Looking back from 4th green at the Branson Hills Golf Club

Branson Hills Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Meyer Zoysia Grass
Greens A-4 bent Grass
Architect Chuck Smith (2008) Bobby Clampett (2008)

Pull-carts No

Teaching Pro Yes - by appointment only
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirts are required. Mock Neck Golf Shirts are acceptable. Shorts must be Bermuda-length. No cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops

Amazing course

This is an insanely beautiful course. Top notch experience. Very challenging, but very fair. Everything was great. Will definitely play again

Missouri Advisor

Another good Branson Course

Another really good Branson Course to add to the growing list... I am an 8-10 handicap and have played this course from the tips a couple times and would probably say it's the toughest course I have ever played from the tips. A lot of fun holes and a good layout (except for hole 18 which should be a great finishing hole heading into the clubhouse but instead is one of my least favorite holes ever from a design standpoint). To me, hole one is the most picturesque hole on the course so get your cameras out early. Price is typically around $80 which is probably fair for the course. I wish it was still called Payne Stewart Golf Club after our local hero though.

Here is my Branson 18 hole course top five list from a fun to play and overall aspect.
1) Buffalo Ridge
2) Payne's Valley
3) Ledgestone
4) Ozarks National
5) Branson Hills

pleasant surprise

first time out, and i was thrilled at the layout. there is a lot of elevation, but most of it is to the golfers advantage. wide landing areas on most holes and the contours along the edges will also benefit the occasional push or pull. a yardage device is strongly recommended if your unfamiliar with this facility. i do want to say that this is an advanced layout. if you hit the majority of your shots offline, it could be a rough go. approach shots demand your full attention and once your on the putting surface, your green reading talents will be tested. the price fit the quality of the course. there has been a drought in the area, so the greens were a little slow, “maybe 9 or so” but still consistent. i will be back next year, and will play here. i played the course at 6200 yards, i am 62 and had never been there. it was very playable for that distance.

Play at your own risk - NO staff help

We played when an unexpected severe thunder storm came through Branson. 13 people so far were killed on the Duck rides in Branson during that storm. There is NO map to assist you off the course in a storm. There is NO assistance to warn you to leave during severe lightning storm. The club house was closed with NO response to telephone calls for help. We made it back to the club house very wet after assistance from a home owner. The staff would NOT let us in to change into dry clothes. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK,

A Wonderful Course to Play in Branson

Played here on Tuesday 4/17/18 and had an enjoyable round. Bunkers are very well maintained and the fairways were wonderful as well. It plays longer that the score card indicates..............but well worth the time to play it! Carts could have used GPS in them, that was the only blip on the day!

Awesome course

Great course and got paired up with three fun guys. Staff was friendly and helpful, the course was in fantastic shape, pace of play was perfect, and I broke 90. Could not have been better .

Branson Hills would play again.

Course was in great shape. Some holes were tough but fair. Lots of up and down hills. Would play again on a return trip.

Response from on 08/10/2017:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed excellent course conditions and challenging holes. See you soon!

Spectacular Views

Highly recommend playing this golf course. Bring your camera because there are some outstanding views you will want to capture. The clubhouse and entrance makes you feel you are at a private club. The layout was terrific. There are many tee boxes to choose from. Most of the tee boxes are elevated and hitting into beautiful valleys. Number 18 was fun because you were hitting straight up the hill. The greens were a little slow. They probably have to keep it this way due to the rolling terrain. Rough wasn't as nice as I was expecting but still playable. I would definitely play this golf course again.

Response from on 08/10/2017:
We really enjoyed reading your 5-star review! Our standard is a private club feel. Number 18 is one of our favorite holes! Looking forward to your next round with us.

Pretty but difficult.

Very hard course. Long, plays much longer than listed on card. If you aren't a long hitter it can be brutal. Large greens that are hard to putt. Lots of elevation change. Great looking holes. Sand traps in disrepair on many holes.

Response from on 08/10/2017:
Thank you for the review and recommendation! The course can be long, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge!
Response from on 08/08/2017:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Disappointed!

Fairways not mowed( very furry) , traps not raked. Thankful that I didn't pay full price. Could be a very good experience but no real effort by the grounds crew to maintain such a beautiful course. Won't play this couse again.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to maintain the course, but we're sorry to hear it was not up to par during your round. We hope you come back and try us again.

You'll get a workout at Branson Hills!

To me this will always be the Payne Stewart course as it was the first; irrespective of what Johnny Morris does. This has always been a top-notch golf course and a great track - this has not changed at all! The course is difficult when its cart-path only just because of the routing of the cart paths and the holes. You do get a workout which is what I needed anyway! Staff is great and they are making a name for themselves after losing the tie-in with Payne Stewart.

Response from on 08/08/2017:
We're proud to hear from our golfers enjoying daily operations. Making a name is certainly our top priority!

Great place

I have played here two years in a row while on vacation. Great course when dry, good even wet. Yes, I will play again

Response from on 08/08/2017:
Glad to hear about your visits with us during vacation! We look forward to your next round.
Response from on 08/08/2017:
Thank you for the recommending the course and golfing with us!

Payne Stewart course

Very challenging course. Were having a few problems on the fairways. Lots of elevation changes and woods. Creek is in a strategic location on several holes.

Response from on 08/08/2017:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout! Thank you for the 5-star review.

Really great course!

The course was in perfect condition. Really liked the course layout. It was not a short course but very fun to play. Challenging greens. It in perfect shape. Staff very friendly and helpful. Price about the same as other nice courses in Brandon but higher than ideal. No other issues

Response from on 06/16/2017:
Your feedback on excellent course conditions is greatly appreciated! The course can play long, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge. Friendly customer service comes first at Branson Hills. See you soon!

Save the frustration for another day

If you're a good player, you'll love the course. If you're like me - that is to say lousy with occasional flashes of brilliance (and an equal amount of cheating), you can still love this course, but you must resign yourself to the idea that you're dating above your station, so to speak. I was lucky enough to play alone today and one I played through the only foursome on the course, I was alone. There are no flat lies on this course (to include 3-foot putts), but that is the result of the breathtaking landscape into which the course is carved. I lost 6 balls today (lousy as I am, that's an anomaly), because the rough is rough, and thar be snakes in them woods! At a certain point, I felt that feeling we all feel, and then I looked up. And I saw a par-5 that reminded me of a Bob Ross painting, lots of happy little trees and a fairway that journeyed off into the distance. I put away my concerns for any flashes of brilliance, cheated a little more than usual and enjoyed tender fairways, undulating greens and elevation changes that forced me to take photos at every opportunity. Play the course, and if you're good, it'll push you. If not, relax and take it in.

Super friendly staff, made it easy to find my way. I'll be back.

Response from on 06/13/2017:
We really enjoyed reading your 5 star review! There is some great imagery here for other golfers to imagine. Sometimes, experiencing a course as a single is the best way to play. It makes for a relaxing day of golf!
Branson, Missouri
Branson West, Missouri
Branson, Missouri
Crane, Missouri
Diamond City, Arkansas

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.