Style Links
Handicap 4 1 9 8 3 5 2 6 7
Par 4 4 3 3 5 4 4 4 3 34 34

Year Built 0

Caddies Yes

Dress code Denim wear of any kind are not permitted.

I just finished playing the course.I didn't realize there was 2 courses there. My golfnow reservation said 18 holes. Which lead me to believe it was a 18 hole course. It was only 9 and the guy said we could play it as many times that day . I don't think they have weed killer here because a lot of daisy like weeds in the fairway which helped disguise your ball . Pace was fantastic because no one was playing this . Very disappointed.

Commented On 06/19/2019

For a cheap pick up course it's great, one star isn't fair. I'd give you 1 star for your booking abilities

Absolutely brilliant

Great course tight and fantastic test of golf would highly recommend

Perfect way to sharpen your skills !!!

We played this course on Sunday and it was in fantastic condition. Only fault we could find or complain about was hitting off winter matts at the par 3’s aside from that, a great day out getting ready for the season ahead. Tough tough challenge with narrow fairways, heavy rough and small narrow tricky greens all in great condition. We will definitely be back “the best value for £16 you will spend on a round of golf at this time of the year”

Don’t book a t time and expect to get out

Myself and playing partner prebooked and arrived ahead of time. Long story short, a lot of people in front paying for bann course, my turn to book in and we are told everything good your first t. Get to first t, a 4 ball, a 3 ball, 2 4 balls and a 2 ball. We asked a few guys who said u don’t really need to book. 40mins later we t’d off. After a very enjoyable game Pro guy said “ what did you want me to do, I didn’t know”. He did know I watched him take everyone’s money then say to me your the first out. In a nut shell, pro shop not very professional. I didn’t really expect that much could have been done, but, come on, “ I didn’t know, nobody told me”. First impressions last, unfortunately this is my first and last time playing there.

Castlerock GC bann course

Fantastic day out. Really enjoyed this course. First impressions was good, good big car park with large putting green, short range and chipping area. The tee boxs and greens were very well maintained as were the fairways which were lovely to hit off. I loved the tightness to the fairways which just added to the challenge. I only Hit driver twice all day which I enjoyed as each hole asked a different question from me. Value was good compared to other cheap course in the area. No bunkers, but this didn't hinder my enjoyment, the course was tough enough.
My only issue was that the shop assistant was not very friendly or helpfull. I had to ask where to go and were the range was and if I could buy range balls but very reluctant to help. Didn't dampen my experience but just a side note.
Great days golf, will be back soon, and will love to play the larger course at some stage.

Gale force round

Enjoyable round in fierce winds, tight fairways leading to small well protected greens and brutal rough, you need to be on your game playing this tricky small course.

Fantastic

Hidden gem. Most would associate Castlerock with the ‘also fantastic’ 18hole course, but the 9hole Bann course is also pristine in fairways and greens. Played on a Saturday afternoon with no delays.

Play it as a 9 hole warm up

Played it as a 9 hole warm up to the big course - Mussenden. Some decent holes, some that are short, but some large dunes that create dramatic views. Worth playing 9...not sure I would play it 2x for 18.

Affordable Links Golf

This course is nine holes and was a very affordable way to play links golf without breaking the bank. Although the course is relatively short it is challenging particularly when you play it for the first time as there are several blind shots and shots needing careful placement. Any ball reaching the rough was challenging to find and escaping from the rough when (or if) you found it also proved difficult at times. Playing the nine holes for the second time around made it easier to navigate. A thoroughly enjoyable course with a friendly reception. Thoroughly recommended

The best nine-hole links anywhere?

Stumbling upon the Bann course might have been the most enjoyable discovery of my career. My playing partner and I had just finished a chilly round on the Mussenden Links at Castlerock and lunch in the clubhouse when the sun came out, inspiring us to play nine more holes. What a magical afternoon.
The Bann, a par 34 of 2,446 yards, delivers everything golfers love about links - beautiful scenery, blind shots, wild dunes and quirky holes that are more fun than difficult. Three of the par 4s play shorter than 300 yards, but they're certainly no guaranteed pars. The only par 5, the 491-yard fifth, gloriously follows the river inlet that leads to the sea. The three par 3s are all show-stoppers. The 92-yard third might be the best of the bunch with an hour-glass-shaped green that's difficult to hold downwind. The only knock would be the tiny and very random pond in front of the green on no. 6, a great hole otherwise. If you come to the Causeway coast and skip the Bann, you've missed out on one of the greatest "hidden gems' of all time.

Request A Vacation Quote From Castlerock Golf Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Castlerock Golf Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Castlerock, County Londonderry