Style Parkland/Links

Clubhouse, Lounge, Parking

Available Activities

Billiards

Great Course & Friendly Staff

Staff in the pro shop were excellent, relaxed and friendly. Arranged a buggy at short notice. Course is in great nick and suited my level of play. Will definitely consider the lifestyle membership here. Why pay crazy prices further up the coast?

A gem of a day

Booked in for 12.38 and allowed to go out at 11.30 as course quiet very helpful staff, course is good test of golf in parts has a bit off everything, links and parkland. Course in excellent shape greens are like billard tables. Will play again not just for the golf but the scenery as well stunning.

Beautiful views on a challenging course.

Superb course for the money, at about a quarter of their normal visitor price. I don't understand why it's not better known outside of Northern Ireland?
A really diverse course, with plenty of ups and downs. Varying between: Links; heath-land; parkland type holes, with beautiful and historic views everywhere. Some really quirky and some blind holes too so it would bee advisable to buy a course planner on your first attempt.
We had excellent weather on the day, however I can imagine it can be a bit of a beast on a wet ant windy day if you're a 28 handicapper?

Blowy at Beautiful Ballycastle

Really enjoyed the course, though it was hard going being exposed to the elements, particularly the wind, from the 6th onwards. The first five holes are very different from the rest of the course, being parkland, but quite pleasant no the less.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One thing to note, it seems that the staff don't arrive until around 9.00am, but with Tee off times you can book an earlier T, so be preparpared for a wait.

We got a terrific deal, if you're in the locality would thoroughly recommend giving it a go. Should you not be on top of your game the spectacular views alone will make it a worthwhile visit.

Ballycastle golf club

Wonderful experience on a bollock frozen day. Club pro was helpful and was able to get me put in with a three ball on a very busy saturday morning. Played from the sixth - eighteenth then I had the option to play the first - fith, which I did. The links holes were excellent. Wind was strong enough to push you around but Never really felt I was gonna get punished for a bad shot and never ran up big numbers. Unless I duffed or thinned. Fairways were bone dry. And greens were quick and true. But I needed to work hard on the greens as there were alot of difficult pin positions. The last five holes, 1st-5th were very good parkland holes with a few damp spots but mostly dry and playable. if you play with your head and not your heart your going to have a great day. Very few off course amenities. Ok changing facilities but small putting green with no hole markers and only a net to practice in. Better than nothing but A club of that stature needs better practice facilities. All in all had a great day at a great price. Some beautiful holes and superb scenery. Some lovely elevated tee shots on par threes and blind tees that need you to think. Even if you get a reasonably good day, your in for a treat.

Great course, helpful staff

Bought hot deal to gift as birthday present. Returning after really enjoying last year. Great course, friendly staff who rearranged tee off time to let course drain a little after weekend of extremely heavy rain. Planning to make annual event.

Nice Course

I played this course on vacation. The course was beautiful and challenging especially due to wind. The only issue I had was due to the fault of golf now. I had a tee time of 08:30. When I showed up at 07:45 am there was no one at the course. The course manager showed up at 09:00. He asked if I had booked through golf now and said that was the problem. The manager mentioned golf now is fairly new to Northern Ireland (about 1 year) and golf now does not honor their start times.. He said they have submitted on several occasions that the course does not open until 9 am. Golf now still continues to post tee times much earlier. Other than this issue which was no fault of the course I had a great time and enjoyed playing the beautiful course.

A fun course with great views

Was the best conditioned course we played while we were in Ireland on a 30 days Irish vacation. We had only played links courses, so the layout of the first five holes being parkland, with the next 13 holes beings kinks was intriguing. The fairways were like carpets! The greens were equally as nice. Large elevation changes added to the challenges of this course. Play it, you will love it!

Beautiful scenery, testing course

Very well maintained
Enjoyed the mix of holes: 1-5 parkland and then the challenge of the links holes, particularly 6-10 and 17&18
Spectacular views and scenery
Pro shop wasn't aware of my booking and not the most helpful which was only downside of otherwise exemplary morning
During my round I enjoyed it so much I booked to play again!
Will keep returning whenever I'm in the area

One of the best courses I've played perfect conditions and well looked after course.
Can't wait to play it again

Lovely

Lovely course and setting. Great fun, I'd go back again in a flash. Surely the mark of any good course is to leave you wanting more. Ballycastle did this. Greens were fair, good strategy and precision is rewarded over wacking Driver of every tee. Wind wasn't up when we played so the course did not show its full teeth. I managed 35points with a birdie at 9 (3 wood of tee, then 5 iron to 3feet). Would suit 6+ handicappers most which is the vast majority of golfers after all

Ballycastle a course of two halves

Don't let the opening five holes lull you into a false sense of security, when you get to the sixth this course starts to show it's teeth. When we got to the ninth I hit a 9 iron up the hill to the green with a slight draw never to find my ball I think it found the hidden chasm to the left, my wife never actually made it up to the green after three attempts!! She faired no better on the tenth saying I'm glad I'm not playing a medal after carding 2 blobs and not seeing a way she could ever complete these two holes (she plays off 28)!.
Overall a good course that you need to play at least twice or with a member to steer you in the right direction.
Greens and fairways in good shape for the time of year and very helpful and friendly pro in the shop.

Fantastic views

Booked this off the cuff. Wow what a surprise . The first 5 holes were rather easy and flat ,then came the real course.the views when you start walking up the fairways towards the ninth and tenth are fantastic.the fairways were lush and greens rolled true.would suggest you need a buggy if you struggle to walk up hills. Clubhouse staff were friendly and helpful.would recommend this course to anyone.

Poor weather

Am no expert but the course was in good knick! Friendly people and nice greens

Ballymoney, County Antrim