Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rams Hill Golf Club!

Hot but immaculate

I’ve played the Monterey, Bandon Dunes, Pinehurst and Cascata and never seen a more manicured ourse. Only saw one snake.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Rams Hill Golf Club!

In this time of Covid 19 I don't really expect a lot

With the Covid 19 virus hype going around I really don't expect much out business. Although at Rams Hill the entire staff was fantastic. The corse is in good shape, the greens a little slow, but with everything going on it is a great place to go play.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Rams Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Great course - no services which made a hot day even hotter

It was my first time playing Rams Hill & was very impressed with the layout & condition. One of the best courses I've had the chance to play.

However, very disappointed they are charging full price but are not providing any water, food or any drinks for purchase on the course. It was in the high 90 degrees & luckily we had some drinks but not enough for a complete round..

I understand that courses are just opening up & concerned about liability due to the virus but if you are providing less services, you shouldn't be charging $99 to walk & an additional $35 per cart per person.

A lesson learned for me that once you Tee off, you don't see the club house until 18 so you have to fend for yourself for 4+ hours. Therefore, I should have planned to bring my own drinks but it wasn't clearly communicated at the start of the round there would be no water or services on the course.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Working in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing, we try to do everything we can to keep our golfers safe and in good health. We hope that you understand these restrictions and that you will give us another chance to play Rams Hill Golf Course in the future. That being said, please reach out to our team in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Jmandrad1,

Thank you for your review. As a golf course that prides itself on exceptional service as evidenced by our 4.9* average rating, it’s quite concerning to see a 2* review. As such, I have challenged my staff to relook at our operating protocols during this challenging time and see how we failed you. During an extensive review, we are installing additional signage to better direct guests to our halfway house where water is left out on the counter for guest passing by after operating hours. We are also relocating water to three locations in the Clubhouse and the Pro Shop so that guests may take water with them as they start their round.

I was happy to see that you did enjoy the course and thank you for recommending us to others. Our promise to you and all of our valued guest that provide reviews is that we read each one and use the feedback to constantly try and improve.

I hope you will come back to Rams Hill soon so that you can experience the normal level of exceptional service we strive for.

Sincerely,

Harry Turner
GM/COO

Fabulous desert oasis

Rams Hill is a world class facility!
The course is in fabulous condition with lush fairways and stellar greens!
With 5 tees, each hole provides options from the highest handicap to the most skilled players.
It’s always a joy to play at Rams Hill and I hope to again very soon!

Commented on 05/14/2020

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Ellen! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rams Hill Golf Club!

Rams Hill is the best playing conditions in Southern California, by far.

Love this Fazio design. The layout is challenging and fair and the green complexes have more character than any other course in the area. Best course conditions in Southern California.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round with us! Thank you for the great review of Rams Hill Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Unbelievable Condition

We came out for the weekend to escape the couch and found Rams Hill to be in the best condition that I have ever seen it. Tee boxes were mowed nicely, fairways were immaculate and the greens were pure. The weather was warm but the afternoon breeze cooled you off. With all of the Covid protocols in place, the staff was amazing and made sure we had plenty of water throughout the round. Harry and Bob get a tip of the cap from us all....this was a great weekend of golf. Thank you for having us!

Commented on 05/08/2020

Best golf course

We treat ourselves to a couple games a year when staying in Palm Springs in March. The course is interesting, fun and is set in a magnificent location. The course is taken care as if it were a high end private course. To finish off the day have dinner at the restaurant overlooking the desert and watch the desert change colour as the sun goes down.. Great service by everyone involved.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hi Brent. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at Rams Hill Golf Club!

This course will rival any course in the Coachella Valley. Tuff but very fair. Excellent greens.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Rams Hill Golf Club!

This Course Always Delivers

The course was in great shape as ALWAYS with the greens rolling at 10.5. While the course was very busy, our threesome played in 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Staff inside is great and if there would be any improvement they could make it would be with the beverage cart as we only saw it once all day.

