Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Ojai Valley Inn And Spa
Scorecard for Ojai Valley Inn and Spa
Blue M: 71.0/131 412 358 115 297 440 312 392 128 517 2971 405 227 487 405 203 562 203 403 442 3337 6308
White M: 69.3/126 W: 73.7/127 406 330 105 274 433 299 379 119 439 2784 399 191 458 399 186 546 179 365 402 3125 5909
Red W: 71.0/123 404 297 98 128 416 283 352 103 435 2516 364 133 435 364 152 471 146 275 397 2737 5253

Year Built 1923
Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass
Architect George C. Thomas, Jr. (1923) William P. Bell (1923) Jay Morrish (1988)

Caddies Yes

Great Condition, Challenging

Chamber or Commerce day for Ojai and the course. Friendly staff, course in great condition.

Original George Thomas Gem!

The course holds up well against more modern designs. The setting is spectacular and the course condition is very good to excellent. The greens were recently punched but are VERY healthy - once the defects heal over these are going to be some of the best greens in the area!

Great Day

The weather was great, mid 80's, little wind (as usual). The setting with the mountains in the background, playing the first nine trough the canyons, ten through sixteen more on the flat, and then the foothills again to play the "Lost Holes".

Perfect day, I even played some golf.

Love this place

A beautiful hotel, which I have stayed at before; lovely amenities, good restaurants, friendly staff. Played golf today with grandson. Lot’s of people around the hotel but very few on the course. A lovely day with my grandson. Hey

Ojai

This is a excellent resort with a great golf course. Staff very friendly and resort amenities excellent .A great golf experience.

Construction Zone

The construction of the banquet facility has made holes 9 & 18 more difficult and the late afternoon pace of play was slow. Other than that the course was great.

Treat

Loved the entire day! A great course

, up and down. over canyons , around canyons, and at times... into canyons. Staff, layout, conditions, all top notch.

Thank you.

Disappointed @ Ojai

9/2/18

Range grass was mushy wet and uncut, more like rough than fairway. Had to borrow balls from another hitting station. Starter rushed us out to first tee early, only to have play repeatedly slowed by groups ahead. Owing to the native topography, course layout is too hilly to walk, fraught with blind and forced carry shots that made our group's high handicappers grumble, too short to consistently challenge better players, at under 6300 yards; and sadly has too many "so what" holes, including those bordered by on-going construction. Overall, disappointing and certainly not good value for the money, especially in comparison to Ojai's newly revived Soule Park muni, just minutes down the road. Next trip to Ojai, save yourself $100. Skip Ojai Valley CC. Visit Soule instead.

Love Ojai

Had a great day even with Labor Day weekend... great course and the staff is the best ever. Golf Now is the best too. I don’t know how you get these great prices at great courses.

Buddies Getaway at OVI

Played here with 15 buddies in July. We were offered a great group rate to hold our annual "North/South" match play tournament. I will write a review that gives my honest evaluation of the course and facility:

LAYOUT: tremendous and challenging course that requires a lot of different shots. (great tip: watch the youtube videos that explain how to play each hole--truly helpful). The views are spectacular on many holes. Bring your camera phone.

CONDITIONS: really good. The greens rolled great and the fairways were well maintained (I don't know about the rough because I never hit into it :)). Sand in the bunkers was even and playable.

STAFF: I communicated with Matt Pavin for about 6 weeks ahead of our playing date, and I have to say he was awesome about staying in touch with me as the day approached. He was willing to set up closest to the pins, long drives, and even had scorecards prepared for our matches (with dots for the stroke holes--a nice touch). The valets and bar staff were awesome. If I have one tiny complain it was that we didn't see a beverage cart until the 9th tee (despite calling and asking on the 5th hole). Not a big deal, but when I did see her, she wasn't all that pleasant to our group.

OVERALL: I will definitely return to OVI to replay this great course and want to thank the staff for their personal attention and excellent golf course.

Great Resort Course

Enjoyed this resort course despite it being 100 degrees when we played. Pace of play was fantastic for an 8am Sat morning round. Finished in 3.5 hrs. Greens and fairways were in great shape. If you are staying at the OVI this course is a must play. GolfNow has it for cheaper than going through the resort.

The Resort is a Zoo and Nobody Cares

I've played in Ojai quite a bit but wanted to try "The Inn" for the first time while on vacation visiting my family. I was expecting the course to be in much better shape but it was dry with weeds and dead patches on most fairways. For the first several holes there was grounds crew working with power tools on every hole. Whether they were mowing with smaller mowers around the greens, multiple larger mowers on the fairways you're driving onto or using string trimmers on either the cart path or green areas it was just a mess and impossible to concentrate with all the noise and people moving. Once through that it was relatively peaceful for a couple holes until you get through 9 and move to the back. When we arrived on 10 it was a complete joke. This was absolutely the worst experience ever on a golf course and I play a lot of golf. There was a large group (10) of half naked drunk men sitting on the bench on the tee box with their kids running around the area. Not only was this very intimidating but extremely uncomfortable. The threesome two groups in front were with the drunks and everyone was playing on the tee box. At that point they allowed the group in front of me and mine to play through. Now we're teeing off with this loud group mocking and ridiculing us as we're trying to hit the ball. It was an absolute disaster and completely ruined the day. I can't believe a course like this would allow for such behavior. I should have taken my family's advice and played down the road but who would have thought charging so much for a round they would allow such a zoo. Never again will I play this dump.

Ojai, California