Sunnybreeze Golf Course

Blue 35 3100 yards N/A N/A

"Best kept secret"

Tim7761706's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2016

I hesitate to write this review because it's the best kept secret. However if you find a good thing you should share it so here it is. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I Plan on doing just that!

As a Florida native I will comment about the fire ants, welcome to Florida. The price you pay for warm weather and nature.

It is obvious the staff have worked very hard to keep this course in such great shape.

"Great course for the value!"

BermudaKnight's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I'm not sure about the other bad reviews, but this course is great for the value. We have always enjoyed the atmosphere, the friendly staff and the course...a true Florida scenic course! There are tee boxes for champs, men, and women. It was my understanding that the tee markers in the fairways ("green"with no boxes) was an optional tee off area for seniors not necessarily women. And as for the fire ants...it is Florida. We know that they treat them very often at Sunnybreeze. I played there while they were out of scorecards too, but didn't mind the photocopy card. The staff let players know that the supplier was at fault for the 6 week wait for the scorecards! Wish I could write a review about them. Everything has GREATLY improved at Sunnybreeze within the past 2 years. Fairways and tees are improving and great job on the new greens! We understand that they take about a year to mature down here, so we are excited for next season! A great golf course and restaurant for the laid back type who just wants to enjoy Florida! Will continue to recommend and support!

"This course needs help"

Dona22's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2015

This could be a very nice course if anyone attended to it. The layout is well done but the course is in dire need of work. Fire ants were everywhere, fairways were full of weeds and the greens were in terrible shape. We went to play there because we were told that all the greens had just been redone. They may have been awhile ago but they certainly are not given any attention. The women's tee boxes were anything but a tee box. We couldn't even find the one on the first hole because it was not on a mound and basically in the middle of the fairway. We went on thinking that would change but there was not one real tee box for the women. Just two markers placed somewhere on the ground. Also we were given a photocopy for a score card and when we found a real score card on some carts, they didn't even match, distances or pars. If you are a serious golfer this is not a course for you.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"very nice course"

garleep's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 1/15/2013

We enjoyed playing this golf course challenging and the design was good for us beginners. Had a wonderful time and price was right.

"Needs TLC"

ronmantie's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2013

North nine needs work - incl. the greens. T-Boxes and scorecard yardages don't always match.....Forget about using the ball washers and towels, cart came without sand to fill divets. Would go back and play the West Nine as fairways and greens are in fair condition.

"Interesting course"

travelsouth's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2012

More twists, turns and rolling terrain than the average Southwest Florida golf course. Very friendly staff and fellow golfers. We will be back.

"Some challenging holes from the back tees (gold) in a natural setting"

twheele3's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2012

Unfortunately this is the worse course we have played. The condition was poor including greens and fairways. The bunkers had not been raked and were compacted in some cases. There were no gold tee markers on the 7th hole on the North course. We followed a 5-ball group for the first 5 holes until they finally split into a 3 and a 2 group then regrouped into a 4-ball on the back nine. We were a 2-ball behind them and it took us an agonising 4 and a half hours plus to get round waiting on every shot. We also noticed an empty beer bottle laying in the semi rough just off the fairway. We travelled 30 miles to play this course and will definately not return.

"I'll play here anytime..."

Patrick279's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2012

First timer at Sunnybreeze. I call it a purely natural Florida habitat setting with scattered waters, rushes in marsh, woods bordering the course...an altogether enjoyable experience. It wasn't overly busy and completed the 18 hole round in under 4 hours at a really easy pace.<br/> 3 distinct courses here the West course (1-9), the North course (1-9) and a 9 hole par 3 course. The West and North comprise the standard 18 hole layout - easily navigated and with directional signs where needed.<br/> Not a difficult course, no elevation changes, soft sand in bunkers.<br/> Staff is very efficient and accommodating. There are putting, chipping and driving practice areas available.<br/> Prices are very good - even better thru golfnow.com.<br/> Maintence wise, there are a few bare spots on a few greens, some teeing areas could use attention.<br/> I definitely recommend giving it a try - you'll be pleasantly surprised.