Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

Best golf course

We treat ourselves to a couple games a year when staying in Palm Springs in March. The course is interesting, fun and is set in a magnificent location. The course is taken care as if it were a high end private course. To finish off the day have dinner at the restaurant overlooking the desert and watch the desert change colour as the sun goes down.. Great service by everyone involved.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hi Brent. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at Rams Hill Golf Club!

This course will rival any course in the Coachella Valley. Tuff but very fair. Excellent greens.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Rams Hill Golf Club!

This Course Always Delivers

The course was in great shape as ALWAYS with the greens rolling at 10.5. While the course was very busy, our threesome played in 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Staff inside is great and if there would be any improvement they could make it would be with the beverage cart as we only saw it once all day.

YOU MUST PLAY THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE IN THE COCHELLA VALLEY.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi MikeDNow, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Rams Hill Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Great Place ... Great Time

My friend and I played on March 3rd, 2020 ---
Second time we have played the course ----
Course requires you to play it several times
to truly understand the ways(s) to play the course ---
Course is in good condition and is a challenge to play !
The surrounding landscapes and the backdrops to many holes are very unique --- vast open desert lands !!!
We had a great time --- the weather was perfect !
We hope to play again in May !
Certainly worth the trip to Borrego Springs !!!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for your review, 4Time2Golf. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rams Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us mwvesper. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Rams Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Glorious Rams Hill

I will remember my day of golf at Rams Hills for a very long time. This was the nicest course I have ever played. My visit there was with a friend and his dad. We are all decent players and we all came away from this experience absolutely blown away. Rams Hills is an Oasis of perfect conditions, incredible staff, and a very fair course. You can play the distance tees that make sense for you, and no matter the tee length you choose you will find it fair. EVERY hole is something from a magazine. It's really something.
Bob and Rene were incredibly accomodating and Dan and Ashlee made our food and beverage moments special. Make sure you get out there while it's open, as the heat comes through and they close down.
If I had to choose one word to describe it would be "Pristine".
It is located in the most random place, but I promise you it's worth the small roadtrip from Palm Springs / San Diego. I highly recommend that EARLY tee time, to experience the dessert sunrise. If you can fit in that second round, the sunset is spectacular.
Can't wait to go back.

A Special Golf Oasis in the Desert

It is the best course in Southern California but the looks can be deceiving.

When I first saw Rams Hill on google maps, I thought it looked like a dump - not sure how long ago or what month of the summer the satellite photo was taken, but it’s tough to see the different shades of lush green grass that I can promise are there; perfectly cut with very little poa.

The course is everything it is hyped up to be and has the best views of the desert of any southern Cali golf course, include Palm Desert. In my opinion, Tom Fonzio designed the layout of the course where you’re unable to see another hole from the hole you’re playing. This forces you to take in the beauty of each hole and to focus on the current challenges in front of you - which there are a lot.

Only knock on the course is that they didn’t have hot dogs on Saturday’s round..... I mean, c’mon?!?

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, tomwamberg. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Rams Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 02/25/2020

tomwamberg,Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. I apologize we ran out of hotdogs when you played. We hope to see you again soon. I'll make sure the hotdogs are hot from the cooker

Fantastic golf course

Rams Hill is a fantastic golf course. Interesting and challenging layout without being punishingly hard. Holes are different and no two looked the same. Great condition as well. I played twice this week. With an 8am tee time the Pace of play was great. Less than four hours. Teeing off at noon the other day was painfully slow and nearly five hours. Sun had set before we finished.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill.I'm sorry the replay round was slower than our normal pace. Hopefully you had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful views of Rams Hill and the surrounding Borrego valley. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome

The day at rams hill exceeded all expectations.

The golf course and conditions were awesome.

The staff was top notch, and provided great service.

We changed our plans to play here the following day as well.

Rainy and cold first 9 but still the best!

