The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge

Year Built 2006
Architect Bob Moore (2006) Fred Couples (2006)

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Return to Chapel Ridge

Haven't played this course in quite some time and glad to be back. Fairways were in great shape. The greens had some bare spots but it wasn't too bad. The rough was just that...rough! Very challenging. Will definitely return.

Great layout

First time playing here. Staff was very great, especially when I mentioned it was my first time playing here. I really like the layout. With a few exceptions (which we were alerted to in the pro shop), the course is right out in front of you. Some really fun holes. Bent grass greens (unusual in this climate) but really nice in spots. A few rough greens and way too many unrepaired pitch marks. Carts were 90 degrees despite some recent rain. All in all a great round and we will come back. This is about a 40 minute drive for us, so it is not around the corner, or I would play here weekly.

Looks like they are having trouble with the greens. I was surprised to see so many dead spots.

What happened?

They have seemed to have lost their greens and bunkers in rough shape. Too bad.. I really used to like this track...

What greens?!

This course is usually in great shape. But if you’re taking tee times and not telling the caller that your greens are burnt up, you are not providing good customer service.

The staff member in the pro shop was surprisingly rude. I’ve never had this issue before.

Such a great layout. I was really disappointed with my experience.

Commented on 09/18/2020

The place is a disgrace, the people in the Pro Shop are condescending and think they are better than their customers... Which is kind of interesting considering they are the ones working at a golf shop and we are the ones playing golf. The greens are more representative of a $20 golf course.

Greens need work (Sept 2020)

When in good shape, this is a great track. Unfortunately, the greens are currently a mess--too many bald spots. It doesn't help that the regulars are not good about repairing their own ball and spike marks--respect the course, folks! Also: I played on Labor Day and the back nine was *really* backed up, with waits of up to 15 minutes on multiple tees. There was no ranger out there to move along whomever was holding things up. I realize these are tough times for golf courses b/c COVID but still, you can't have two groups waiting at a tee box. It'll be a while before I return.

Greens were awful

This is one of my favorite courses. I’ve been playing this course for several years and have never seen the greens in such bad shape and bunkers I hadn’t been raked In a long time. Course should have notified customer before the round. Very disappointed

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the 3 star review! Due to one of the hottest summers in NC history our Bent Grass greens are experiencing some summer wilt. We have added some additional maintenance practices to our fall schedule and are confident they will fully recover by mid October. It is a struggle with Covid 19 protocols in place to keep the bunkers in prime conditions as players are not allowed to use any rakes throughout the day. As far as notifying customers of the situation we will continue make sure that all employees fielding phone calls are passing along the most current information. All information is up to date and can be found on our website and tee time booking page.

Good challenging course, greens need help

This course is really fun to play. Unfortunately some of the greens were in sad shape. Maybe too much water. Part of the surface grass had died and left bare soil. Other than that the course was in great shape.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! Due to one of the hottest summers in NC history our Bent Grass greens are experiencing some summer wilt. We have added some additional maintenance practices to our fall schedule and are confident they will fully recover by mid October.

Top tier lay out and scenic.

Greens have been in better shape but I know it will return to top shape by this fall. Overall excellent course.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are hoping this upcoming cool weather and the added maintenance practice will have everything healed up by mid October!

Avoid until it gets fall

I have played here several times and love the course layout. The fairways are good for the most part. There is a lot of weed growth in the rough and some in fairways. The greens are burned up and some as much as 30% dead. They need to either install cooling fans or shut down and put in Bermuda greens. What little grass was in the greens was very slow. I would avoid until the weather cools and the greens come back (hopefully).

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the feedback, we are working diligently on extra maintenance practices and aerification techniques to help our greens quickly recover from the hot summer weather 2020 has dealt us. We are confident that they will be close to fully healed by mid October.

Please contact Dan Swomley our Director of golf as he would like to offer you a fall replay coupon.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review!

Greens super-receptive

Between the recent rains and aeration, approach shots ended right where you put them. Small punches allowed the greens to still be quick and fairly true.
With no rakes in the bunkers due to COVID, it appears that grounds maintenance doesn’t bother to rake the bunkers either - mostly crusted and hard pan full of rocks.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! I will pass this message on to our Superintendent to make sure we are creating a better playing surface in our bunkers on a day to day basis.

Great layout!!

I always love the layout of this course! The fairways and tee boxes are in good shape. The greens are holding well, but have some bad spots they need to work on. The bunkers definitely need some work. The staff are always friendly when I come and play! We’ll be back soon!

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for the 4 Star review and we are glad that your experience at Chapel Ridge Golf Club was a great one!

Chapel Ridge is a Great Golf Value

The folks, facilities and layout are all great. I had a wonderful time and plan to go back. The only small prob lem was that they had recently airated and the greens look like they were in distress (too wet???). Had a great time and will recommend it to all my new friends.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are currently working on a short term and long term plan to improve our greens and green surrounds.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for the 4 Star Review!

Greens are toast

was extremely disappointed in the shape of the greens. A lot were burnt up, lots of bare dirt. I cannot believe they are charing the money they are charging for greens in that condition. We will not be back for the rest of the year.

Commented on 08/21/2020

We hate to hear that your experience at Chapel Ridge was not satisfactory! We are currently working on a short term and long term plan to greatly improve our greens and green surrounds.

Please contact our Director of Golf Dan Swomley to further share your experience.

dswomley@thepreservegolfclub.com

Commented on 08/10/2020

It is a real disgrace, such a tragedy to have a wonderful layout and beautiful surroundings ruined by bad management, terrible greens and lousy staff.

Disappointed round!

It has been over 2 yrs since I played here but the layout is good....disappointed on the Green and bunkers.....hope everything turns around and expected a better shape next time....

Paul
Thank you for the 4 star review! We are currently working on long term and short term plans to get our greens and green surroundings in much better shape.

Siler City, North Carolina