75.1/141 439 543 472 368 206 519 370 498 151 3566 213 556 333 455 473 508 220 346 577 3681 7247
Gold M: 73.3/137 415 522 454 353 196 496 352 466 145 3399 202 534 308 438 421 470 195 331 558 3457 6856
Blue M: 71.0/131 390 501 419 348 176 477 328 411 126 3176 171 512 298 415 389 432 163 305 533 3218 6394
White M: 68.3/125 W: 73.9/130 362 464 384 333 169 400 323 399 106 2940 149 494 269 348 349 355 149 288 501 2902 5842
Red W: 69.5/119 302 377 357 295 144 340 293 297 91 2496 115 440 236 308 310 316 123 270 460 2578 5074

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 35

One of nicest golf courses.

Great layout, in wonderful shape. A lot of fun to play.

Can wait to play it again!

Immaculate Course Conditions

First time paying Rams Hill. Course opened for the season a few days earlier. Conditions were perfect, yes perfect. Beautiful layout, wide fairways, some challenges but extremely entertaining.Staff very friendly and helpful. Why don't more people play here?

u000001358928
Commented On 11/13/2018

More people would play the course if it weren't in the middle of nowhere. But then it probably wouldn't be as immaculate as it is...

Fantastic course

Fantastic course in the dessert. The course just opened for the season, but the condition on greens and fairways was perfect.

Best in Valley

No better course in Palm Springs region. Worth the drive and more!!

Hidden Gem

Came out to Borrego Springs for a family event. Got a chance to play Rams Hill. We played on the last day before they shut down for the summer. Special thanks to Mike Setchell and his staff for having us out. The course was in good condition. Eventhough it was super hot out, we were provided cold towels and plenty of ice water. Each hole has multiple tee boxes to pick from and each is pretty challenging in its own way, but it makes the round fun. #18 is a good finishing Par 5, as we also made our way into the restaurant after our round. With misters on the patio, you can enjoy a view of the 18th green and watch other golfers finishing their round, while you enjoy a delicious cocktail or some shareables. The staff was very kind and courteous. I would recommend to anyone to come out and experience Rams Hill. You might leave a few birdies out on the course, but you'll take home a memorable experience.

Commented On 06/04/2018

Thank you ChuyCobian for the five star rating and review from your recent visit with us this season! We are glad you could tee off at the course on our last day and hope to see you again soon when we re-open!

Great day at Rams Hill...

Recently played Rams Hill and what a great day. Staff greeted us as we pulled to the bag drop and took our bags to our golf carts. Met Mike the Director of Golf, when paying our green fees and he gave us some awesome insight into the course. Practice range had all the practice balls you could hit at no cost. We finished our round in under 4-hours, as we never had to wait or ever felt pushed from behind. Overall a great day of golf!

Commented On 06/05/2018

Thank you SDSGOLF for the five star rating and review from your recent visit to Rams Hill. We are happy to hear you had a great time on the greens! Hope to see you again soon this year at Rams Hill.

1st timer

This course is a jewel. It was in pristine condition.

Now that I have played it I understand why Golf Digest rates this course so highly.

The pro shop and restaurant are also first class.

This is a must play for any golfer.

Commented On 05/29/2018

Thank you 69DAVIDFOSTER for the five star rating and review from your recent visit at Rams Hill! We hope to see you again soon this season.

Truly a Desert GEM just over the hill.

What an absolute Treat just 90 Gorgeous minutes close!

Having golfed Pebble, Spyglass, CVR, Monterey Peninsula and other famous posh courses globally we found Rams Hill to be Gorgeous, Very Challenging, Picturesque, Meticulously Manicured and Fun as All Get Out.

The staff here is OUTSTANDING! Prices were Great and Folks you Really should play a round on their Golf Boards! What a Fun way to get a"round" (pun intended) in great pace with the Thrill of the Ride!

We'll DEFINITELY be back again and again!

THANK YOU to all the staff, and I truly mean Everyone!

Bucket list Rams Hill for SURE!

-Steve

Commented On 05/25/2018

Thank you SL6064 for sharing your experience and feedback with us from your recent Rams Hill Visit! We are happy to hear you had a great time hitting the greens and experiencing what the course has to offer! We hope to see you again soon for another Bucket list trip!

Fantastic golf course

The golf course played fast and the greens were as good as it gets rolling a 10.7. (Listed in the chalk board) The fairways are firm so that a well played shot comes off as it should with no thin lies. The bunkers are soft and fair playing extremely fair for bunkers. If you haven’t played here it’s a definite treat for the true golfer and average mid handicap player. I m a low single digit handicap that could play here every day. The staff is customer service driven and extremely helpful. Thank you rams hill staff we had a great experience!!!!

Commented On 05/14/2018

Thank you Emattrange12 for the five star rating and review. We are pleased to hear you had a great time at the course and the staff was helpful! We hope to see you again soon at Rams Hill this season.

California Advisor

Fun Track

Really enjoy playing here. First off, got a Hot Deal which made it a really good value. The setting and scenery are great, staff is extremely friendly, and layout fun. Course conditions were good although some brown areas dot the fairways. More so than I remember in past spring trips here. Not sure if this is due to the course winding down their season, warming weather, irrigation, or other issues. Shouldn't be a deterrent as overall the track is in good shape from tee to green. Greens I thought were a little on the slow side. Would recommend this course to someone wanting to make the trip over the hills to play.

Commented On 05/15/2018

Thank you hacksalot03 for the four star rating and course feedback from your recent visit! Hope to see you again soon at Rams Hill.

great track!

First time playing there.Drive is a little long from san diego,when your driving back after your round,but its worth it.It was a little warm 107 dregees, so drink lots of water! BEAUTIFUL DESERT OASIS.

