The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge

Year Built 2006
Architect Bob Moore (2006) Fred Couples (2006)

Getting there ...

Played here a few months back and was so disgusted with the greens I swore I’d never come back, which is a shame since I love the layout. Read a recent review that said that issue had been resolved so ... we gave it a chance. Greens are significantly better and hopefully, are on the mend for good. Wet conditions so cart path only which made for a long Sunday but all in all when spring comes around Chapel Ridge will be in our heavy rotation!

Good Shape

I had avoided this course in Fall 2019 because I read it had lost many greens. I decided to give it a try yesterday during an unusually warm January afternoon and played the front nine (so this review is based on the front nine only). The greens and the rest of the course were in fine shape. They have fixed their greens Most traps were also in good shape - just a couple had some water drainage problems - but we have had a lot of rain over the prior 3-4 days. Overall the course was great and it is a fun place to play with an interesting and challenging layout..

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. We appreciate your 4-star review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Excellent Course

A few greens that are in rough shape, but they are recovering rapidly. I love to play here,

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge! We truly appreciate your 4-star review and feedback. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Perfect Day!

7 of us played in 2 groups and it was a great day of golf for all!

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge! We truly appreciate your 5-star review. We hope you all join us for another round soon!

Great coarse for the miney

I drove 40 minutes to play this course and it was worth it.
They have the course in great condition.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge! We truly appreciate your 5-star review and feedback on our course. We hope you join us for another round soon!

My nearby favorite

Third time playing here and will return often. Great value, good challenge, varied levels of difficulty among the 18 holes. Sand traps rough and rocky...only reason for not 5 stars.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hi u314159665245, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and valuable feedback! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout, fun to play

Chapel Ridge has always been a very playable for all calibers of players. A very picturesque course with rolling hills, subtle doglegs, and variety of shots needed on each hole. Uphill and downhill shots, and tough approach shots to score well. Quality of fairways is much better in recent years. I do wish they would transition to bermuda greens as bent greens have always been touch and go , some years in good shape, others not so much. Course crews are doing a great job in last few years mowing , cutting fairways, rough and around the greens to make it more visually appealing which is nice.

CR is coming back

As this is my home course I was pleased to see that the course is coming back. An effort appears to be being made to improve course conditions.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and great feedback on our course improvements! We appreciate your patience & understanding as our team works diligently to provide a valuable golf experience for our customers here at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Come back for another round soon!

Everything very good except greens , hard to have bent grass in this climate, very bumpy and torn up

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and sharing your feedback on our course conditions. We truly appreciate your patience & understanding as our team works diligently to provide a valuable golf experience for our customers here at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Your comments have been shared with our staff, but we hope you come back for an even better round soon!

Greens are being repaired - wait a while until they are fixed

The course staff are great and the layout nice, but right now, most greens were overtaken by weeds so they had to kill the weeks leaving much fo the greens a barren dirt. They are having a tough time right now so lets hope they can get the greens back in shape.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Hi Lindbloe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're sorry to hear that your recent experience was anything short of 5 stars. We truly appreciate your patience & understanding regarding our greens, but we can assure you we are continuing to take the proper steps in our efforts towards getting Chapel Ridge in good shape going into the fall season and getting the course back to the best it can be. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon!

Don’t play this year

The overall conditions of the tea boxes, fairways and rough or decent. Anything on and near the green was absolutely horrible. They have completely lost 80% of their greens. I found myself putting over mud more often then grass. They still felt comfortable charging me $45 for the round regardless of the conditions. When you talk to them, do not believe what they say about minor work being done on the colors of the green. It is seriously terrible. Maybe they will get their greens back in a year or two.

Stay away (at least for awhile)...

I live about 50 minutes away and I paid $35 sr. rate at a course I generally love traveling to and playing. That price was about $30 too much! Greens are in horrible shape as it's truly hit and hope putting. Some greens are aerated, others have been painted, others have tire marks running thru them. All have bare spots and are "muddy". The collars have been re-sodded in places so around those areas are marked GUR. I know the course will get better and it's just a rough patch right now but I cannot recommend someone play there in the near future. At the very least they should lower their greens fees because of all the problems...

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're very sorry to hear that your recent experience was anything short of our usual expectations. We truly appreciate your patience & understanding regarding our greens, but we can assure you we are continuing to take the proper steps in our efforts towards getting Chapel Ridge in good shape going into the fall season and getting the course back to the best it can be. Your feedback has been shared with our staff, and we hope to welcome you back for a better round soon!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi emcraigdad, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge.

What is going on Chapel Ridge? Used to be in great shape until recently.

Fairways and tee boxes are almost pristine, but many of the bunkers have grass starting to grow in them (in the middle of the bunkers even), and the greens, which are normally top notch, have had a very hard summer. Goose grass and crabgrass have run rampant, and it affects the putts. There are several greens that have tire tracks on them, and the ball marks are beyond ridiculous. because the greens are so soft, and with bent grass, that's a recipe for disaster. The collars are nearly dead or overrun by crabgrass. I played here in May, and the greens were perfect. What is going on??

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi u9619163, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet our usual expectations, but we appreciate your patience & understanding as we work on course improvements. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us for guidance. We will make note and hope to see you again soon.

Love the layout

Tee boxes and fairways were perfect. Some of the greens had some weeds but all in all not too bad. The fringes were pretty rough but it did seems to make a difference. Will play there again. Love the course.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge! We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and feedback for potential improvements. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Members Treatment of Non-Members.

I was appalled that 2 member's from this course totally abused my 4 some verbally. We asked the 2 some to play through after they heckled us on the 4th fairway. We asked them to play through, they said no. We may not be the best golfers but I could not believe these two women treated us us on this course. We asked these two women 3 times for them to play through. They said no. On the 17th hole they drove up to us and cursed us out and told one of my guys you have no business being on a golf course. Both women cursed us out and flipped us the bird. It was just a sad pathetic mess. This was really just unbelievable,e experience. I will sadly not play there again due to how these two members treated us.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi nWP3jcQ3xatE3mtCdLTs, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we truly apologize for any poor customer experience on behalf of some members on the course, but we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make potential changes. In the future, we highly encourage informing our staff of these situations directly so we may address any concerns immediately. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for a much-improved golf experience.

Greens Need Work!

The greens are being taken over by weeds and bare spots. Lots of wanky putts.

Commented on 08/31/2019

Agreed!

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi u3280893, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars, however, we do aim for a 5-star experience so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge and come back soon!

Course is in the worst shape I have seen it.

The fairway and tee boxes and fairways were in fair shape. The greens were in horrible shape, lots of Poana grass on greens. Previous golfers who play ahead of us we’re not fixing divots on the greens. Poana grass was so tall you had to move your ball around on the greens in order to putt. Would not ever go back, there are a lot better courses out there for the same money.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi Mitchblalock, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet expectations as this is not the service we aim to provide. We take customer feedback very serious at our course, so please feel free to reach out to our team in the golf shop so we can address these concerns directly. Your feedback has been shared and we hope we can welcome you back for a much-improved round in the near future.

Siler City, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina
Graham, North Carolina
Sanford, North Carolina

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.