2.4

Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass

Carts Yes - $8 - $15

Slow and steady

The problem with courses that are close by and reasonably priced is that everyone wants to play them. The afternoon we played here was no exception, and despite the forecast saying 50% chance of rain, everyone came out. As I looked around the pro shop I heard the staff put several five-somes out, although they denied it when I asked about it. It was a slow paced day and hard to get into a rhythm. What can you do?

Also, there are two distinct courses there: the Harding and the Wilson. The app only knows about one of them, so scoring was thrown off - I played Wilson so it looked like I was playing 4-over on Par 3s while birdying all the Par 5s.

Idaho Advisor

a bit benign and gettable, but better than I expected...

I read several reviews about Harding and Griffith park in general talking about pace of play being an issue. I got off relatively early on Harding (10:30) but had absolutely no issues with pace of play, completing my round in 3:15.

Harding is the slightly shorter and easier of the two courses at Griffith Park. I should the same score I did at Wilson; however, in my defense, it was the second course I had walked that morning. :)

There is nothing particularly tricky about this track and if you can hit the ball 200 yards straight, you can score here.

Most of the holes do not require a lot of thinking or strategy, although #7 is laid out such that drive placement can really make a big difference. I was too far right and had to try to slice a ball around a tree over water to have a crack at the green... the results were not perfect.

The course has mature trees scattered about so it's not super-open; however generous fairways are available and even a shot behind a tree isn't going to overly punitive, s simple punch out will keep you from being penalized more than a single shot on all but the worst of shots.

The course is a bit worse for wear... but it's L.A. in August when there isn't exactly a surplus of water... given all of this, it's in fine shape.

The guys in the clubhouse were great and when I called to set up my two tee times they worked hard to help me get properly set up and ready to play both courses.

It's not bucket-list golf, but it's certainly worth the affordable greens fees, especially if you play both as the second round is only $15.

Pleasantly Surprised

I was expecting a painfully slow round and not so good course conditions. Was pleasantly surprised though. Great pace (on a Saturday morning) and course wasn’t too bad. I was told by the locals though that we got very lucky with the pace of play. Actual grass on fairways and greens very reasonable and on the faster side. Teeing off on 18 provides for a nice Mountain View. I Played another LA Muni Rancho Park in the past and Harding is much nicer and in better shape.

watch out for rude unknowledgeble starters

Firstly, Ive played this city operated course many times. First time this happened. However, on this occasion the starters chose NOT to honor the Golf Now quoted rate. They wanted me to pay a ridiculously high cart rate. I refused and they simply told me to leave. They were rude and arrogant in their apparently lack of knowledge. Be aware they starters may try and get you to pay more than the quoted rate on Golf Now. Maybe avoid this course as their is no supervisor available to address this issue with.

d8c52eba-0612-5b73-a566-9a52e4c98378
Commented on 08/22/2016

Seems like a review written out of anger. I doubt the facts were outlined in this review.

I like club house

Foods is good
And price pantastic

Poor weather

Slow Play

Tournament was stated before start time of individuals.
start times were not followed.
Tee times need to be striclky adhered to. The use of the microphone loud speaker is needed to call out start numbers is needed..Some Players do not speak English , was mixup of start times. Otherwise play is slow.

Fun course, always slow

If you go in knowing it's gonna be a slow round then it's perfect for you. Will always be at least 5 hours, fun course. Greens are in good shape, everything else is decent. For the money you could play Tierra Rejada which is always in good shape. But it's closer for some people. Practice facilities are in horrible shape.

Dead grass

Nice scenic course but lots of dead grass. It was almost like teeing off dirt on the tee boxes. Pace of play was really slow due to the number of par 3's on this course. Facilities were ok. Food prices too high. Hot dog and chips came out to $9 and change. Not worth it.

geen condition was good shape

Harding g/c has improved better than 6 months ago.

The pace of play on Thanksgivind Day

Finished 18 holes in 3 hours 50 minutes, starting at 12.20. I wish this kind of pace is possible anytime.

Favorite course. Also Wilson too.

The course overall is pretty well maintained for a city public course. Desent green fee. Very often you see coyotes and deers.

Solid Muni

This is not a resort course, but it is a very good muni. Lots of wide open holes and a few tight ones. Greens are average and worsen as the round progresses. We walked and that was just right.

Great potential if only

Lots of small litter on the course
Party of 6 (six!!) Korean beginners in front. Getting lessons sharing two carts and all playing 2 balls. Zero etiquette and would never be allowed in Europe.
But stunning place and great conditions.

4 hour round on Monday

I recommend this course. 4 hour round for 18 holes, 6500 yards, challenging, green grass/well irrigated, nice greens, overall good conditions. A nice deal for $80 for two with a cart.

Some rough spots - but maintenance crew was addressing them.

Had breakfast prior to the round in the clubhouse - also very good.

Friendly staff - even when we asked basic questions that have probably been asked many times in the past.

Nice time but didn't know about renovatins

I would have rated the course higher if it wern't the tee boxes being renovated on a third of the holes. It made it easier for scoring but I couldn't get a true rating.

Special Olympics Coming

Nice course, fairways dried out some due to drought. Improvements underway including new cart paths, so tees were temporary and it was dusty from construction. Still, an enjoyable round of golf and the changes will make it nicer.

Great time

Played Both Wildon and Harding this week. Wow, had a great experience on both courses. Brand new tee boxes, great fairways xmd greens. Also new carts.

Ate lunch in restaurant both days and food was very good Ruth great service.

Longest round of golf I've ever played

If you enjoy seven hour rounds of golf, this is the course for you.

We play Wilson and Harding quite often. However over the past couple of months Ive grown frustrated with the course and the pace of play. I understand the need for renovations to the course, but they continue to charge full price for their 18 hole courses which are constantly under construction. If you play Wilson, you will find that you are often teeing off from the fairway and the whole course has been completely shortened. They offer no discount and do not post any mentions of what the course is truly like.

We played Harding yesterday. We made a tee time several days before. It didn't seem very crowded upon arrival, however, once we got to the first tee box, there was a long line of carts that was just the beginning to our seven hour round of gf. That's right - seven hours. I've played a lot of public courses before. I've never experienced anything like this. It had nothing to do with our ability. The group I was with all shot in the 90s.

This has everything to do with course mis-management and renovation. There was no one on the course trying to speed things up, there was no one who told us that it was incredibly backed up, there wasn't any warning or knowledge of how many people were on the course.

With so many places to play in La I strongly encourage you to book somewhere else until they finish their renovations. No one should have to sit through a seven hour round. It took us about 20-25 minutes per hole, everytime.

At least the weather was nice and I had good company. I feel bad for anyone who played with strangers, that's a long time to get to know someone.

review

The parking lot was too far from the proshop. They would not allow carts in the parking lot. The cart path was closed for repair in too many places. It was hard to find the next hole in too many places- no directional signs.

Burbank, California