Branson Hills Golf Club

Silver 72 6299 yards 70.0 130
Combo 72 5877 yards
Orange 72 5323 yards 71.1 123
Scorecard for Payne Stewart
Gold M: 75.1/135 464 227 344 576 455 412 148 545 432 3603 440 599 225 419 574 420 183 434 427 3721 7324
Green M: 73.9/132 439 215 313 567 449 404 140 527 408 3462 429 578 197 396 567 413 173 410 421 3584 7046
Blue M: 72.6/132 433 208 302 552 406 396 126 516 380 3319 420 558 191 388 524 387 155 384 415 3422 6741
Silver M: 70.2/130 403 180 302 498 365 372 126 484 354 3084 396 508 164 351 524 387 155 376 354 3215 6299
Combo M: 68.9/128 342 180 302 469 312 372 126 484 354 2941 346 442 164 351 446 336 155 342 354 2936 5877
Orange W: 71.8/126 342 93 273 469 312 311 109 428 328 2665 346 442 121 275 446 336 104 342 246 2658 5323

Year Built 2008
Fairways Meyer Zoysia
Greens A-4 bent grass
Architect Chuck Smith (2008) Bobby Clampett (2008)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared shirts are required. Mock Neck Golf Shirts are acceptable. Shorts must be Bermuda-length. No denim, cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops

pleasant surprise

first time out, and i was thrilled at the layout. there is a lot of elevation, but most of it is to the golfers advantage. wide landing areas on most holes and the contours along the edges will also benefit the occasional push or pull. a yardage device is strongly recommended if your unfamiliar with this facility. i do want to say that this is an advanced layout. if you hit the majority of your shots offline, it could be a rough go. approach shots demand your full attention and once your on the putting surface, your green reading talents will be tested. the price fit the quality of the course. there has been a drought in the area, so the greens were a little slow, “maybe 9 or so” but still consistent. i will be back next year, and will play here. i played the course at 6200 yards, i am 62 and had never been there. it was very playable for that distance.

Play at your own risk - NO staff help

We played when an unexpected severe thunder storm came through Branson. 13 people so far were killed on the Duck rides in Branson during that storm. There is NO map to assist you off the course in a storm. There is NO assistance to warn you to leave during severe lightning storm. The club house was closed with NO response to telephone calls for help. We made it back to the club house very wet after assistance from a home owner. The staff would NOT let us in to change into dry clothes. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK,

A Wonderful Course to Play in Branson

Played here on Tuesday 4/17/18 and had an enjoyable round. Bunkers are very well maintained and the fairways were wonderful as well. It plays longer that the score card indicates..............but well worth the time to play it! Carts could have used GPS in them, that was the only blip on the day!

Awesome course

Great course and got paired up with three fun guys. Staff was friendly and helpful, the course was in fantastic shape, pace of play was perfect, and I broke 90. Could not have been better .

Branson Hills would play again.

Course was in great shape. Some holes were tough but fair. Lots of up and down hills. Would play again on a return trip.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/10/2017:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed excellent course conditions and challenging holes. See you soon!

Spectacular Views

Highly recommend playing this golf course. Bring your camera because there are some outstanding views you will want to capture. The clubhouse and entrance makes you feel you are at a private club. The layout was terrific. There are many tee boxes to choose from. Most of the tee boxes are elevated and hitting into beautiful valleys. Number 18 was fun because you were hitting straight up the hill. The greens were a little slow. They probably have to keep it this way due to the rolling terrain. Rough wasn't as nice as I was expecting but still playable. I would definitely play this golf course again.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/10/2017:
We really enjoyed reading your 5-star review! Our standard is a private club feel. Number 18 is one of our favorite holes! Looking forward to your next round with us.

Pretty but difficult.

Very hard course. Long, plays much longer than listed on card. If you aren't a long hitter it can be brutal. Large greens that are hard to putt. Lots of elevation change. Great looking holes. Sand traps in disrepair on many holes.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/10/2017:
Thank you for the review and recommendation! The course can be long, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge!
Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/08/2017:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Disappointed!

Fairways not mowed( very furry) , traps not raked. Thankful that I didn't pay full price. Could be a very good experience but no real effort by the grounds crew to maintain such a beautiful course. Won't play this couse again.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to maintain the course, but we're sorry to hear it was not up to par during your round. We hope you come back and try us again.

