Style Traditional
Scorecard for Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Course
Black M: 72.4/133 343 196 501 210 379 386 451 500 300 3266 409 173 509 139 432 376 393 370 543 3344 6610
Blue M: 70.7/129 W: 76.4/136 330 167 470 174 367 362 435 477 285 3067 389 150 479 124 417 362 384 351 528 3184 6251
Tournament M: 68.5/123 W: 78.3/140 309 135 441 174 353 322 414 467 266 2881 368 127 470 97 417 349 332 323 503 2986 5867
White M: 68.3/123 W: 73.8/130 309 135 441 140 353 322 414 467 266 2847 368 127 470 97 360 349 332 323 503 2929 5776
Gold M: 63.9/114 W: 68.9/119 256 108 353 91 293 278 353 415 242 2389 303 80 424 81 314 300 275 289 431 2497 4886

Year Built 1962
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Greens Poa Annua Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1962) Ted Robinson, Sr. (1986) Lee E. Schmidt (1998) Brian Curley (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

First Time @ RBI! Loved it.

Absolutely worth the premium to play such an immaculately maintained course.

A very Nice Setting

I played RBI three times paying greens fees ranging from $52 to $89 (GolfNow was $65) A cart comes with the fees. Carts have GPS but no cooler. Beverage cart service is available. I found the course to be a very pleasant experience with one caveat; pace of play. Round 1 was 4 hours, round 2 4.5 and round 3 5 hours. The course’s layout and cart policy can lead to a slow start. Hole 1 is cart path only, 2 is a par 3, 3 a par 4 and 4 a par3. It can back up. My last round was slow due to the foursome in front of us. The course is in good shape with some places where some work needs to be done. I was told they had an unusually wet and cool winter. I thoughts the greens were in very good shape. A little bumpy in places but no bare spots. If you are staying at the Inn, bring the clubs. Guest rate is $75 during the week (if you cannot access GolfNow. Higher on weekends). I really enjoyed the setting and the weather was excellent. Pleasant course.

Picturesque

Beautiful course set into the hills of northeast San Diego. Tee boxes clean but ground was hard to place tee into.. Busy day as men’s club was delayed in finishing. Tee times were pushed back. Starters seemed a little confused as to who was supposed to tee off and when. No player assistants to keep the pace of play moving. Round got a little too long. but when you’re on vacation, from the midwest in March, you’re grateful for 72 degrees! Most of the fairways had shown some effects from winter but not overly concerning. I’d play here again.

For the first time playing the course I surprised on how well kept it was. The driving range could use some work. You can’t hit a driver at all if you are a long hitter like myself. They just Aerated the greens but they still rolled pretty nice. Can’t imagine what it will be like in the coming months.

Great expectations

5 hour round. Carts not allowed anywhere on the course (which was unnecessary on most of the holes) which meant club selection erratic. Will not be going back.

slower than slow

Booked my round at Rancho Bernardo a few months ago for a place to play while on a trip from Arizona. To start off the course is lacking any signs for bag drop, Pro Shop etc. The staff in the Pro shop was rude like we were interrupting him. The starter goes over the course rules like we need to be sure we play on pace. Our foursome waited on all 18 holes. We NEVER saw a Marshall. The round was just under five hours and we were lucky to finish. The greens were terrible, bumpy like putting on a washboard. We did however see the beverage cart at least 20 times. We stayed for dinner which was very tasty but the service was not to the standard a resort like Rancho Bernardo should be. I would never recommend this course to anyone. It is a shame that such a nice course is so poorly managed. Play somewhere else if you are looking for an enjoyable day on the course.

What a beautiful setting....

This course was perfect from the word go! I thought I was at a Country Club! Gorgeous!

Pace of play can be very slow here.

Some days the pace of play is fine. Some days it is not. The course is really nice. Staff is really nice, but on the wrong day the pace of play is very very slow.

Good Course

I made a tee time at 1:20 in order to use one of my VIP discount certificates. That made the greens fee much more palatable. I live in MA but visit my sister in San Diego a few times a year. Rancho Bernardo is close by, so I decided to play it. The course was in good shape, and the greens rolled well, although I had a really hard time reading them. There was an outing going out at the same time, so they sent us out on 13, which worked out well, as we ended up playing the round in about 3 hours. The course is not too tight or long, but there are a few hazards out there. I probably hit driver more often than I should, and that cost me some strokes, as well as my troubles on and around the greens.

San Diego treasure

Once you find the course entrance, it is a local treasure. We played a weekday round at 7:40 am and had nothing but clear sailing. Played in 3.5 hours, almost unheard of in this area. Course was in pristine condition and a very fair test of golf. Enjoy it if you get the chance!

Tee.time not honored

Did not honor our Golfnow tee time. We booked the first tee time. When we arrived and checked in at the.pro shop we we're told we had ben moved to later tee time. No apology. I expected a little better customer service from such a nice resort. It will definitely impact my decision to play there again.

Definitely worth a shot

Great track for the money. In great shape. A good amount of risk/reward shots.

Nice Gem at a San Diego resort

My wife and I had an 8:30 tee time and enjoyed a beautiful morning on the golf course. The course is well-maintained, very fair yet challenging. The toughest holes for us were #10 and #18. Staff was very friendly and offered compliments to my wife after one witnessed her approach shot on #9 as shown on the attached video.

outstanding greens, slow play

Fun layout with greens in excellent shape. Best I've played on in a while. Played on the 4th of July, so expected it to be busy. But when we got to the 2nd hole (a par 3) there where 5 groups on the hole including ours. It was a 30+ minute wait on that tee. Insane for a course of this caliber. Things didn't start to open up until the last couple of holes on the front. Despite the brutally slow pace of play it was a fun day and I will definitely play there again. Just not on a holiday!

Good course but bad service

Course was good. The staff was rude and botched my time then tried to charge me more money.

Great Course - Great People

This is an excellent golf course. Challenging enough but not too much. Great friendly staff. Beautiful setting.

Great layout in the mountains

Very enjoyable round.
The fairways have brown patches due to winter conditions. The greens are great with shuttle breaks. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Poway, California