This course really does have it all! We played 18 holes, sat down to an incredible lunch with spectacular views and played another 18 for 1/2 the cost of the first! My only regret is the lack of daylight to play more!
The course is in awesome shape, greens fairways and practice areas included. They go way out of their way to make sure that your happy!

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. Come back in March after the time change so that you can play more. We hope to see you again soon.

Great layout and groomed perfectly

had a hard time finding anything wrong with this course, we ended up playing 3 rounds in one day, dawn to dusk, replay rates were great, speed of play was very good, even in the late morning round. very nice staff, cheered us on on our 3rd round.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. We hope to see you again soon. The time change in March will allow for even more daylight hours to enjoy Rams Hill

What a Nice Place

Don’t sleep on this place. Hour and 20 minute scenic drive from La Quinta and well worth it. I had breakfast and the service was over the top. The course is very creative, some thin spots in the fairways but not a downer. Around the greens and on the greens were absolutely perfect. Thanks to my playing partners from Calgary for making it so much fun.

If You Love Golf, This Is Your Heaven

I've had this course on my bucket list for a few years, and when the opportunity came to play it, I was excited. My expectations were through the roof, so my biggest fear is that those expectations would not be met.
Well, I should have not worried about that. It EXCEEDED my lofty expectations.
From the professionalism and friendliness at the bag drop, to the ProV1's at the driving range, to the perfectly maintained course, and to no holes feeling like I had already played it, this place was amazing.
If you are looking for a place to take your buddies to for a trip, this would be a great place to go.

AMAZING COURSE!!!

My name is Brad Newell, Owner of Kings Links by the Sea golf course in Vancouver, British Columbia. I recently had the opportunity to visit Rams Hill Golf Course where I played 6 rounds and have to say I was immensely impressed! I have played at some of the top courses around the world and I would rate this course as one of the best I’ve experienced. The layout of Rams Hill is truly amazing with 4 sets of tees (and I played from all of them). The greens are eleven on the stimp meter and one of the best things is that anyone can play there and won’t lose many balls. The staff is all very welcoming and friendly – top notch! Bob, the head pro, along with Rene and Jasper are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We dined at their restaurant which is really well priced and the food is excellent. Ashley served us multiple times; she has a great sense of humor and had a way of making you feel at home. I would strongly recommend that you don’t hesitate on visiting this gem!

Commented on 02/25/2020

Brad, thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. I appreciate your kind words about the course and staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful Scenery and Course

We love to golf here. Its a nice course with friendly staff.

Awesome day

The starter let us out early. The front desk person was happy and friendly.. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly. The course was in excellent shape and the greens were fast as lightning..I will be back.

Awesome Course and Club

A couple friends and I drove out from the OC for my birthday. We found a great deal. We were one of maybe 7 groups on the course! We had no one ahead or behind! The staff was friendly and helpful! The course was in great condition, and it was appealing to the eyes. You felt like you could just unload on the ball the whole time. I highly recommend this course if you are in the area or near San Diego. I left my 60 degree on the 18th, and they are going to mail it to me!

Great condition!

The course is in good condition, challenging! especially putting . Staffs were friendly from the bag drop to restaurant.
We played around 4 hours with a lot of waiting, this course not for beginner and high handicaps.
It was a long drive from palm spring but overall it a great course!

Nice course Bad business

Booked 4some online. Morning of round one player cancelled for illness. Told pro shop we were a 3some,on arrival and was told "no problem". Nine days later a charge for $105 appears on my credit card for Golfnow. I was concerned someone stole my credit card info, so cancelled card. Later discovered that Rams Hill billed me for a "no show", nine days after the fact. Called pro shop and was told sorry, that's our policy. Course was empty the day we played, now I see why. I won't be back.

Worth the Drive

It is a 1:10 drive from my house in La Quinta. What a beautiful course. The fairways are wide and lush. The bent grass greens are in fabulous shape. The staff were all amazing. I had lunch after my round and the food was really good. I highly recommend taking a drive out there and playing this course..

4.3197647059
Warner Springs, California

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.