Commented On 05/14/2018

Thank you jf559111 for taking the drive from San Diego to hit the greens at Rams Hill! We appreciate the five star rating and review. Hope to see you back on the greens again soon!

BEST COURSE AND PEOPLE AROUND

My wife and I have been going to Borrego Springs and Rams Hill for over 30 years. I can't say enough about Mike Setchell and the entire crew. They always go beyond our expectations. Thank You to the entire Rams Hill crew, from the golf course, to the restaurant, and all the people behind the scenes. GREAT JOB !

Commented On 06/05/2018

Thank you u651872202 for the five star rating and review. We are happy to have you and your wife at the course for the last 3 decades. See you again very soon!

a big thank you to the starter "Bill"...he really seemed to care that you have a pleasant round....jose with the carts was his usual great self....good to see PGA pro Mike again...the people at rams hill are a big reason we had such a good experience...thanks

Commented On 05/07/2018

Thank you u000003127765 for the four star rating and review from your recent visit to Rams Hill. We hope to see you hit the greens with us again soon!

What a test!

Traveled over 2,000 miles from Minnesota on a golf trip to kick off my 2018 golfing season in the desert of Southern California. I’m so glad this was one of the courses I played! What a great test of golf this course is! The wind was up so I had to be very creative with my shots from tee to green which challenged me so much! There is no doubt that this is the best public course I’ve ever played and when I come back to Southern California on my next golf trip I will certainly be playings Rams Hill again!!

Commented On 05/04/2018

Thank you golfoly1 for the five star review and course feedback! We are happy to hear you made Rams Hill a part of your golf trip this year! Hope to see you on the greens in the near future!

Fabulous Fazio !!

I had the opportunity to play Rams Hill and the course was very challenging. The wind made it very challenging and we had lots of fun trying hit shots low and use the slopes throughout the course!! The course was in great shape and the pace of place was fantastic!!

Commented On 05/04/2018

Thank you for the five star rating and review, golfoly1! We are glad the wind didn't get in the way of your golf game but added to the experience! We hope to see you again very soon at Rams Hill.

A Treat

Most of the courses I play are of a lower quality with correspondingly lower green fees. That said, this is a first rate course and once in a while I enjoy treating myself to the experience. As a senior golfer whose distance has gone down over the years, the white tees are suitable to me which is to say the greens are generally reachable and a two-putt will result in a par. What we do each year is book a stay and play reservation at the nearby Borrego Springs Resort where a room for the night and two days of play on a very course/layout for $219 for two guests. During our stay we get in a round at the more upscale and beautifully maintained Ram's Hill where the rack rates for a round are a little high for us compared to the "hot deal" offered by Golf Now. . .

Commented On 04/13/2018

Thank you Sportnlyf for the five star rating and review from your recent Rams Hill visit! We are happy to hear you had a great experience on your yearly golf getaway to the course. Hope to see you again soon!

Beautiful

Breathtaking views from every hole.

Staff all very attentive and polite. Absolutely one of the best courses my husband and I have golfed here in Southern California .

Only reason I gave them a 3 star rating was pace of play because we got behind a 24 man tournament(they were slow). Never saw a Marshall either. Course was so beautiful we couldn’t complain about anything.

Thank you to all the staff who greeted us with smiles no matter where we were.

Commented On 04/11/2018

Thank you Tinyfrannie09 for visiting us from Canada and making Rams Hill apart of your trip! We are pleased to hear our staff made your golf round an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again in the future.

Worth the drive

Nice course nestled in the middle of no where. It's a moderate drive from San Diego so I would recommend that you look into stay/play or play when the weather is ideal.

Drove up for the day. Weather was 96 degrees and very windy. Friendly staff. Good food in clubhouse. Tee time was 10 am but was able to go out a bit earlier. Fairways, greens and sand were in great condition. Lots of water/ice on course. Probably the best I've played but I usually play Muni's so any $$$ courses would wow me.

Played from the whites. The par 4's were shorten which allowed for a low score. I would recommend playing early to avoid the wind. Back nine had ridiculous headwind which was frustrating but an experience in itself.

Overall, if you have the time and money, Rams Hills is a worth the drive.

Commented On 04/09/2018

Thank you edsbeds for the four star rating and review from your recent Rams Hill visit. We are pleased you could make the course a part of your weekend! Come back and visit us again soon.

Bunkers need work

This course is one of my favourites. I have played it many times. The greens and fairways are great however the bunkers are in bad shape. It seems to me that conditioning is sliding a bit.

Earns the rating in the top 50 in the US.

Yes, it does live up to the hype. This course is literally in the middle of nowhere, 90 minutes from even one of the remotest airports and it still cracks the top 20 in the country. Fantastic track perfectly maintained with an excellent clubhouse serving top notch food. Staff is the friendliest you can find. We went off as a 2-ball at 9 AM following 3 groups from the ladies club and never had to wait for more that 2 minutes and only 2 or 3 times at that. This course is magical and if you haven't played it you had best put it in your bucket list and hit it up SOON! They have a pretty good special rate on golfnow for $125. The time is right. Make your plans and come on out. Allow me to recommend La Casa de Zorro for your stay. With such great accommodations and great golf you think you died and went to golf heaven.

Keith5326564
Commented On 04/06/2018

Oh you WILL see me again, ladies and gentlemen. My family and friends saw my post with pics on FB and they're all asking me to plan another trip. This time I may be bringing more golfers with me. Worth the trip. Worth the money.

Commented On 04/05/2018

Thank you Keith5326564 for the five star rating and review from your recent visit at Rams Hill on your golf getaway weekend. Hope to see you hit the greens with Rams Hill again soon!

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018