You'll get a workout at Branson Hills!

To me this will always be the Payne Stewart course as it was the first; irrespective of what Johnny Morris does. This has always been a top-notch golf course and a great track - this has not changed at all! The course is difficult when its cart-path only just because of the routing of the cart paths and the holes. You do get a workout which is what I needed anyway! Staff is great and they are making a name for themselves after losing the tie-in with Payne Stewart.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/08/2017:
We're proud to hear from our golfers enjoying daily operations. Making a name is certainly our top priority!

Great place

I have played here two years in a row while on vacation. Great course when dry, good even wet. Yes, I will play again

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/08/2017:
Glad to hear about your visits with us during vacation! We look forward to your next round.
Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/08/2017:
Thank you for the recommending the course and golfing with us!

Payne Stewart course

Very challenging course. Were having a few problems on the fairways. Lots of elevation changes and woods. Creek is in a strategic location on several holes.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 08/08/2017:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout! Thank you for the 5-star review.

Really great course!

The course was in perfect condition. Really liked the course layout. It was not a short course but very fun to play. Challenging greens. It in perfect shape. Staff very friendly and helpful. Price about the same as other nice courses in Brandon but higher than ideal. No other issues

Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/16/2017:
Your feedback on excellent course conditions is greatly appreciated! The course can play long, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge. Friendly customer service comes first at Branson Hills. See you soon!

Save the frustration for another day

If you're a good player, you'll love the course. If you're like me - that is to say lousy with occasional flashes of brilliance (and an equal amount of cheating), you can still love this course, but you must resign yourself to the idea that you're dating above your station, so to speak. I was lucky enough to play alone today and one I played through the only foursome on the course, I was alone. There are no flat lies on this course (to include 3-foot putts), but that is the result of the breathtaking landscape into which the course is carved. I lost 6 balls today (lousy as I am, that's an anomaly), because the rough is rough, and thar be snakes in them woods! At a certain point, I felt that feeling we all feel, and then I looked up. And I saw a par-5 that reminded me of a Bob Ross painting, lots of happy little trees and a fairway that journeyed off into the distance. I put away my concerns for any flashes of brilliance, cheated a little more than usual and enjoyed tender fairways, undulating greens and elevation changes that forced me to take photos at every opportunity. Play the course, and if you're good, it'll push you. If not, relax and take it in.

Super friendly staff, made it easy to find my way. I'll be back.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/13/2017:
We really enjoyed reading your 5 star review! There is some great imagery here for other golfers to imagine. Sometimes, experiencing a course as a single is the best way to play. It makes for a relaxing day of golf!
Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/13/2017:
Thank you for the 5 star review!

Snails pace

The starter got our foursome out early so we were anticipating an early finish, but it was not to be. The foursome ahead of us was drinking and the marshal came by on hole 15 to check a complaint from behind us. We weren't being pushed and were keeping up so we let it slide even though tree were two open holes ahead of the offending group. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/11/2017:
Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! We're sorry to hear about inconsistent pace of play and will address this situation. We're happy to hear staff was friendly and accommodating during your visit. See you soon!
Plays Twice a year

Great course, great staff

It was a quiet day at the course and I was immediately greeted in the parking lot upon arriving. The starter was incredibly friendly and helpful in getting me set up with the pro shop and driving range. They had a cool little chipping facility next to the driving range that I enjoyed as well.

The course was beautiful with an abundance of elevation changes making club selection vitally important. Many of the greens are well protected with some obvious sides to bail out on if you aren't feeling particular accurate.

Overall I loved this place. The only thing that could have improved this course would have been me being a better golfer... I really explored the whole course.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/11/2017:
We really enjoyed reading your 5 star review! The elevation changed definitely makes club selection important. The great thing about golf is practice makes perfect and we can play again. See you soon!

Narrow and long

The is not for beginners course. Having extra balls is beneficial. It was very fun for a 86+ golfer. Just hard. It is called Branson Hills for a real reason. The hills and water is everywhere. I'm sure after 3/4 times of playing the course I might break 90.

Response from Branson Hills Management on 06/11/2017:
Thank you for the 5 star review! The course can definitely provide a challenge, but we're happy to hear you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you again!
Branson West, Missouri