YOU MUST PLAY THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE IN THE COCHELLA VALLEY.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi MikeDNow, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Rams Hill Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Great Place ... Great Time

My friend and I played on March 3rd, 2020 ---
Second time we have played the course ----
Course requires you to play it several times
to truly understand the ways(s) to play the course ---
Course is in good condition and is a challenge to play !
The surrounding landscapes and the backdrops to many holes are very unique --- vast open desert lands !!!
We had a great time --- the weather was perfect !
We hope to play again in May !
Certainly worth the trip to Borrego Springs !!!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for your review, 4Time2Golf. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rams Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us mwvesper. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Rams Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Glorious Rams Hill

I will remember my day of golf at Rams Hills for a very long time. This was the nicest course I have ever played. My visit there was with a friend and his dad. We are all decent players and we all came away from this experience absolutely blown away. Rams Hills is an Oasis of perfect conditions, incredible staff, and a very fair course. You can play the distance tees that make sense for you, and no matter the tee length you choose you will find it fair. EVERY hole is something from a magazine. It's really something.
Bob and Rene were incredibly accomodating and Dan and Ashlee made our food and beverage moments special. Make sure you get out there while it's open, as the heat comes through and they close down.
If I had to choose one word to describe it would be "Pristine".
It is located in the most random place, but I promise you it's worth the small roadtrip from Palm Springs / San Diego. I highly recommend that EARLY tee time, to experience the dessert sunrise. If you can fit in that second round, the sunset is spectacular.
Can't wait to go back.

A Special Golf Oasis in the Desert

It is the best course in Southern California but the looks can be deceiving.

When I first saw Rams Hill on google maps, I thought it looked like a dump - not sure how long ago or what month of the summer the satellite photo was taken, but it’s tough to see the different shades of lush green grass that I can promise are there; perfectly cut with very little poa.

The course is everything it is hyped up to be and has the best views of the desert of any southern Cali golf course, include Palm Desert. In my opinion, Tom Fonzio designed the layout of the course where you’re unable to see another hole from the hole you’re playing. This forces you to take in the beauty of each hole and to focus on the current challenges in front of you - which there are a lot.

Only knock on the course is that they didn’t have hot dogs on Saturday’s round..... I mean, c’mon?!?

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, tomwamberg. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Rams Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 02/25/2020

tomwamberg,Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. I apologize we ran out of hotdogs when you played. We hope to see you again soon. I'll make sure the hotdogs are hot from the cooker

Fantastic golf course

Rams Hill is a fantastic golf course. Interesting and challenging layout without being punishingly hard. Holes are different and no two looked the same. Great condition as well. I played twice this week. With an 8am tee time the Pace of play was great. Less than four hours. Teeing off at noon the other day was painfully slow and nearly five hours. Sun had set before we finished.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill.I'm sorry the replay round was slower than our normal pace. Hopefully you had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful views of Rams Hill and the surrounding Borrego valley. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome

The day at rams hill exceeded all expectations.

The golf course and conditions were awesome.

The staff was top notch, and provided great service.

We changed our plans to play here the following day as well.

Rainy and cold first 9 but still the best!

This course really does have it all! We played 18 holes, sat down to an incredible lunch with spectacular views and played another 18 for 1/2 the cost of the first! My only regret is the lack of daylight to play more!
The course is in awesome shape, greens fairways and practice areas included. They go way out of their way to make sure that your happy!

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. Come back in March after the time change so that you can play more. We hope to see you again soon.

Great layout and groomed perfectly

had a hard time finding anything wrong with this course, we ended up playing 3 rounds in one day, dawn to dusk, replay rates were great, speed of play was very good, even in the late morning round. very nice staff, cheered us on on our 3rd round.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. We hope to see you again soon. The time change in March will allow for even more daylight hours to enjoy Rams Hill

What a Nice Place

Don’t sleep on this place. Hour and 20 minute scenic drive from La Quinta and well worth it. I had breakfast and the service was over the top. The course is very creative, some thin spots in the fairways but not a downer. Around the greens and on the greens were absolutely perfect. Thanks to my playing partners from Calgary for making it so much fun.

Warner Springs, California