The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge

4.1197941176 4.1 stars from 5 (231)

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole scenic views

RobertAtwood's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2018

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2018

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we are sorry to see your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback so please feel free to reach out to us directly so we may address any concerns with you. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved round soon.

"Nice layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

This was my first time playing here. I walked in the pro shop about 20 minutes before my tee time and they were expecting me. Which was nice. Got in and out to see Sam the starter, nice guy. Practiced on the putting green for a few minutes and then I was off. Course was in nice shape considering the 95 degree temp. My only complaints would be the is no cart girl out on the course during the week, only weekends. And the greens needed to be rolled. I could see the were being watered which made them a little slow, but I’d rather have green grass than a burnt patch of what used to be grass. Pace was good, again considering the temp of the day. All in all it was worth the price I paid and the conditions I had. Would recommend. I will be back!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review and great feedback! All of your comments will be shared with our staff for any necessary course improvements, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us. We look forward to seeing you at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!<br/>

"Good Condition, Good Value"

padejo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played yesterday in hot but bearable weather. The course was in nice shape The fairways had good amount of grass and were hard but not baked. Greens were in good shape, putts ran true and approach shots held. Sand traps all had good sand in them and had been raked at the start of the day. The tee areas all had a good amount of grass on them although some were pretty hard to put a tee in. Staff at the pro shop were friendly and helpful. All in all a real enjoyable golf experience. This course offers a good value for the money.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review and great feedback! All of your comments will be shared with our staff and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. We look forward to seeing you at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!<br/>

"Great Course and Good Value"

FrugalGolfDad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018

Wow. I had played Chapel Ridge in the past, but was away from golf for over a year due to some medical issues. The course was gorgeous. The new management seems to be doing a great job on the upkeep. Really just as good as UNC Finley and more reasonably priced, especially with online specials, twilight specials, or senior/junior rates. (Be sure to check these over the phone before booking an on-line special if there are juniors or seniors in your group.) Staff was friendly. Then there is the course itself. I have developed as a golfer, received more instruction, and studied course management, and I really appreciate the layout at Chapel Ridge. It’s like two courses in one. It’s fairly straightforward for a recreational golfer to play it safe and strive for bogies, but if you want to be aggressive towards the pins to get pars and birdies the risk and required skill rise proportionately. A great course that caters to every level of player. I would probably give it four and a half stars if that were an option.

I have two reasons for not giving it five stars. Firstly, it is not a very walkable course as there are long distances between some of the holes. This doesn’t matter to me now, but during cooler months in good weather I like to walk. Secondly, there were some fire ants at the edge of one of the bunkers and a few got on the grip of one of my wedges that I had laid down. Fortunately I noticed before I put it back in my bag and got them off. I mentioned this to a groundskeeper we saw on the course and at the pro shop. I know golf is an outdoor sport, but hopefully the management is working to take of this. This is a minor issue once one is aware of the possibility, so Chapel Ridge will likely become my “go-to” course when I want to ride a cart for a round. Keep up the good work!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review and great feedback! All of your comments will be shared with our staff for any necessary course improvements, and we're glad to hear you are enjoying the course since you've been back. We look forward to seeing you at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 06/28/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars! Come back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon.

"Really good layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

Great job to the caretakers. Excellent from both a visual perspective and playability. Would highly recommend!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 06/28/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! Thank you for playing at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Come back soon!

"Course condition is excellent despite being hot!"

Paul3833926's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

Had a good day at Chapel Ridge greens were in great shape, fairways were about perfect.

If you have not played you need to come check it out!

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and great feedback, Paul! We appreciate your comments and hope you can make it back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for another round soon.<br/>

Barnacascel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we hope you had a great round with us. Play again at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon!

Steve9727404's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 06/18/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review, Steve! We truly appreciate your review and hope you had a great first round with us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. Play again soon!

"Great Service"

richrider's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The customer service and care was excellent, treated me as a special guest. I was a single wedged in between two foursomes. The stater was asked to move the first group to start on ten so I would have a clear field ahead with less waiting time. Around the fifth pace of play really slowed down, the group ahead was playing on a five hour schedule, had to skip a hole to get around them and resume my play. They even lent me a golf club I was missing. The staff knows how to accommodate players and anticipate their needs. Course was in very good condition.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and kind feedback! We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and hope you can make it back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for another great round soon.<br/>

"Satisfactory"

Kirk1420413's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Course greens in good shape. No beverage cart and snack bar closed early which I wouldn’t expect on a hot, muggy day. Pace of play unacceptable with no course marshal to speed up the group in front of us.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/02/2018:

Kirk, thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments regarding our services and pace of play will be shared with the appropriate staff so we may address any necessary improvements. We hope you still enjoyed your day with us and can make it back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for another round soon.<br/>

"Good course, needs a starter at the first tee badly"

biscomucho's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

I enjoy playing this golf course, the layout is enjoyable for golfers of all abilities. Their tee placement is on point and reasonable, although I the white tees did seem to be a little further up than they should have been on some holes but like i said, it still presented a reasonable challenge from those tees. The greens were plush and receptive, no bare spots or crab grass, but they were slow. The fairways are in as equally good condition and the bunkers were well tended to. Some of the course maintensive staff were indifferent to our existence but the people inside the golf shop and at the snack bar were an absolute pleasure to be around. Hank in the golf shop in particular was a stand out in my experience at Chapel Ridge. We ate lunch there, the onion rings were fantastic. Would definitely recommend. Only issue was that they didn’t have a starter at the first hole so we had a bunch of groups teeing off one after the other and it was an absolute terror by the time we got to the back nine. They aren’t sticklers about pairing you up with people which is nice but they definitely need a starter and a marshal to keep everyone spaced out. I didn’t see one the entire time I was out there. Definitely an enjoyable course and I will be returning, hopefully to faster greens and a more consistent tempo of play.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. All of your comments have been shared with our staff as we continuously work on course improvements, and we truly appreciate your dedication to playing at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge. We look forward to having you back for an even better round soon!

"Great Track"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

Course is the best shape in several years. Couple of fairways a little thin but overall 8+ on a 1-10 scale. Greens are near perfect but are a little slow. Not many ball marks when I checked the course out last week but at the end of the day when I played they were already showing signs of slack golfers not fixing their ball marks.Hope greens make it through the hot days to come and increased play. Watched a patron drive all over hole #8, a par 3, cart path only like most par 3's but you have winners everywhere you go. They just don't understand they mess it up for everyone else. Probably my favorite course in the area, great layout. In great shape now give it a play. You won't be disappointed.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 07/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and kind feedback! On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your comments and dedication to playing our course over the years. We hope you can make it back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for another great round soon.<br/>

"Great playable course"

ACarucci's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

The course is very playable and in great condition.

Response from #ChapelRidgeGolf on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for the kind feedback and 5-stars! On behalf of us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we truly value your comments and hope you had a great round. Come back for another round soon!

Pittspack's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 05/30/2018:

On behalf of us at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we truly appreciate the 5-stars as well as your feedback. We're glad to hear it was a great day of golf, and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Almost perfect!"

Gray5743044's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

This is fast becoming my favorite course in the RTP area.

The fairways were plush, the greens a bit on the slow side (bent grass), but very true & consistent

We played the blues and and the layout is challenging but fair.

With constant GolfNow deals, this is the best bang for your buck around.

Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge, we're glad to hear we can provide you with a valuable golf experience. Your comments are truly appreciated and we can't wait to have you back for another round soon!

"Forgiving course"

Aquacity's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing this course. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Shot one of my best games on this course. Highly recommend giving this course a try.

"Course was in great shape"

mpitzer21's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course conditions were great. Thought the price was fair for an 18 hole twilight deal. Course can be challenging with the number of sand traps/protected greens/dog legs, depending on what tee box we play from. Thought the guy (I think the golf pro) was somewhat rude in the pro shop where you pay for your round and the young man taking the carts at the end of the night was extremely rude. Would still play again due to enjoying the course. Driving range was great. Course also has a nice practice putting green but no chipping green for practice.

Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as well as the 4-stars. We truly appreciate all of your feedback but are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience with some of our staff. We will be sure to pass your comments along appropriately, but we also invite you to reach out to us so we may address any of these concerns with you. We hope you still had an enjoyable round with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge again soon.

"Fun track, true greens, pace of play only so-so"

tmeltzer2106's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

This is your typical modern inland course. Fast, sloping greens roll true, a big plus. Employees are a little scarce--the starter just disappeared at one point for 20 minutes or so, and golfers piled up behind a slow group at the turn, with no ranger around to encourage faster play. I waited almost 20 minutes to tee off on the 11th tee and considered walking off at that point--definitely the low point of the round. Pace improved just enough after that so as not to spoil the round. Maybe this is just a course to avoid on weekends.

Response from The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge on 05/15/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, as well as the 4-stars. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the pace of play and will be sure to pass this along to our appropriate staff for any necessary improvements. We hope you still enjoyed your round with us, and that we can welcome you back to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge for another one again soon.