Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

If You Love Golf, This Is Your Heaven

I've had this course on my bucket list for a few years, and when the opportunity came to play it, I was excited. My expectations were through the roof, so my biggest fear is that those expectations would not be met.
Well, I should have not worried about that. It EXCEEDED my lofty expectations.
From the professionalism and friendliness at the bag drop, to the ProV1's at the driving range, to the perfectly maintained course, and to no holes feeling like I had already played it, this place was amazing.
If you are looking for a place to take your buddies to for a trip, this would be a great place to go.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. We hope to see you again soon.

AMAZING COURSE!!!

My name is Brad Newell, Owner of Kings Links by the Sea golf course in Vancouver, British Columbia. I recently had the opportunity to visit Rams Hill Golf Course where I played 6 rounds and have to say I was immensely impressed! I have played at some of the top courses around the world and I would rate this course as one of the best I’ve experienced. The layout of Rams Hill is truly amazing with 4 sets of tees (and I played from all of them). The greens are eleven on the stimp meter and one of the best things is that anyone can play there and won’t lose many balls. The staff is all very welcoming and friendly – top notch! Bob, the head pro, along with Rene and Jasper are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We dined at their restaurant which is really well priced and the food is excellent. Ashley served us multiple times; she has a great sense of humor and had a way of making you feel at home. I would strongly recommend that you don’t hesitate on visiting this gem!

Commented on 02/25/2020

Brad, thanks for the nice review. We are very proud of Rams Hill. I appreciate your kind words about the course and staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful Scenery and Course

We love to golf here. Its a nice course with friendly staff.

Awesome day

The starter let us out early. The front desk person was happy and friendly.. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly. The course was in excellent shape and the greens were fast as lightning..I will be back.

Awesome Course and Club

A couple friends and I drove out from the OC for my birthday. We found a great deal. We were one of maybe 7 groups on the course! We had no one ahead or behind! The staff was friendly and helpful! The course was in great condition, and it was appealing to the eyes. You felt like you could just unload on the ball the whole time. I highly recommend this course if you are in the area or near San Diego. I left my 60 degree on the 18th, and they are going to mail it to me!

Great condition!

The course is in good condition, challenging! especially putting . Staffs were friendly from the bag drop to restaurant.
We played around 4 hours with a lot of waiting, this course not for beginner and high handicaps.
It was a long drive from palm spring but overall it a great course!

Nice course Bad business

Booked 4some online. Morning of round one player cancelled for illness. Told pro shop we were a 3some,on arrival and was told "no problem". Nine days later a charge for $105 appears on my credit card for Golfnow. I was concerned someone stole my credit card info, so cancelled card. Later discovered that Rams Hill billed me for a "no show", nine days after the fact. Called pro shop and was told sorry, that's our policy. Course was empty the day we played, now I see why. I won't be back.

Worth the Drive

It is a 1:10 drive from my house in La Quinta. What a beautiful course. The fairways are wide and lush. The bent grass greens are in fabulous shape. The staff were all amazing. I had lunch after my round and the food was really good. I highly recommend taking a drive out there and playing this course..

Bucket List Course

This was a top 5 course for me for sure. Perfect conditions, fun layout, and amazing views. Doesn’t get much better. Too bad they’ll be closed for the summer.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Lijunbj! We're delighted that you enjoyed your round with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rams Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rams Hill Golf Club!

Phenomenal

I played right after course opened up from Covid shut down. Aside from having to walk the lengthy course on a very hot day (no carts for safety), the round was phenomenal. The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating, regularly driving around to deliver cold water bottles to players. The course itself is FUN and conditioned to excellence. Perfect grass, great greens, beautiful setting.

I’ll be back. Thanks for the great round Rams Hill.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round with us Chase! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Place is immaculate!!

Place is plushhhhh!!! Greens rolling pure, fairways in great shape, everything was great! Beautiful track, will definitely be back!

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Rams Hill Golf Club!

Worth the trip!

I'm currently on a bucket list tour for the next 10 years. I've hit Whistling Straits Erin Hills, Bandon Dunes and have played Pebble Beach and am looking forward to St Andrews in June. Having said that, playing Rams Hill was spectacular . This course makes my top 10. It may not be on the Golf Digest top 10 but it is a gem. If they add another nine or 18 plus cottages, I wouldn't leave. Championship layout. Plush conditions. Greens are 11 on the meter. Par threes are too tough. Although nine is awesome. Golf shop pro is great as well as Rene and Jose. Don't fret the journey in as the grounds will prove to be beautiful. Thanks for the bag tag. Big Swede.

Hidden gem

Spectacular & fun course in perfect condition in the middle of the desert, not close to any other towns. Bunker shaping is Instagram worthy. Met a member catching trout on a fly rod on #18. Great deck/ patio & food too. Very uncrowned in January. A perfect definition of hidden gem.

Just go and golf it!

There are not fitting words for how happy this place makes me, every detail, service, practice, sand, fairways, greens and carts has been so perfectly thought out. I do not like golfing the same place all the time but this place could be the one. Just go and golf it, you will want to go back!

Best course in Borrego

This course is incredible, no matter where you are on the course you get a million dollar view. Greens are the best in town. Course is very challenging but a lot of fun. If you’re in southern California I highly recommend taking a drive out here to see this beauty!

California Advisor

Christmas Eve Miracle

My Dad and I ventured over from La Quinta on Xmas Eve and pretty much had the course to ourselves. What a great Day

- Accommodating and friendly proshop, restaurant and outside services staff
- Felt like a private club
- Titleist ProV1s on the driving range
- Course was in awesome shape despite being quite wet from an overnight storm.
- Really, really fun layout with a variety of strategic options to explore.

It will be interesting to see how they decide to develop lodging in the area. I will be back!

My favorite course in SoCal

Took an impromptu boys trip to Borrego Springs to play 36 holes at Rams Hill and it was a great time. It was very windy both days but the course was in terrific shape so it's hard to complain. On almost every hole the sights are gorgeous and unique. We played 18 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Bob and Jasper in the pro-shop were very friendly and helped us out with everything we needed. Larry (I think the starter) was incredible too. We arrived a little late to the course so he told us to order food and then tee off. Larry brought our food out to us on the 1st hole, first class service. Can't wait to go back.

Warner Springs, California