The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge

The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge
Scorecard for The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge
Championship M: 74.1/133 436 386 480 314 551 189 546 207 456 3565 405 579 173 392 464 203 427 324 584 3551 7116
Black M: 72.5/128 409 364 454 310 533 172 527 182 428 3379 385 545 169 369 444 187 409 320 563 3391 6770
Blue M: 71.2/125 W: 77.3/137 382 333 448 288 528 167 520 173 422 3261 350 510 161 360 420 176 404 312 534 3227 6488
White M: 69.7/123 W: 75.5/133 375 325 417 277 514 158 500 159 376 3101 344 505 152 341 416 159 394 299 455 3065 6166
Gold M: 67.7/120 W: 73.2/128 329 293 351 263 506 152 490 140 370 2894 309 438 139 331 362 151 380 292 449 2851 5745
Red M: 64.9/110 W: 69.6/119 325 289 347 231 414 137 466 134 341 2684 301 432 88 262 356 127 283 234 416 2499 5183

Year Built 2006
Architect Bob Moore (2006) Fred Couples (2006)

Thanksgiving Special

Awesome day, had the course to ourselves...shotgun, no one showed up. Greens were in great condition & fast, course is in its best condition by far this year. Overall had a great outing with our 8 some.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 12/03/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-star review! We're glad you could join us over the Thanksgiving holiday and that you all enjoyed your round. Come back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!

Course was in great shape considering 4+inches of rain last week. 90* crossing but still better than cart path only. Greens good.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 11/29/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars and great feedback! We're glad to hear you were still able to enjoy your round with us despite the wet conditions. Come back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!

Staff

There is one behind the counter that treats golf now customers differently as we are below them. “Oh (pause, facial expression) you went thru Golf now” this is the third time from this person. Others have been fine.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 11/12/2018:
Brian, thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review, however, we're truly sorry to hear you may have had a negative customer experience with a staff member. We are committed to providing all of our golfers with a valuable golf experience and apologize if this expectation was not met during your recent round. Your comments have been shared appropriately and we hope to welcome you back for a much-improved experience soon.

Fantastic course, great value

Love playing here. Mid week afternoon greens fees are dirt cheap and the course is in fantastic condition. Usually very friendly staff, guy in pro shop can be a pain though. Overall 9/10 and very happy with this course and value.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 11/04/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we're glad to hear we can offer you a valuable golf experience. Come back soon!

Starter was rude

Met a good friend tonolay chapel ridge. 740 am ttime. The course was empty. A two some was there and the starter made us play with them. Obody behind us for 2 hours. The twosome was fine and we enjoyed good conditions but no club car weather cover and they had tr . Intold the staff about the atarter. He was redicous and rude. Not a club emvironment. I play here alot but rarely on weekends. This is a goidngolf courae good shape. Leave the gruff alone this is the south!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 11/04/2018:
Douglas, thanks for the feedback and 4-star review. On behalf of our staff at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we appreciate your dedication to playing our course, however, we apologize for any poor experience with our staff. Your comments have been shared appropriately and we hope can have you back for a better round soon!
Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 10/19/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review of The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 10/19/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review. Please come back and visit us again soon.

interesting lsyoua

Sonic and challenging however course conditions are just not very good. Way to many weeds and greens slow and inconsistent

Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 10/19/2018:
We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the conditions while you were. Please know we are working tirelessly to improve the conditions. Hope to see you back again.

Good time at Chapel Ridge

Chapel Ridge was in very good shape. The pace was good. The greens were in pretty good shape. As were most of the fairways. A very good public/private course in far west Chapel Hill/north Pittsboro. Good value and fun to play.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the positive feedback and 5-star review, Scott! On behalf of us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we truly value your comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your golf experience with us. Come back soon!
Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 10/01/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars! We're glad to see you enjoyed your first round with us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Come back soon.

Definite Be-Back

We had the first tee time out, and one of my players did not have the required collared shirt. Rather than force him to purchase a shirt, staff member advised him of the dress code for our next visit. Once on the course, we could tell the course had some maintenance difficulties with the recent rainy conditions. It appeared that the crew had started mowing rough for the first time in several days because there were mounds of grass clippings on every hole. Miss a fairway and it took a while to find the ball. Fairways were okay, lots of grass, but they had not been mowed in a couple of days, either. The greens were slow, but that's to be expected for bent grass greens in North Carolina in late summer/early fall.

