Belmont Lake Golf Club
Scorecard for Belmont Lake Preserve Golf Club
Black M: 74.1/135 432 468 144 553 319 383 602 236 408 3545 433 507 461 472 195 366 210 380 526 3550 7095
Blue M: 71.3/128 403 415 140 516 298 356 541 206 379 3254 385 480 425 436 183 336 179 340 495 3259 6513
White M: 69.0/125 W: 74.8/133 373 381 130 487 277 327 499 180 351 3005 352 457 391 407 165 314 169 315 478 3048 6053
Gold M: 66.1/118 W: 71.4/125 341 333 108 460 261 285 452 157 324 2721 319 423 355 375 148 286 149 279 374 2708 5429
Red M: 63.2/112 W: 67.8/115 290 307 84 432 236 259 416 135 288 2447 295 378 312 332 120 262 92 239 357 2387 4834

Year Built 2007
Architect David Johnson (2007)

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2017 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #12)

Just Awesome

Love playing here! Staff is fantastic! Course is fantastic! Worth the trip from Chester VA!!

Excellent track. Most holes with a turn are set up for a right-handed draw. Fluffy fairways and good, consistent green speed. Rough was also generous.

Great Course and Staff

Course is in great condition
Staff is always friendly and accommodating
Lots of food options for a meal after your round
Pace of play is great for the area if you get out early

Nice course - slow play

Great layout
Nice folks
Pace if play - 2 hours 40 minutes for the back nine

Course conditions

We have played this course several times and really like it. We booked a hot deal through GolfNow a few days ahead, but on the day of our reserved tee time the course was unbelievably wet, almost to the point of being unplayable. It was pouring rain off and on for our entire round. We requested a rain check, but the management said that it wasn’t possible because we booked on line. We won’t make this mistake again. We were one of only 2 twosomes playing because it was so miserable out. Only got 16 holes in before we had to quit.

Wonderful Course

Beautiful facility, great layout that is very well maintained. Still a bit dormant on the fairways but not far from waking up for the season

Hope to play again!

Great Semi Private Club for the area

Been playing Belmont as my home course since moving back to the area last year
The staff is great and always works me in as I'm typically a single not knowing a lot of golfers in the area
Course is well maintained even though we had a difficult winter
Restaurant is great for lunch or dinner after your round
Definitely a must play if you're in the area
Course is challenging but fair, 3 of the par 3's are long for the more average weekend golfer as they require a long iron or wood
All in all a great challenge with a great staff

Hidden Gem

This was the 2nd time playing here and it again was great! Course is still wet in areas and soft around the greens but no fault to them. We’ve had a lot of rain. Greens are fast and in excellent shape. Staff is so nice and friendly. Being from VA, they treat me like a member. The 1.5 hour drive for me is worth it. Thanks again for a great time and look forward to the next.

Pretty nice course

Booked at a I-95 highway rest area as I got tired of driving, did not expect anything and just visit the course. 1st hole was just average, but move on to other holes, amazed by the layout and well maintained course condition. Wow! I suddenly feel like visiting this course again. Definitely, would recommend to anybody.

Sooooo nice !

This is the second time I play this course while driving in or out of Myrtle beach, and it is a very nice and rewarding course. Beautiful and large fairways, fast greens, nice sand traps, well maintained course and it will always be on my list of must play courses when driving by in the area. Loved every minute of it !

If I had tbe money, I'd buy it !

We met some members (Ron and Bob) on tbe course and had a nice chat too.

Keep up the good work Belmont Lake Golf and Country Club !

Super Amazing Course/Staff

From the minute I checked in to the minute I left I was impressed with the course, facility and staff.

I showed up about 40 minutes ahead of my tee time as I wanted to putt and chip a few before my tee off. I walked into the pro shop and was met by extremely friendly staff. He gave me a detailed description of the course and the greens which paid off during my round.

The speed of the practice greens were consistent with the course greens which is always a bonus. The greens are 1 year old Bermuda grass. The greens were fast and rolled very true; it was pointed out to me by a member to only take half the break you see. Doing this improved by putting but you still need the right speed.

The fairways are generously wide and there is very little rough before you enter thick trees which I was told hold a variety of snake species not conducive to a good round of golf. I entered the bunker a couple of times and the soft sand was nice getting out of. There was some staff on the course and they are very friendly and helpful should you choose to speak with them. I played the black tees just for the sake of doing it and it provided an additional challenge to my round and a few extra strokes.

If you are ever in the area this course is a must, you will not regret it. Like I said, from start to finish this course is a pleasure to play and all the staff were absolutely amazing.

Fast greens

Fast greens for this time of year and the entire course has the feel of a private country club but with much better prices.

Nice Course worth playing

The conditions were excellent. Greens rolled nice,fairways and teeboxes nice. The tees and fairways were just a smidgen long for my liking but not an issue. The staff in the pro shop was nice. 3 hour round. No complaints. Highly recommend. For a hot deal rate its a steal.

Nice

Well maintained fun course, plenty of room off the tee, not too long for the average player, second shot golf course, definitely worth playing.

Outstanding!!

Excellent Course! Very well maintained and challenging layout. Super friendly staff! Will definitely be going back soon!

Outstanding Golf Course

Went off at 7:30, pace of play perfect and entire course from tee to green was immaculately maintained. Greens cut and just rolled so they were petfect.
Not a blade of grass out of place anywhere. Truly one of the best courses in NC. I’m a 3 handicap and course more than challenging but it is a treat to play here. Kudos to all the help who maintain the place and all who work here. I come from Raleigh and it is so worth the hour drive. Also has excellent practice facilities. Food excellent too.

Just about perfect

Haven’t played there in a few months but heard from a friend that the course was in pristine condition so...drove from Raleigh to find out.
We were able to get out a little early and found out quickly that the reviews are accurate: just wonderful conditions (plush fairways & speedy, true Bermuda greens) and we finished in about 3 1/2 hrs. Even the cart lady made sure we had plenty of ice every time we saw her (it was hot?).
The only complaint I have is that it’s not closer.

You have to play this course...... Period

Awesome course that was in great condition except for one or two holes (17/18) which weren''t perfect as were 1-16 but were in overall good shape. Great layout - the greens were amongst the best I've ever seen at a public golf course (Including Pinehurst) and are as good as the ones at Sedgefield where they play the Wyndham Open. My son and I played with another twosome,one who was handicapped - and we still finished in less than 4 hours.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Tarboro, North Carolina
Pinetops, North Carolina
Wilson, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.