Ojai Valley Inn And Spa
Scorecard for Ojai Valley Inn and Spa
Blue M: 71.0/131 412 358 115 297 440 312 392 128 517 2971 405 227 487 405 203 562 203 403 442 3337 6308
White M: 69.3/126 W: 73.7/127 406 330 105 274 433 299 379 119 439 2784 399 191 458 399 186 546 179 365 402 3125 5909
Red W: 71.0/123 404 297 98 128 416 283 352 103 435 2516 364 133 435 364 152 471 146 275 397 2737 5253

Year Built 1923
Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass
Architect George C. Thomas, Jr. (1923) William P. Bell (1923) Jay Morrish (1988)

Caddies Yes

Buddies Getaway at OVI

Played here with 15 buddies in July. We were offered a great group rate to hold our annual "North/South" match play tournament. I will write a review that gives my honest evaluation of the course and facility: LAYOUT: tremendous and challenging course that requires a lot of different shots. (great tip: watch the youtube videos that explain how to play each hole--truly helpful). The views are spectacular on many holes. Bring your camera phone. CONDITIONS: really good. The greens rolled great and the fairways were well maintained (I don't know about the rough because I never hit into it :)). Sand in the bunkers was even and playable. STAFF: I communicated with Matt Pavin for about 6 weeks ahead of our playing date, and I have to say he was awesome about staying in touch with me as the day approached. He was willing to set up closest to the pins, long drives, and even had scorecards prepared for our matches (with dots for the stroke holes--a nice touch). The valets and bar staff were awesome. If I have one tiny complain it was that we didn't see a beverage cart until the 9th tee (despite calling and asking on the 5th hole). Not a big deal, but when I did see her, she wasn't all that pleasant to our group. OVERALL: I will definitely return to OVI to replay this great course and want to thank the staff for their personal attention and excellent golf course.

Great Resort Course

Enjoyed this resort course despite it being 100 degrees when we played. Pace of play was fantastic for an 8am Sat morning round. Finished in 3.5 hrs. Greens and fairways were in great shape. If you are staying at the OVI this course is a must play. GolfNow has it for cheaper than going through the resort.

The Resort is a Zoo and Nobody Cares

I've played in Ojai quite a bit but wanted to try "The Inn" for the first time while on vacation visiting my family. I was expecting the course to be in much better shape but it was dry with weeds and dead patches on most fairways. For the first several holes there was grounds crew working with power tools on every hole. Whether they were mowing with smaller mowers around the greens, multiple larger mowers on the fairways you're driving onto or using string trimmers on either the cart path or green areas it was just a mess and impossible to concentrate with all the noise and people moving. Once through that it was relatively peaceful for a couple holes until you get through 9 and move to the back. When we arrived on 10 it was a complete joke. This was absolutely the worst experience ever on a golf course and I play a lot of golf. There was a large group (10) of half naked drunk men sitting on the bench on the tee box with their kids running around the area. Not only was this very intimidating but extremely uncomfortable. The threesome two groups in front were with the drunks and everyone was playing on the tee box. At that point they allowed the group in front of me and mine to play through. Now we're teeing off with this loud group mocking and ridiculing us as we're trying to hit the ball. It was an absolute disaster and completely ruined the day. I can't believe a course like this would allow for such behavior. I should have taken my family's advice and played down the road but who would have thought charging so much for a round they would allow such a zoo. Never again will I play this dump.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor
Course Layout Excellent

Fun in the sun with my son

It was a beautiful day for golf. We started at 12:25 on the 4th of July, played the blue tees. The starter said the were a few golfers ahead of us and no one scheduled behind us. We had the course to ourselves. The course was in great shape, fairways and rough were well maintained. Greens were well kept and rolled true with some of those gentle breaking putts caused by the rolling greens. Lots of families at the Inn for the holiday. Finished the round in 3 1/2 hours. Both of us had a great time being together. The staff were all very pleasant. If you have never been, you should. A beautiful facility.

Really fun golf course

I’ve played here maybe a half dozen times in the past twenty years and as usual the golf course didn’t disappoint. The layout is great, a really nice mix of golf.with generous fairways and interesting green complexes. Course conditions, like the weather were near flawless, smooth quick greens and perfect lies in the fairways. I wish I could have stayed another day!

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019