Chapel Ridge is an excellent layout, and I look forward to playing it again when weather has not affected the maintenance schedule.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 10/10/2018:
On behalf of our staff at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding during your round regarding the recent weather conditions in the area. We're glad you still enjoyed your experience with us and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Nice course, only a few gripes

This is a scenic layout with great fairway conditions. Bent grass greens are weedy in spots and need some work. The biggest problems are the bunkers. There's hardly any sand in them after the very wet (Tropical Storm Florence) spell of weather. And there are drainage issues in them anyway.

Plays long from the blue tees,..I should have opted for the white tees, but what the heck!

I really like this course.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 09/26/2018:
Charlie, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 5-star review. We appreciate your understanding regarding the recent weather conditions in the area and all of your comments have been shared with our staff. We hope to welcome you back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for an even better round soon!
Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 09/13/2018:
Thank you for the kind review, Grant! We hope you had a great day with us recently at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. We will be closed at 3pm today, 9/13, and remain closed 9/14-9/15 for the hurricane. We hope you and your family stay safe & prepared over the next few days!

Very nice layout.

My daughter and I really enjoy the course. We have on occasion felt as if the staff were a little hard to relate to, but the staff working during Sunday's round were very friendly and appreciative of our business. The greens were slower than normal due to recent aeration.Overall a very good experience. We will definitely be back for more golf at Chapel Ridge.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your comments as we continuously work on course improvements, as well as your understanding regarding the recent aerification. Thank you for choosing The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge and we can't wait to welcome you both back again soon!

Rude and unprofessional I

First time playing this course,first impression was positive with regards to the lay out and quality of the greens however we were quickly made to feel unwelcome by the attendant Paul in the pro shop evidently there’s an unwritten policy demanding that no more than five minutes be spent during the turn around it was almost 90 degrees and about noon so our four some ordered food and drinks while we cooled off not intending to spend more than a reasonable few minutes however Paul made it clear that our intentions were unexceptionable his delivery was such that one of our foursome decided to simply leave and when he asked for a refund for the 9 holes he didn’t play Paul in the sport shop laughed and said he wouldn’t do that and he should just leave so he did that man was a respected pediatrics physician very level headed gentleman myself and the remaining two in our party small business owners in the area , we certainly understand proper conduct and appreciate edict however there’s a way to treat people and a way to make clear we weren’t welcome , I don’t recall any posted information regarding this policy in the end this was a bit petty never The less it put a large cloud on the rest of our time we will not be returning and plan on sharing our experience with all of our friends and we have a lot

Rating overall

The course was in good shape, the fairways and most of the greens were in great shape. However a gmfew greens were starting to get away from that ground crew. The greens were very receptive and rolled true all day. Also the rough was quite thin in a few spots. Overall I really enjoyed the course and the round of golf and expect to play here again soon.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 08/08/2018:
On behalf of our staff at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we truly appreciate your feedback and 4-star review. All of your comments will be shared appropriately as we continuously work on course improvements. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

Conditions need to improve.

Ok so i need to vent a little. I just recently moved to North Carolina from the Philly/ South Jersey area.I was told how much better golf is down in these parts. I must tell you after 2 months and several rounds i am not impressed. The conditions down here so far have been terrible. Except for UNC Finley and Tobacco road.Seems like if you want to play courses in great shape you gotta pony up at least $100 bucks for your round. Chapel Ridge the greens were way to slow. Tons of bare spots and crabgrass everywhere. Thats unacceptable. Please dont give me the old its been brutally hot excuse. Because how can one course be in great shape and yours is not. Boils down to course management and maintenance.Its a shame i love the layout. Staff was great. But course is in much needed repair.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 08/16/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we are sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. We truly value your comments as they are shared with our staff, but please know we are aware of the current course conditions and working diligently towards improvements. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, and also invite you to reach out to Director of Golf, Raymond Reyes, at rreyes@thepreservegolfclub.com with any other concerns so they may be addressed with you directly. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved round soon.
Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/24/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars, Robert. Come back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!
Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we are sorry to see your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback so please feel free to reach out to us directly so we may address any concerns with you. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved round soon.

Nice layout

This was my first time playing here. I walked in the pro shop about 20 minutes before my tee time and they were expecting me. Which was nice. Got in and out to see Sam the starter, nice guy. Practiced on the putting green for a few minutes and then I was off. Course was in nice shape considering the 95 degree temp. My only complaints would be the is no cart girl out on the course during the week, only weekends. And the greens needed to be rolled. I could see the were being watered which made them a little slow, but I’d rather have green grass than a burnt patch of what used to be grass. Pace was good, again considering the temp of the day. All in all it was worth the price I paid and the conditions I had. Would recommend. I will be back!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review and great feedback! All of your comments will be shared with our staff for any necessary course improvements, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us. We look forward to seeing you at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina