Type Municipal

Greens Kikuyu Grass

Carts Yes - $8 - $15

Snacks

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Bang for your Buck, BUT...

Other than the staff, theres other reasons to come back and play here. Course conditions are fine, but not great. Played Harding today 7/29/20 supertwilight after 4pm. Brian at the check-in counter was NOT a nice person to not only myself but to other customers that I personally witnessed. First off, bad attitude and rude tone. Was not welcoming. Maybe he felt he could control everything behind his little desk and microphone. Maybe he was having a bad day, but its no reason to raise voice at customers trying to figure out their disorganized check-in process. Yes, there is a line and a sign that states one person at a time inside proshop. I obeyed. But once you enter the shop you are in His world and do as He says. As I entered to check-in (10mins before teeoff and literally two steps into the shop), I stated that we are prepaid and here for check-in. Brian was rude and yelled “I’ll call you on the speaker when read!. Wait outside!” Five mins pass and said to head to tee but come and Check-in with him first. I told him “Didnt I already check-in? I was literally just in here.” He didnt say anything and put out a receipt and said Go to the Tee. Anyway, this is the kind of people you will unfortunately have to deal with at Griffith Park. Hopefully they discipline this dude because it will put a damper on anyones day. Brian with short curly hair. Look out for him He’s probably the reason for Griffith Parks numerous bad reputation/reviews.

Be friendly, it's golf!

Starter and cart guys were just flat out rude getting us on the course like we held everyone up and we tee'd off before our time.

Unpleasant guy had me booked for wrong course

Booked to play Harding but told I had to play WIlson. Wilson was fantastic and as I didn’t have to pay extra, no harm no foul, but I didn’t book to play there!

rek

Surprisingly excellent

I had never considered playOmg an L.A. City course until yesterday. This was the only Tee time in the morning from the Inland Empire to Ventura County Line. The tee box’s were good. The greens were outstanding. Fairways beautiful and rough wasn’t that deep. Bunkers had fluffy sand. I will be back.

Pretty much as good as it gets for a Municipal Course

The course was simple in design but still enjoyable. Walking is very doable, the scenery is amazing and the double decker driving range makes for a great value golfing experience.

I loved play this course

I loved play this course.
Specially. The yardage pole..
that I need it..
N everything was good condition..

Plays Once a year

Easy and convenient place to make shots

This place is clean neat great customer service and nice view it was my first time playing golf for fun with my husband and it wasn’t bad I would recommend

Slow and steady

The problem with courses that are close by and reasonably priced is that everyone wants to play them. The afternoon we played here was no exception, and despite the forecast saying 50% chance of rain, everyone came out. As I looked around the pro shop I heard the staff put several five-somes out, although they denied it when I asked about it. It was a slow paced day and hard to get into a rhythm. What can you do?

Also, there are two distinct courses there: the Harding and the Wilson. The app only knows about one of them, so scoring was thrown off - I played Wilson so it looked like I was playing 4-over on Par 3s while birdying all the Par 5s.

Idaho Advisor

a bit benign and gettable, but better than I expected...

I read several reviews about Harding and Griffith park in general talking about pace of play being an issue. I got off relatively early on Harding (10:30) but had absolutely no issues with pace of play, completing my round in 3:15.

Harding is the slightly shorter and easier of the two courses at Griffith Park. I should the same score I did at Wilson; however, in my defense, it was the second course I had walked that morning. :)

There is nothing particularly tricky about this track and if you can hit the ball 200 yards straight, you can score here.

Most of the holes do not require a lot of thinking or strategy, although #7 is laid out such that drive placement can really make a big difference. I was too far right and had to try to slice a ball around a tree over water to have a crack at the green... the results were not perfect.

The course has mature trees scattered about so it's not super-open; however generous fairways are available and even a shot behind a tree isn't going to overly punitive, s simple punch out will keep you from being penalized more than a single shot on all but the worst of shots.

The course is a bit worse for wear... but it's L.A. in August when there isn't exactly a surplus of water... given all of this, it's in fine shape.

The guys in the clubhouse were great and when I called to set up my two tee times they worked hard to help me get properly set up and ready to play both courses.

It's not bucket-list golf, but it's certainly worth the affordable greens fees, especially if you play both as the second round is only $15.

Pleasantly Surprised

I was expecting a painfully slow round and not so good course conditions. Was pleasantly surprised though. Great pace (on a Saturday morning) and course wasn’t too bad. I was told by the locals though that we got very lucky with the pace of play. Actual grass on fairways and greens very reasonable and on the faster side. Teeing off on 18 provides for a nice Mountain View. I Played another LA Muni Rancho Park in the past and Harding is much nicer and in better shape.

watch out for rude unknowledgeble starters

Firstly, Ive played this city operated course many times. First time this happened. However, on this occasion the starters chose NOT to honor the Golf Now quoted rate. They wanted me to pay a ridiculously high cart rate. I refused and they simply told me to leave. They were rude and arrogant in their apparently lack of knowledge. Be aware they starters may try and get you to pay more than the quoted rate on Golf Now. Maybe avoid this course as their is no supervisor available to address this issue with.

d8c52eba-0612-5b73-a566-9a52e4c98378
Commented on 08/22/2016

Seems like a review written out of anger. I doubt the facts were outlined in this review.

I like club house