Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club
Scorecard for Rams Hill Golf Club
Black M: 75.1/141 439 543 472 368 206 519 370 498 151 3566 213 556 333 455 473 508 220 346 577 3681 7247
Gold M: 73.3/137 415 522 454 353 196 496 352 466 145 3399 202 534 308 438 421 470 195 331 558 3457 6856
Blue M: 71.0/131 390 501 419 348 176 477 328 411 126 3176 171 512 298 415 389 432 163 305 533 3218 6394
White M: 68.3/125 W: 73.9/130 362 464 384 333 169 400 323 399 106 2940 149 494 269 348 349 355 149 288 501 2902 5842
Red W: 69.5/119 302 377 357 295 144 340 293 297 91 2496 115 440 236 308 310 316 123 270 460 2578 5074

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

Must Play Course

This is a must play course. Perfect conditions and very friendly staff. Perfectly peaceful and quiet on the course, which just adds to the perfect round of golf.

Best Golf Course in SOCAL

This was probably my 8th round at Rams Hill. In my opinion, the course is challenging, but fair. I belong to the Torrey Pines Mens Club, but Rams Hill is my favorite course. The greens are in superb shape. The course is closed from early June until the first part of November, This may factor into why the course is always in such great condition. You will not be disappointed!

By far the best public course in San Diego county!!!

Lived up to our expectations!

This was our first time playing. We had high expectations considering the course's reputation. I'm happy to say that we were very impressed with the staff, course and in spite of a little wind, really had a great time. (Spoiler Alert!!) The cookie at end of the round was a sweet surprise! We'll be back soon I hope!

Golfpsp

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are very proud of our hidden gem in Borrego Springs. The fresh homemade cookies are wonderful and on hot days you may find a homemade ice cream sandwich too......

Nice track but they failed to manage pace of play

Getting to Borrego Springs is not easy. That is the first hurdle. The course has a nice layout and is a good challenge but management failed to monitor the pace of play. They reportedly have a cart tracking system that will point out problems with slow groups quickly but apparently they do not know how to use it or are afraid to offend the guilty party. Five plus hour round. We waited for one to two groups to clear on every single hole except number one.

Rbrady807,

Thank you for visiting Rams Hill. I'm very sorry about the length of your round. We pride ourselves on the fact that the average length of a round at Rams Hill is 4hrs 15mins. However on a busy Saturday like the day you played our times occasionally slip. I hope you will come and visit us again soon. Enjoy the golf season.

Incredible Course

Breathtaking yet forgiving fairways, immaculate greens, challenging bunkers with incredible views of the surrounding mountains and valley. Absolutely loved it. Challenging but not to the point of penalizing you too much for misplaced shots.

u000007351032,

Thanks for visiting Rams Hill and the terrific review. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Golf Course

Course in great shape.Great staff and lunch.Courses closes in three weeks,so this would be the end of their season till Nov.But everyone was very friendly and the course was in great condition. Will be back next week to play before they close for the season.Great pro shop staff

Amazing course, amazing staff

Played two rounds here and simply put it was an amazing day.
Course was beautiful, staff was friendly in the pro shop and at the restaurant between rounds.
Will be back with a larger group, the only thing that would’ve made it an even better time!

We played this course earlier in February. It was quite cold then and we didn’t finish. We said we had to try it again when we came back. This time it was much warmer. The course was in amazing shape. It can play tough or easy depending on the tee boxes you chose.

the best of the best

a wonderful day at rams hill beginning with a delicious breakfast. We had excellent & friendly service from Dan.
Then onto the golf course for an amazing round. The round moved along under the watchful eye of the marshal. course is in A+ condition. greens are
fast. The young man attending the beverage & food cart
thanked us for coming. Everyone was friendly and gracious from start to finish. Thanx for the homemade
cookies

Very Nice

The course was very nice. Spectacular views. Fun but challenging layout, even from the white tees. We had a bit of a slow group in front of us but still finished in under 4.5 hrs. We had a perfect weather day with light winds. I can see it would be a tough slog in high winds. A bit of local knowledge would be nice. Tricky greens with lots of contours and unusual breaks. I’d like to play there again when I’m playing better!

Very windy

Great course...little too expensive for folks to come along way to play course however I traveled from fla to play on the way to Indian Wells

One of the Best in Southern California

I have played this course a total of 4 times in the past 3 years. The condition of the greens and fairways has declined from my first 3 visits. This is likely due to the unusual amount of rain this area has received this year. There were areas of several greens that were without grass (possible fungus?). And the fairways were not as lush as in prior years. But overall the course conditions still rated 4+ stars. The sand traps were in great condition, and most of the greens rolled very true (and fast). But given the decline in the condition of the fairways and greens, and can't give this course a 5-star rating for course conditions. And with the course conditions declining a bit, I can't give it 5 stars for value either. BUT, this is still one of the best courses in So CA!

Pushy

upon arriving at thr coarse we were told that we need to keep a 4 .10 pace because fast playing members wld be pushing us.. also told the coarse was booked. after 4 holes we realized we had the coarse to ourselves.
Marshall sat and watched every hole we played. it was an Erie feeling.
finaly wr had to ask for a cart girl to come out as there was no ammenities on the coarse and the starter failed to tell us.. coarse is neautiful and good shape..
i wld play again.

A must play

Having seen this course listed in Golfweeks "Best Places You Can Play," I decided I had to make the 2 hour drive from Palm Springs.
I was not disappointed.
First impression was this course was in the middle of nowhere. But, once you get in to the course, everything changes.
First, the driving range is stocked with Pro V1 range balls. Nice touch.
Then, when you get to the course, the tee times are spread out to make for an enjoyable round, without the wait between shots.
Had we not been a twosome, behind a foursome, we likely would not have seen a single individual the whole round.
Give this course a chance when in the Cochella Valley. You won't be disappointed.

My favorite course in S California

Always great conditions. Greens run perfectly. I have played with low and very high handicappers who enjoy the layout. No hidden traps or gimmicks. I always look forward to driving down to Borrego Springs for a day of golf at Rams Hill. This time we toured some of the spectacular iron sculptures in the desert near Rams Hill before heading home. I have reccomended this course to several friends and they all love the golf course.

Excellent shape, fast greens, plenty of bunkers! Beauty all around. Delicious lunch.

Gorgeous Course

Really enjoyed our round. The course is in beautiful shape. Staff were friendly and helpful. The 20+mph wind added an extra layer of challenge .

First Class

Our day was fantastic. Wonderful course, perfectly maintained and a 4 hour 10 min pace of play. Excellent facilities from the lovely restaurant/lounge to the ProV1s on the range. Unless you live in Borrego Springs, it's going to be a drive to get there, but the 90min drive from Palm Springs was well worth it for us and we would do it again.

4.1945882353
Warner Springs, California

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package